Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 08:37 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,609,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Next time just pretend to be turned on, then move in close. When you get close enough, shove a pencil up his nostril. Im not talkin about a normal no.9, Im talkin about one of these bad boys:https://edgecastcdn.net/800034/www.p.../LRGE-1126.jpg
Forget the nostril-shove it in his ball sack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2009, 08:43 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,609,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipcromer View Post
lol none in houston or any other big city eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyssaTx View Post
lol nope
Yeah right.

Old 02-27-2009, 12:06 AM

1,243 posts, read 2,687,832 times
Stop scaring MyssaTx or she won't move here....Should I start talking about the homeless people weaving between cars asking for change at the intersections?

Old 02-27-2009, 01:56 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,170,124 times
Get a good quality metal whistle.
When any person messes with you give a good blast on the loud whistle.
When everyone turns to see where the noise came from, point out the perp and yell that he is harrassing you.
Maybe someone will beat the possum grits out of him.
A whistle also works good over the phone to get rid of tele-marketers. It hurts their ears.

Old 02-27-2009, 02:26 AM

3,007 posts, read 6,287,090 times
Bring your 6'6" 285 lb cousin on board and then watch the coward shrivel.

The harasser in question is an embarassment to real men the world over. They are cowards who inflate their egos by preying on those with whom they feel they can get away with ****.

Alternatively, bring mace.

But be careful. Cowards are cowards through and through. He may seek to get revenge upon your revenge. The dude that killed Jennifer Hudson's family was one such guy: little man's syndrome and a wimp, so instead of being a man and working hard to feed his family, he killed those who bothered to lend him a helping man. Pure coward. So watch out and be safe.

Old 02-27-2009, 06:43 AM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,086,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhe1982 View Post

The guy looks like 17,8, said some disgusting words to me.
I just stood up and changed to another seat, then he got off the train at the next stop.
Can I call 911 next time?
I wouldn't call 911 because some teenager called you a few rude names. I'm female, and have been riding the 'el' since the 80's when everything that has been described earlier (e.g. 'shell games', flashers, that one guy with the gun, etc) have been going on. In fact, one of the best lessons I learned as a teenager was once falling victim to the shell game, losing $10 and learning the hard way why you never win at the shell game.

Now, if said teenager was threatening you, and the rude things he said implied violence, then you need to get away from him, don't stick around to call anyone. If you are on the bus, walk to the front and sit or stand by the conductor, if on a train, go and stand by the emergency call button, and he'll get the message real quick that you will bring a whole lot of embarrassing attention to him if he continues. But, if he is just being a disgusting little twit and calling you a rude name and then running away (which sounds like exactly what happened), I would just ignore him.

And yes, don't give people like skyeINIL the satisfaction of being scared of them

(I was a teenager who used to ride the the 'el' like it was a carnival ride with her little punk friends too)

Old 02-27-2009, 07:03 AM

863 posts, read 2,784,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j33 View Post
And yes, don't give people like skyeINIL the satisfaction of being scared of them
LOL! Thanks!

Old 02-27-2009, 07:24 AM

1,817 posts, read 4,926,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeINIL View Post
LOL! Thanks!
skye,

Im not disagreeing with what you said originally. I just didnt really like your use of the word 'scaredy cat.' It appeared thats what you were calling the OP.

Old 02-27-2009, 08:40 AM

863 posts, read 2,784,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipcromer View Post
skye,

Im not disagreeing with what you said originally. I just didnt really like your use of the word 'scaredy cat.' It appeared thats what you were calling the OP.
That's cool. I wasn't calling anyone that. My response was more of out of frustration that the only advice given to the OP was to call for help like some damsel in distress. Of course, if anyone feels threatened and wants to call for help, they should.

Old 02-27-2009, 08:43 AM

725 posts, read 1,849,487 times
My mom had some guy whip it out and start....um....pleasing himself next to her on the El once. And yes, she switched seats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago