Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 02:25 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,196,693 times

Advertisements

^ and was shot, and is dead.

End of story, we can all go home. Everyone at work was talking about this and they all ended by muttering in one way or another they aren't crying that the guy died.

There are too many crazy as* people in the loop asking for money, standing right in the sidewalk yelling horrible things at people who won't give and in general just trying to disrupt everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2009, 02:56 PM

3,047 posts, read 9,033,091 times
60614, you got that right. +rep 2 you. With all these budget cuts lately not only are people losing their jobs but these mentally disturbed people are being released onto our streets. You can't walk half a block in the loop without being harassed.

Old 08-27-2009, 04:00 PM

367 posts, read 917,926 times
I wish there was a "Send a CPD officer a beer" website.

Old 08-27-2009, 04:02 PM

131 posts, read 298,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
Let me guess... were they spinning Hip Hop? This seems to happen outside of Hip Hop clubs more often than most would like to admit. That club has always seemed like a place that could attract trouble quite easily.
Really? Please tell me you made this statement in jest! This is a very ignorant statement. So should we assume that country music causes people to act like hillbillies? And rock music drives people to destroy hotel rooms? Everytime I thinnk we're making some progress in this country, I hear an ignorant statement like this. *sigh*

Old 08-27-2009, 04:07 PM

3,047 posts, read 9,033,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebu077 View Post
Really? Please tell me you made this statement in jest! This is a very ignorant statement. So should we assume that country music causes people to act like hillbillies? And rock music drives people to destroy hotel rooms? Everytime I thinnk we're making some progress in this country, I hear an ignorant statement like this. *sigh*
So you equate a trashed hotel room to a shooting? That is what happens in certain urban communities that listen to rap. I'll take 100 hotel rooms being trashed before one shooting murder. However, the opposite is true. For every 100 people shot in urban communities that listen to rap, 1 hotel room is trashed by rockers.

Old 08-27-2009, 05:11 PM

2,242 posts, read 6,240,131 times
People killed people before rap music was even around.

Old 08-27-2009, 05:17 PM

367 posts, read 917,926 times
Music doesn't kill people. People kill people.

Old 08-27-2009, 07:54 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,123,033 times
I heard on AM-780 that the offender was an "aggresive panhandler" who had a butcher knife. The cops maced him and he ran off. Then he grabbed an elderly man for a hostage but the cops got a shot off and killed him. But then I heard somehow the cop took a bullet in his vest but he was ok. Was that a ricochette??

Old 08-27-2009, 09:44 PM

760 posts, read 1,271,481 times
Quote:
Guns don't kill people, rap music kills people.

C.I.L.L.S. peeple.

By the way, I don't think the statement was in jest.

Old 08-27-2009, 11:02 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,789,833 times
Quote:
I never claimed that any type of music causes crime. I do not believe that at all. But clubs that spin Hip Hop in Chicago have had more than their fair share of violent incidents. My comment was more of a "here we go again" type of thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago