Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2009, 06:05 PM

894 posts, read 2,380,617 times

Advertisements

so the bulls are making moves

they traded thabo sefaosha larry hughes andres nocioni and 3 others..

they are trading big contracts so hopefully this means they will make runs at bosh, amare, wade, lebron, dirk, michael redd when free agency comes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2009, 08:26 PM

1,251 posts, read 2,512,756 times
If Tyrus continues to improve his game (outside face-up jumpers, post moves, etc.), I'd be fine with passing on Amare, an older Dirk, and perhaps Bosh. I don't think LeBron would ever come as he seems to be so intent on heading to New York/NJ. I drool at an all Chicago backcourt of Derrick Rose/Dwayne Wade. We'd be running rings around people. If we could land a serviceable big man that has some moves and can pass, I'd be happy. Brad Miller fits, but he'll be 33 in April.

I like keeping Kirk as a backup who can play either guard spot and is an excellent defender. I was waiting to be bummed to see him go this afternoon, but he's staying (for now).

I'm still interested to see what becomes of Noah, I wouldn't want to let him go so easy. I miss Tyson Chandler sometimes.

I wonder what happens to Ben Gordon?

Old 02-20-2009, 03:23 PM

308 posts, read 757,429 times
What happens with Ben Gordon is anybody's guess. I like him when he plays his game. When he starts throwing up bombs when being double teamed or when he starts driving to the basket and dribbles off of his foot, he is not helpful.

Obviously, we have to build around Derrick Rose. He is our guy, plain and simple. I thought that the trades were pretty good. If John Salmons can provide some scoring, he could possibly replace Ben Gordon. He is a little bigger, better defense, not as good of a scorer, but worthy of replacement. I think a lot depends on what other teams will think of Ben Gordon. I doubt he would get anything like the contract the Bulls were offering him, so we'll see.

I was glad we could get rid of Nocioni. He had regressed, was not really in our plans, and has a contract that is not worthy of his game now.

I like Tyrus Thomas, but the guy just has to be consistent. He has been more consistent of late, but the other day, he had a game like 4 points and 3 rebounds. No. If he wants to become the player that he could become, a bad game for him has to be something along the lines of 12 points and 8 rebounds. He has what it takes, but we'll see if he ever gets there.

The key probably is 2010. I could see us making a run at Dwyane Wade, a star shooting guard who would be even a bigger star here than he ever could in Miami. I mean, a back court of Wade and Rose would be huge, but then when you think about how our two studs are both local guys. Just awesome.

Old 02-20-2009, 03:36 PM

3,047 posts, read 9,030,188 times
Everything that they did makes 100% sense. It's sad that it took Paxson getting booed at Redd's ceremony for him to finally muster up the gusto to make some moves. His inaction is what doomed him in the first place.

Thabo is a great pick up for OKC but Chicago didn't need him. They got a 1st rounder for their 11th man who would have stolen minutes from the NBA's most improved player and former King John Salmons. He needed to be moved, there was no room for him. John Salmons also provides protection if BG leaves. Also, it gives BG less leverage and the Bulls won't get bent over, like Deng did them dirty, not so long ago.

The trade brought more shooters to the Bulls which is good because it will open up the lane for D-Rose and allow him to get more assists. Tim Thomas will actually play cuz he can spell ty thomas and hit some 3's on the outside. Chicago also finally has a real Center since...forever!

The bulls will make the playoffs this season and the next but the great thing is chicago has 3 large expiring contracts, lots of young talent, and 2 first round draft picks to possibly bring in a star via free agency in the future or via a trade.

Old 02-20-2009, 03:40 PM

308 posts, read 757,429 times
We have a real center since...the last time we had Brad Miller?

But that was hardly the same situation as it is now. I think he can do something here...and it also helps that he is a big Cubs fan!

I liked Thabo, never really thought he was going to amount to much, but he was not in our plans and we got something decent for him, so can't hope for much more than that!

I agree, what we did makes us better for sure. Hopefully Tim Thomas won't be the headache he was before.

And it was sad to see John Paxson get booed period.

Old 02-20-2009, 06:32 PM

894 posts, read 2,380,617 times
bosh stated his number 1 choice would be chicago

Old 02-21-2009, 09:34 AM

4,079 posts, read 10,389,774 times
Bosh and Rose- one can only imagine....Why did NY pick up another guard (Larry Hughes) what's wrong with them??

Old 02-21-2009, 04:29 PM

425 posts, read 1,436,386 times
After seeing what we did to the Nuggets with only 8 last night, I have to like our chances with the new roster.

I would like to see them keep Ben Gordon, for some reason I think he's a lot of fun to watch, and he can be a really clutch shooter when necessary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago