Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 02:20 PM

15 posts, read 39,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubuntumatrix View Post
You're right!

We need to make America white again!
That's why your relatives came here, not because it was like the Third World. Harvard is notorious for affirmative action, that's what informed people think of your degree. Good luck to you though, at least you will be paying taxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2009, 02:29 PM

59 posts, read 156,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiLubeck View Post
That's why your relatives came here, not because it was like the Third World. Harvard is notorious for affirmative action, that's what informed people think of your degree. Good luck to you though, at least you will be paying taxes.
I'm not going to get in an argument online, but for clarification I'd hardly consider England third world, and I highly doubt Standford, Yale, Harvard, Brown, & Princeton were looking at me because of affirmative action...

Surely being president of several clubs, the high SAT scores, recommendations, 4.0 GPA, international experience, and personal pursuits had something to do with it...

You have no idea where my family is from and you already want to claim affirmative action.

When you're white you're good and when you're not you had to be given a leg up right? I pity you.

This reminds me why I ignore most people on Internet forums, it also reminds me of a quote:

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause, who at best knows achievement and who at the worst if he fails at least fails while daring greatly so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt (Sorbonne 1910)

Old 09-21-2009, 03:55 PM

1 posts, read 1,677 times
Quote:
There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all.

This is just as true of the man who puts “native” before the hyphen as of the man who puts German or Irish or English or French before the hyphen. Americanism is a matter of the spirit and of the soul. Our allegiance must be purely to the United States. We must unsparingly condemn any man who holds any other allegiance.

But if he is heartily and singly loyal to this Republic, then no matter where he was born, he is just as good an American as any one else.

The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities.

-Theodore Roosevelt
He was against diversity. He was against exactly what America has become, a polyglot mess of Thrid World people who don't or cannot assimilate. We're glad you didn't benefit from affirm action and didn't displace someone who had more merit than you (if you can be believed). However, it is still a fact that Ivies are grossly into racist-affirmative action as a matter of modern policy, and you know this is true, if you deny this, then you are to be pitied.

Old 09-21-2009, 07:55 PM

6 posts, read 11,453 times
Teddy Roosevelt was a great man and is a role model for White-American people and their kids (just like DuSable or MLK are role models for blacks). I bet he'd be a fan of Sarah Palin for sure.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,669 times
Default Olympics 2016 The decision

Looks like it is Chicago all the way!!

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPjK4MkJ1CQ]YouTube - Daniel Sunjata 2016 Olympic Bid Interview w/ Billy Dec[/url]

Old 09-29-2009, 11:49 PM

134 posts, read 634,014 times
Did they already made the decision? I thought President Obama and First Lady were on their way to Copenhagen, Denmark today using their last opportunity to convince them to pick Chicago over other three cities. Awesome for both Chicago and America! Boy, I miss living near world-class Chicago so badly but I am planning to be back soon though. Go, Chicago 2016!

Old 09-30-2009, 01:22 AM

15,586 posts, read 27,609,770 times
Everything is at a fever pitch right now.

Last edited by Avengerfire; 09-30-2009 at 01:55 AM..

Old 10-02-2009, 12:17 PM

I am anxiously awaiting edsg25's new thread and possible book:

"The cause of Chicago's epic Olympic failure:whiners,shills,unmotivated losers and a sensationalizing blood thirsty crime hungry media ."

Old 10-10-2009, 09:31 PM

134 posts, read 634,014 times
Does anyone know when the location of Olympics 2016 will be announced yet?

Old 10-10-2009, 09:38 PM

^ ^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago