Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 06:56 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,792,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipcromer View Post
Wrigley on the other hand...a maze! How can I have two seats right next to each other yet have the numbers not be concurrent with one another.
Well, Wrigley pre-dates the Titanic by several years. It's expected there. You also pee in troughs for crying out loud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 07:56 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,612,634 times
Stan Musial was decent I cannot argue there.

However I would present somebody nobody mentioned (I find it hard to believe nobody has) as the best living player in baseball.

His name is Sandy Koufax.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:46 PM

1,817 posts, read 4,926,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
Stan Musial was decent I cannot argue there.

However I would present somebody nobody mentioned (I find it hard to believe nobody has) as the best living player in baseball.

His name is Sandy Koufax.
Right or wrong, I tend to put pitchers into a different category.

That said, I still have a tough time saying Sandy was the greatest of all time. Mostly due to the fact that he was finished by age 30. I understand that by the time you were thirty in his era you pitched quite a few more inning then somebody that pitches to thirty in this era. Maybe I should take that more into consideration?

Old 05-13-2009, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
Well, Wrigley pre-dates the Titanic by several years. It's expected there. You also pee in troughs for crying out loud.
I dont disagree at all.

As a cards fan, I love Wrigley.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:52 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,612,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipcromer View Post
Right or wrong, I tend to put pitchers into a different category.

That said, I still have a tough time saying Sandy was the greatest of all time...
I am saying he is the best living baseball player-not the greatest baseball player that has ever played.

The OP stated that Pujols or Musial is the greatest living player.

Now if we are going to debate who is the greatest active player that is another ball game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronstlcards View Post
Chicago might be "better" than St. Louis in other categories...

...Plus St. Louis has the best living player in baseball.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronstlcards View Post
I meant Albert, but that actually is a little bit of an over statement. Actually, former Cardinal Stan Musial probably is the best living baseball player.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
I am saying he is the best living baseball player-not the greatest baseball player that has ever played.

The OP stated that Pujols or Musial is the greatest living player.

Now if we are going to debate who is the greatest active player that is another ball game.
Fair enough.

Old 05-13-2009, 10:07 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,792,528 times
I still think either Willie Mays or Hank Aaron takes it. But I'm partial to Hank Aaron because he was a Milwaukee Brave.

Old 05-14-2009, 10:26 AM

5,288 posts, read 8,879,802 times
wasn't hard to find the bleachers, the signage directing you to the limited staircases (or is it just one staircase?) was what was whack. I walked in a giant circle around the park before realizing I needed to basically turn around and go all the way to the other end.

reminded me of MSI, where the exhibit halls dead end and you have to retrace your steps, whereas at the Field Museum there are stairs in every corner.

Old 05-19-2009, 01:55 PM

5,288 posts, read 8,879,802 times
the problem was the signage, we walked for 15 minutes only to finally realize the bleachers couldn't be accessed from that end of the park. and we hadn't been drinking at that point of the day!

anyhoo, so it's on tonight!

Old 05-19-2009, 02:16 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,917,264 times
Default I'll take Mays..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
I still think either Willie Mays or Hank Aaron takes it. But I'm partial to Hank Aaron because he was a Milwaukee Brave.
...by a very slight margin over Aaron; Musial was a great player, but his hitting was much better than his defensive skills. Aaron did everything well; Mays , while hitting fewer HRs than Aaron, had greater ability in the field and on the basepaths. And I haven't even mentioned Ernie Banks, Frank Robinson, Harmon Killebrew or Al Kaline...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago