Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2009, 12:16 PM

569 posts, read 1,819,351 times

Advertisements

I love Chicago. I grew up around here for 28 years in the western and northwestern suburbs and finally decided to face the inevitable and move to the city. So I moved to Wicker Park. Over the last few years my car was stolen (liability insurance so I was out 5 grand), got a bike to get around and my quick release hub was loose and I hit a bump and the fork separated from the wheel and I flipped over my handlebars smashing a relatively expensive Dslr camera lens along with my iPhone screen. And just today, I was riding my bike at 6am to get to the Metra stop and got caught in a flash flood a 3rd of the way there and was soaked from head to toe. Couldn't see out of my brand new glasses so I shoved them into my pocket just to realize half way through the train ride still soaking wet that my $300 glasses fell out of my pocket. I'm utterly devastated.

On the other hand, I've made many quality friends for life here. I've been able to soak in the city and it motivated me to start my Chicago based photography company which was a longtime dream of mine. I try to keep an open mind and I've just starting to feel like I belong here. Today was the first day I've had any doubts about that. Does anyone else have bad sh1t just happen over and over again? Is this just "part" of living in this great city? Or do I just have really bad luck?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2009, 12:46 PM

1 posts, read 1,316 times
Smile Re: Just My Luck

When I moved to NY to go to school I was happy to be in a new and exciting city. After six months I was finally starting to settle in and I felt comfortable living there until things started happening. I will spare you the long and boring details, but my 3 yrs. living in NY finally ended with me being hit by a car and my ex breaking up with me two weeks after. In spite of all the drama I would have stayed but I couldn't afford living there anymore. So, it happens to most of us. Some more than others. I always say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago