Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 11:13 PM

53 posts, read 125,144 times

Advertisements

Alright, well even though I am sure there are a few people out there that are going to think I am a nut case, I wanted to ask this anyway. As my boyfriend and I have been looking for apartments, things to do, and etc. in Chicago for when we move there in the fall we came across the stories of Hauntings in Chicago and paranormal stuff. Let me explain, my boyfriend loves paranormal activity. He has experienced several things, and a few that have actually left him a little upset/startled. I have experienced stuff before while with him, and I now refuse to go with him and his friends when they do their paranormal investigations(since he is going to film school he makes paranormal documentaries for practice). So, anyway, we were talking about buildings that are haunted and I got really concerned about where we would be living. Are there any buildings in Chicago that are haunted, that are actually apartments that we could be potential renters of? I know that I sound crazy and that everyone who is reading this is laughing right now, but if you knew what I have seen and heard, you would understand. I promise that I am not a nut case, but I really don't want to put myself in a situation where my apartment is haunted. If anyone could share some advice, experiences or whatever you can, I would appreciate it. My boyfriend doesn't mind if we live somewhere haunted(in fact, he would probably like it), but I know if I saw or heard something I don't think I would be able to live there. Thanks everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2008, 11:29 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,597,919 times
75% of the places I have lived in or slept in (I have lived in and slept in many, many, many, places in the city and burbs) had paranormal activity that I observed.

Boo!

Old 12-23-2008, 11:40 PM

53 posts, read 125,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
75% of the places I have lived in or slept in (I have lived in and slept in many, many, many, places in the city and burbs) had paranormal activity that I observed.

Boo!
Grrreeeeaaaat. hehe.
I know I sound like a nut case, but last time I went with the boyfriend on one of his trips, I saw a ghost/spirit (whatever you wanna call it..she was watching me) and we caught alot of stuff on his camera (digital and video) and voice recording. After that last time, I vowed to never go again, because something just bothered me. Like really bothered me....I couldn't sleep for about a week after that. It doesn't bother him as much. He said that he remembers being young and experiencing stuff and he never was bothered by it...it is just part of him. I can't handle it...for some odd reason. I also realized that Chicago was one of Americas most haunted cities (now that I think about it...no wonder he wanted to move up there so bad..hehe). I just want to be able to sleep in my own bed everynight and not feel freaked out.

Old 12-24-2008, 09:16 AM

5,014 posts, read 9,454,222 times
I wouldn’t get too worried. About the only haunted building in Chicago I know of is Wrigley Field, which is haunted by intoxicated frat boys and the Cubs’ consistent ineptitude every year. I’m sure you’ll be just fine and if you’re not, well, you can always call in an exorcist to get rid of whatever’s there. And if it works, please give that person’s number to the Chicago Cubs’ front office. Maybe they can get to the playoffs next year and actually win a game!

Old 12-26-2008, 10:58 AM

161 posts, read 411,546 times
Default The Vic

I am not going to get into details but if you are in the bathroom of the Vic at Midnight I hear you'll get visited. Muahahahah. Seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl2050 View Post
Alright, well even though I am sure there are a few people out there that are going to think I am a nut case, I wanted to ask this anyway. As my boyfriend and I have been looking for apartments, things to do, and etc. in Chicago for when we move there in the fall we came across the stories of Hauntings in Chicago and paranormal stuff. Let me explain, my boyfriend loves paranormal activity. He has experienced several things, and a few that have actually left him a little upset/startled. I have experienced stuff before while with him, and I now refuse to go with him and his friends when they do their paranormal investigations(since he is going to film school he makes paranormal documentaries for practice). So, anyway, we were talking about buildings that are haunted and I got really concerned about where we would be living. Are there any buildings in Chicago that are haunted, that are actually apartments that we could be potential renters of? I know that I sound crazy and that everyone who is reading this is laughing right now, but if you knew what I have seen and heard, you would understand. I promise that I am not a nut case, but I really don't want to put myself in a situation where my apartment is haunted. If anyone could share some advice, experiences or whatever you can, I would appreciate it. My boyfriend doesn't mind if we live somewhere haunted(in fact, he would probably like it), but I know if I saw or heard something I don't think I would be able to live there. Thanks everyone!

Old 12-27-2008, 12:00 AM

4,152 posts, read 7,934,805 times
Nah. I've heard of stuff but nothing I've experienced.

Old 12-27-2008, 06:43 AM

245 posts, read 697,616 times
I spent 3 years around halloween at Bachelor's Grove Cemetary trying to get a scary pic for the high school newspaper. I figured I'd have the good chance there to get a shot of something. No dice. Either there aren't any ghosts or they clearly don't like me. I had to fake a photo.

Look at it this way, if ghosts are real, that means every person who has died has the potiental to be a ghost. Thats lots of ghosts so tell me where you can go it avoid ghosts, they're eveywhere! If it's possible, I plan on being a ghost myself (but I'm not in a hurry).

I'm sure Chicago isn't any more haunted than any other big city so don't worry about it. Get proof and become rich and famous.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:01 AM

4 posts, read 8,880 times
Ghosts & Hauntings you usually dont want to be a permanent part of. I am part of a three person team who travels and investigates paranormal activity. Let your home be a safe, clear space!

Old 01-27-2009, 08:48 AM

10,261 posts, read 21,743,416 times
Peabody's Tomb.

Old 01-27-2009, 09:06 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,182,626 times
There are hundreds and hundreds of thousands of residential units in Chicago. I wouldn't even know how to warn you about living in some specific apartment.

Maybe if we were in a tiny town and I said to stay away from the old brick house on 2nd and Main.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago