Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 09:31 PM

38,707 posts, read 102,751,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLCMA View Post
As the OP of this post I have to say I'm disappointed in the people who fight with one another, have negative views of the area I'm looking at and everything in general, and go completely off topic. All I wanted to know is what neighborhoods were good for young professionals and it appears that LP is a great place to live if you're single and white collared. I don't know why so many people get into arguments and go completely off topic. I do thank the people who answered my post, which is very few. I feel the people on here who bash others and are negative are just miserable in their own lives and have to vent on here which is just ridiculous.
I'm wondering if it occurred to you that the people who have unflattering things to say about the area you're looking at might have a legitimate perspective not simply based on than the hoary old "you're just miserable in life" nonsequitur? Because if you only wanted to hear positive things about LP, doesn't that mean your mind was already made up? If so, one has to wonder why you even asked about it in the first place. You wanted our input and you got it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2009, 09:37 PM

1,912 posts, read 5,420,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLCMA View Post
As the OP of this post I have to say I'm disappointed in the people who fight with one another, have negative views of the area I'm looking at and everything in general, and go completely off topic. All I wanted to know is what neighborhoods were good for young professionals and it appears that LP is a great place to live if you're single and white collared. I don't know why so many people get into arguments and go completely off topic. I do thank the people who answered my post, which is very few. I feel the people on here who bash others and are negative are just miserable in their own lives and have to vent on here which is just ridiculous.
OP, if you are still wobbling between a couple of choices, go on you tube and search Dreamtown + "the neighborhood you are looking at" (ie- Dreamtown Wicker Park). Dreamtown is a local real estate broker and they make videos of the locations and interview residents and business owners there. The perspective is pleasantly skewed, they are trying to sell houses afterall, but watching those really helped me to narrow my search when I moved here from out of state.

Old 03-02-2009, 10:47 PM

184 posts, read 764,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
Welcome to 2555 North Clark Apartments

Not worth the price AT ALL.
Where's the pricing list? I didn't see it on the website.

Old 03-02-2009, 10:52 PM

38,707 posts, read 102,751,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mel2000 View Post
Where's the pricing list? I didn't see it on the website.
Here ya go: 2555 North Clark Apartments Rental Ranges

Old 03-03-2009, 06:56 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,010,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Shaddup. If I wanted to live in Lincoln Park, I'd live in Lincoln Park. I just don't like the kind of people who inhabit the place. People like, well, you, who embody the prevalent "we are better than our social underlings" attitude that oozes from the place. You know -- the kind of people who believe that not caring for Lincoln Park could only be the result of jealousy.

Contrary to what someone else suggested up stream, I don't mind yuppies, though I do wish they'd stop overrunning every marginally interesting neighborhood and homogenizing the interesting aspects out of them. What I do mind is the "more financially and socially advanced than thou and I'll make good and sure you know it" BS that wafts out of Lincoln Park and its stereotypical residents, such as yourself. There are plenty of yuppie neighborhoods that have solid yuppie credentials without the rotten "Keeping Up With the Doucheworths" mindset.

And before I get angry responses from Lincoln Park residents that "not everyone who lives here is like that," let me pre-empt you: not everyone who lives in Lincoln Park is like that. But enough of them are that it ruins the place for me.
Ha ha. Yep, I'm sure you could live in Lincoln Park, (in a one BR studio). Your pissing and moaning is a laugher. You were clearly given too many wedgies as a kid and probably endured a number of times being stuffed in a locker? You must not have fit in with the 'in' crowd.

There are plenty of 'interesting' neighborhoods on the northside, which from your description seems to incorporate everything from a crack head bum pissing on a graffiti covered wall to hippie wannabes hanging out in a coffee shop complaining about Republicans to mom, dad, baby and black lab parking the Range Rover in front of Wholefoods.

Some people just prefer to have less bums in their neighborhood and God forbid, they should build homes that improve your property values.

Old 03-03-2009, 07:39 AM

184 posts, read 764,077 times
Quote:
Starting at $1274/month for a 500 sq ft studio with parking? Glad I'm a southsider.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:05 AM

1,437 posts, read 3,061,961 times
Quote:
I'm wondering if it occurred to you that the people who have unflattering things to say about the area you're looking at might have a legitimate perspective not simply based on than the hoary old "you're just miserable in life" nonsequitur? Because if you only wanted to hear positive things about LP, doesn't that mean your mind was already made up? If so, one has to wonder why you even asked about it in the first place. You wanted our input and you got it.
Using words like "hoary and nonsequitur", you sound like you're from LP, or atleast would fit in quite well there. ........

Old 03-03-2009, 08:17 AM

425 posts, read 1,431,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsteelerfan View Post
Using words like "hoary and nonsequitur", you sound like you're from LP, or atleast would fit in quite well there. ........
Yeah, because only really stuck-up people speak like proper adults with more than a middle school vocabulary.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:32 AM

527 posts, read 1,239,821 times
Default gross

I don't mind LP, but I also like to point out to them the past few quarters they have greatly diminished from their once dominant tax contributor stance for the city. Guess you can see why the city has always serviced other neighborhoods. Diversifying its portfolio.

If any of my single friends meet a single guy at the bars that actually lives in a 500 foot LP studio that is lets say 27 or older, they will question whether it might just be a slumming pad, which many older men keep in the city for business trips/weekends when they will be after college aged and slightly older chicks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel2000 View Post
Starting at $1274/month for a 500 sq ft studio with parking? Glad I'm a southsider.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:59 AM

1,437 posts, read 3,061,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hank0604 View Post
Yeah, because only really stuck-up people speak like proper adults with more than a middle school vocabulary.
My words EXACTLY! Thanks for agreeing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago