Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 07:35 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,196,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorPointdexter View Post
Many people on here jump at the opportunity to take jabs at some minority group. What gives? Is it unique to this website, or do websites in general attract right wingers?
It's because they're human beings, and we're not saying these things to our faces.

Old 02-21-2009, 08:19 AM

1,966 posts, read 6,076,182 times
They have negative attitudes toward minorities because they have two eyes and can see that so many minority-dominated neighborhoods and institutions in the city suck by any normal metric, and most people don't fully buy the victim hypothesis as a viable explanation why. Though unfair it is easy and natural to over-generalize this attitude to the many undeserving groups of hard-working, law abiding minorities, especially since there is a lot of pent-up frustration because there is no acceptable non-anonymous public forum to honestly discuss non-politically-correct views.

People love to pat themselves on the back for not being racist, but I don't think in any substantial way that most people are any different from the people who post on this forum. Maybe their speech is more sanitized, but it isn't backed up by much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorPointdexter View Post
Many people on here jump at the opportunity to take jabs at some minority group. What gives? Is it unique to this website, or do websites in general attract right wingers?

Old 02-21-2009, 08:22 AM

2,242 posts, read 6,240,131 times
I've seen this.

And it's because it's the internet.
Where nothing can be taken serious in the most serious of forums.

Old 02-21-2009, 08:42 AM

725 posts, read 1,849,487 times
This is a ridiculous thread, but I am often surprised at the level of curiosity about the worst neighborhoods and the poorest and the hatred for people from these neighborhoods. It all goes along with the assumption that people who live in these neighborhoods are all out to sponge money from everyone else, are all violent, and don't want to live in peace. People often neglect the people who are trapped in poverty and the people who really want to do good and improve these depressing conditions.

Old 02-21-2009, 09:06 AM

4,079 posts, read 10,394,567 times
I'm not racist- I'm just prejudice...and I'm serious who isn't prejudice about something

Old 02-21-2009, 09:08 AM

333 posts, read 1,147,779 times
[quote=Basekamp;7559801]
Quote:
Originally Posted by promis1 View Post

Another
ranting, - boo
mushroom eating - yay
acid hitting - boo
tye dye wearing - boo
grateful dead listening - yay
Obama worshiping - yay
guilt trip brewing- beer? - yay
excuse for minority making - YAY
unrealistic - boo
raving LIBERAL - yay
BEAT IT - YAY
RAVING LIBERAL-BOOOOOOOOOOO!

Old 02-21-2009, 09:09 AM

333 posts, read 1,147,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanzall View Post
It's anonymous. People won't be persecuted for what they say. I read these posts all the time and I haven't seen a lot of racist comments. However, I've seen plenty of prejudice comments which isn't the same thing. Hey, I'm black, but sending my kid to a school with <40K average income or you won't catch me hanging out in the poorest, black neighborhoods in the city. But, I won't hang out in any really poor neighborhood. So, I'm fairly prejudiced against poor neighborhoods. But, if I meet someone from one these neighborhoods, it's all good if I like them.

No offense, but it's a weird and slighlty ridiculous question. If you think people are racists, how do you expect those racist people to respond? The non-racists, can't really answer your question either can they? If it makes you feel good, keep stirring the pot. Exactly what we need.
Great Points- you are much more realitic than those white guilt, raving, liberals.

Old 02-21-2009, 09:33 AM

5,525 posts, read 13,949,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeINIL View Post
I'm racist against everyone. I don't like white people or black people as a whole.
Me too! You all suck equally!

Old 02-21-2009, 09:40 AM

767 posts, read 2,066,302 times
Quote:
Another ranting, mushroom eating, acid hitting, tye dye wearing, grateful dead listening, Obama worshiping, guilt trip brewing, excuse for minority making, unrealistic, raving LIBERAL-BEAT IT- this thread should be closed down for you TROLLING- GO BACK IN YOUR HOLE!

Wow....Tell us what you really think....

Old 02-21-2009, 09:42 AM

4 posts, read 14,710 times
Default Thread was more of a commentary than a question

Quote:
Another ranting, mushroom eating, acid hitting, tye dye wearing, grateful dead listening, Obama worshiping, guilt trip brewing, excuse for minority making, unrealistic, raving LIBERAL-BEAT IT- this thread should be closed down for you TROLLING- GO BACK IN YOUR HOLE!
Great comment from promis1

"Being a minority in 2009, gives them an edge to find a job easier than a white with the help of affirmative action, diversity fairs, and college grants just based on their skin color- not their skills."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago