U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-17-2009, 09:18 PM
 
Location: Chicago
35,926 posts, read 55,214,824 times
Reputation: 24543
Quote:
Originally Posted by jxn3000 View Post
and your point?
Perhaps I shouldn't speak for her on this highly complex topic, but I think her point is "I like Garrett popcorn."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-18-2009, 02:01 PM
 
10,329 posts, read 17,458,390 times
Reputation: 3310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Perhaps I shouldn't speak for her on this highly complex topic, but I think her point is "I like Garrett popcorn."
Hmmm... I didn't get that from her post. I thought she was making an argument about the impact of credit default swaps on global credit markets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-19-2009, 08:37 AM
 
8,961 posts, read 12,998,198 times
Reputation: 6919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
Hmmm... I didn't get that from her post. I thought she was making an argument about the impact of credit default swaps on global credit markets.
oh....I thought it was a conversation about coversion to all-digital tv in June.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2009, 01:31 PM
 
Location: North Eastern Minnesota
563 posts, read 617,685 times
Reputation: 286
Ahhh, Chicago banter - I love it and miss it!! Thanks, last few posters. Reminded me of one of my family get-togethers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2009, 06:23 AM
 
1 posts, read 1,070 times
Reputation: 10
To many black drive buys DA u think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2009, 02:07 PM
 
10,329 posts, read 17,458,390 times
Reputation: 3310
Quote:
Originally Posted by d706 View Post
To many black drive buys DA u think?
After reading this multiple times, I think I can translate. He was trying to spell "Too many black drive-bys. Do you think?"

Or was it "To many, African American drive buys the District Attorney. Do you agree?".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2009, 03:50 PM
 
6,364 posts, read 8,611,002 times
Reputation: 2654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
After reading this multiple times, I think I can translate. He was trying to spell "Too many black drive-bys. Do you think?"

Or was it "To many, African American drive buys the District Attorney. Do you agree?".
Not bad. I'd also like to submit: "Too many black drive-bys. Duh! Ya think?"

And while I'm not fluent, I believe that means something to the effect of: "The greater Chicago Metropolitan area, specifically the southern portion of the central municipality itself, is plagued by a spate of homicidal incidents perpetrated by those of African descent, during which the assailants discharge firearms from the relative cover and safety of a moving vehicle. This seems obvious! Did you believe the main complaint about Chicago to be anything else? What say you?!"

Or something like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2009, 08:44 PM
 
10,329 posts, read 17,458,390 times
Reputation: 3310
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
Not bad. I'd also like to submit: "Too many black drive-bys. Duh! Ya think?"

And while I'm not fluent, I believe that means something to the effect of: "The greater Chicago Metropolitan area, specifically the southern portion of the central municipality itself, is plagued by a spate of homicidal incidents perpetrated by those of African descent, during which the assailants discharge firearms from the relative cover and safety of a moving vehicle. This seems obvious! Did you believe the main complaint about Chicago to be anything else? What say you?!"

Or something like that.
Apparently I must spread some reputation around before giving you points again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2011, 02:15 PM
 
17 posts, read 16,953 times
Reputation: 29
If you DO want to see a dead city, come visit me in Dayton, Ohio!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2011, 03:05 PM
 
830 posts, read 1,089,163 times
Reputation: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitownohioan View Post
If you DO want to see a dead city, come visit me in Dayton, Ohio!

Yeah, well I am originally from Dayton, and now living up here in Chicago for the past 13 years...man am I glad I made it here and left Dayton...I do go down and visit once a year tho, wow, that place is dying...not as bad as Gary IN but I can see how the main city might get to that point in 10 years or so...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:02 PM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top