U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 05:06 PM

20 posts, read 40,859 times

Advertisements

Hi i'm live on condominium house on Chicago..
There is basement,main floor and 1 floor.
.On each floor leave somebody..On the main floor leave the owner..I'm have visitor few days ago for 2 days 5 year old lady was overnight here{family friend} but the owner tell me i'm can't bring here anybody overnight...actualy i'm avaiting for my family visitor on future and they have also kids...looks like there be problem..can the owner tell me this stuff ? can't i'm have here somebody overnight??

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2009, 05:13 PM

10,714 posts, read 18,361,389 times
No, the owner has no right to place restrictions like that on you--unless your lease has some weird provision in it. Do you have a written lease agreement?

Old 02-21-2009, 05:17 PM

425 posts, read 907,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
No, the owner has no right to place restrictions like that on you--unless your lease has some weird provision in it. Do you have a written lease agreement?
It's all about what the lease says. If your landlord is using one of the standard leases that you can buy from many different online companies, which is likely, then there is probably a provision in it that limits overnight guests. The most common wording will say something like "landlord consent must be given for guests staying 3 days or more, or 6 days in one month."

Old 02-21-2009, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post

no..nothing like that{written agreement}...but what she keep teling ,e{the owner} is something like that...i'm was put u 2 guys in some list and some people know who live here..but if u be have visitors and specialy child then they can't stay here owernigt becouse if something happen{injury} the there be problem

actule she is 80 old year paranoic lady..the visitor is not here few days and she thing the kid leave here

Old 02-21-2009, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hank0604 View Post
It's all about what the lease says. If your landlord is using one of the standard leases that you can buy from many different online companies, which is likely, then there is probably a provision in it that limits overnight guests. The most common wording will say something like "landlord consent must be given for guests staying 3 days or more, or 6 days in one month."

thats big house for 3 families..no clasical condo with office

Old 02-21-2009, 05:21 PM

1,003 posts, read 1,633,948 times
well most every lease Ive had has restrictions on extended visitors and some have even required for managment or owner to be notified if you do have any over night guests regardless of how long the stay is. I have never seen anyone enforce it though ---only in cases of someone staying in the condo/apartment for an extended time because of the liability I guess. If you are having family visit for a few days I dont see how the owner can restrict that unless of course it is stated in your lease.

Old 02-21-2009, 05:23 PM

Yeah thats what I was thinking- the liability issue. Maybe yall could come up with some sort of written agreement releasing her of liability to ease her worries.

Old 02-21-2009, 05:25 PM

Well if she thinks the kids live there and yall share the same building than there seems to be a huge communication problem.

Old 02-21-2009, 05:26 PM

BTW I have no idea how to reply to specific posts or show the qouted message- sorry if my answers become confusing

Old 02-21-2009, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyssaTx View Post
Yeah thats what I was thinking- the liability issue. Maybe yall could come up with some sort of written agreement releasing her of liability to ease her worries.

she's crazy old lady..maybe i'm can try made some agreement where i'm gonna tell her abouth my possible visitor and also if something happen thats be have nothing to do with her and she will don't pay nothing on that case hope she sing up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago