Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 07:19 AM

5,976 posts, read 13,112,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
In my experience the Milwaukee street gangs are worse. More ruthless and less scared of the police. But the Balistreri family mobsters in Milwaukee were pretty effectively dismantled, as far as I know.

Honestly, the "real" parts of Chicago that so many people tout on this board are pretty freakin' similar to Milwaukee. Take away the gentrified neighborhoods, the transplanted professionals from other states, the awesome downtown, the cultural institutions, and other "elite" parts of Chciago, and the part of Chicago that's left would basically be one big Milwaukee.

I like both cities, by the way.
Thank you Lookout!

I've been waiting for one of you regulars to say that!!
Thats what I've been trying to say on many past posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2009, 08:08 AM

467 posts, read 873,855 times
Quote:
Honestly, the "real" parts of Chicago that so many people tout on this board are pretty freakin' similar to Milwaukee. Take away the gentrified neighborhoods, the transplanted professionals from other states, the awesome downtown, the cultural institutions, and other "elite" parts of Chciago, and the part of Chicago that's left would basically be one big Milwaukee.
"Chicago - a pompous Milwaukee.Leonard L. Levinson

Old 01-26-2009, 08:48 AM

179 posts, read 480,750 times
Today, 10:08 AM
advocatusdiavoli
This message is hidden because advocatusdiavoli is on your ignore list.

Life's good

Old 01-26-2009, 08:59 AM

467 posts, read 873,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damage Control Freak View Post
Today, 10:08 AM
advocatusdiavoli
This message is hidden because advocatusdiavoli is on your ignore list.

Life's good

Why don't you stick your head even deeper in the sand?

Actually, stay were you are. It's better this way since I do not have to argue over yet another absurd claim.

Last edited by advocatusdiavoli; 01-26-2009 at 09:08 AM..

Old 01-26-2009, 11:46 AM

1,722 posts, read 2,555,044 times
Leonard L. Levinson has been dead for 35 years. His latest quote is "Heaven - a pompous Purgatory".

Milwaukee's ok. I love the Milwaukee Public Museum. The European Villages are great.

Old 01-26-2009, 01:31 PM

7,330 posts, read 15,380,121 times
I've always liked Milwaukee, and find it to be an underrated city. I've made posts on this board to that effect. I, along with several of my friends, go to MKE regularly for a slight change of pace.

Sounds like your friends are the issue. Unless they're just busting balls. In which case, lighten up, buddy!

Old 01-26-2009, 03:18 PM

894 posts, read 2,380,617 times
Quote:
ChiMack's talking about the actual gang affiliations, which have their roots in Chicago. GD and the Latin Kings are both pretty big in Milwaukee, and both were originally Chicago gangs that have "franchised" to other cities if you will...
yep just like the latin counts in detroit are from chicago; its really crazy to see how chicago gangs spread all over the usa,i mean there is SD's all the way in oklahoma

Old 01-26-2009, 03:25 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,776,941 times
Out west the Crips and Bloods have spread to cities like Denver. The scary one is MS-13. Those guys are almost cult-like and extremely violent. I hope our friendly neighborhood Latin Kings can keep them away.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:46 PM

10 posts, read 28,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Yeah safe house is still there...I'm looking for a safe house.
We were up this weekend and had dinner at the Safe House. It was really a lot of fun! Since we didn't know the secret password, the hostess made our group do the Hokey Pokey to get in!

Old 01-26-2009, 08:25 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,098,715 times
Quote:
Since we didn't know the secret password, the hostess made our group do the Hokey Pokey to get in!
HA!!!! Been there, I had to pretend I was a cowboy and they made me rope my friend in, then pretend to ride him. Needless to say I was embarrassed but when I walked into the bar I noticed everyone had just seen me on TV laughing. That's when I discovered the fun of going to The Safe House.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago