Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2014, 01:36 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,913,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCrest182 View Post
Have something to contribute? Or just a stupid passive comment?
Enough of the bomb-throwing--you're not convincing anyone of anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2016, 11:25 AM

1 posts, read 1,039 times
Hello
Do you think I should buy the lot east of 63rd cottage grove area. And if so
Is there a way to know what the value of the lots are going for?
Thanks Terry

Old 07-27-2016, 11:29 AM

1,769 posts, read 2,104,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrycurly2327 View Post
Hello
Thanks Terry
I found an empty grass land next to a house, for $250, by 71st/Cottage Grove, and I posted that in a Chicago gang forum. Basically, the property tax in Black neighborhoods is really expensive, so they trying to sell that asap.

Old 07-27-2016, 02:05 PM

5,014 posts, read 9,458,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrycurly2327 View Post
Hello
Thanks Terry
FYI, that isn't East Garfield Park. That's the dead center of Woodlawn. It's a rather high crime area with a lot of vacant lots and boarded up buildings. The north part gets some spillover of UC students from Hyde Park, and I think the UC police patrol some of it now too. Depends on what you want to build on the lot.

Old 03-22-2018, 11:29 AM

61 posts, read 42,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humboldt1 View Post
Savoir,

I haven't been on city data much lately. However, I am basically in agreement that EGP is a rough area with hope but that significant improvement is years away.

On a more positive note madison and western is getting grocery store (and 150 more jobs) and the food desert is getting a lot smaller. I expect that corner will see more development in the next 5-10 years (I realize this area is westhaven, but is not too far from EGP).
Not sure if there have been more positive changes since the Pitt's market got built.

Old 03-22-2018, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humboldt1 View Post
Savoir,

I haven't been on city data much lately. However, I am basically in agreement that EGP is a rough area with hope but that significant improvement is years away.

On a more positive note madison and western is getting grocery store (and 150 more jobs) and the food desert is getting a lot smaller. I expect that corner will see more development in the next 5-10 years (I realize this area is westhaven, but is not too far from EGP).
Not sure if there have been more positive changes since the Pitt's market got built.

Old 03-22-2018, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rialtoma View Post
Pete's is not in EGP, it's in the Near West Side. And yes, it's made positive change. Well, at least we have a grocery store nearby to go to. The area around it is a little rough still but I think that'll change.

Old 03-22-2018, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRU67 View Post
Pete's is not in EGP, it's in the Near West Side. And yes, it's made positive change. Well, at least we have a grocery store nearby to go to. The area around it is a little rough still but I think that'll change.
Do you know how long Walgreens / McDonals have been around that corner?

Old 03-22-2018, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rialtoma View Post
Do you know how long Walgreens / McDonals have been around that corner?
No idea. Probably for many years by the looks of it. I just moved there four years ago and they were there then.

Old 03-22-2018, 08:30 PM

1,067 posts, read 915,775 times
East Garfield Park is most certainly changing and for the better. I've noticed investor / rehab activity has picked up there big time which means the mid-level renters / homeowners are following. It's definitely still a little rough but the better areas are gradually filling in. It will still take about 5-10 years before it becomes the next Logan Square but I fully believe it's coming. There are so many office buildings going up in the West Loop if you look at the Curbed Chicago website....and West Loop / Near West Side / EGP is the natural place for people to look to live.

What EGP really needs is some character like bars / shops / restaurants. Besides the Pete's Fresh Market area there's literally nothing where people want to hang out and socialize from the United Center to the park itself. I hope these start springing up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago