Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 01:05 AM

38,707 posts, read 102,705,069 times

Advertisements

Yes I'm sure you didn't read it because you'd hate to have to know you're wrong yet again.

Notice she COMPARED IT to Lawrenceville. Didn't say it was a PART of Lawrenceville, or the city, though she did say it "should be" considered a part of the city even as she acknowledged that it isn't. Thanks for playing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2009, 01:16 AM

1,437 posts, read 3,060,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Yes I'm sure you didn't read it because you'd hate to have to know you're wrong yet again.

Notice she COMPARED IT to Lawrenceville. Didn't say it was a PART of Lawrenceville, or the city, though she did say it "should be" considered a part of the city even as she acknowledged that it isn't. Thanks for playing.
Stop the presses! Everyone jump over to the Pittsburgh forum and look at his OWN STATEMENTS about the borough of Sharpsburg! You said to her, "I get what you're saying, if it wasn't for the river, it'd be hard to tell where Pittsburgh stops and Sharpsbug begins". Those are YOUR words, not mine! Now how is that a suburb now? You just proved my statement about people not considering the boroughs of Pittsburgh to be "suburbs"!

Lawerenville is VERY urban, so how would it be hard to tell the difference?.... Maybe cause MY statements are VERY accurate!...

I didn't realize that you would make it so easy to prove your statements wrong, I do thank you for doing so.... I doubt I'll make any more comments on either of the two forums concerning this topic. Why would I, you ended it with your own words an admission, to my surprise I may add! Thanks agian........

Old 03-23-2009, 01:18 AM

Quote:

Who said Shapsburg was the city? I said the boroughs are an in-between if you will. I was born and raised there (unlike you), I know the city! Later my man...........

Old 03-23-2009, 01:26 AM

38,707 posts, read 102,705,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsteelerfan View Post
Stop the presses! Everyone jump over to the Pittsburgh forum and look at his OWN STATEMENTS about the borough of Sharpsburg! You said to her, "I get what you're saying, if it wasn't for the river, it'd be hard to tell where Pittsburgh stops and Sharpsbug begins". Those are YOUR words, not mine! Now how is that a suburb now? You just proved my statement about people not considering the boroughs of Pittsburgh to be "suburbs"!

Lawerenville is VERY urban, so how would it be hard to tell the difference?.... Maybe cause MY statements are VERY accurate!...

I didn't realize that you would make it so easy to prove your statements wrong, I do thank you for doing so.... I doubt I'll make any more comments on either of the two forums concerning this topic. Why would I, you ended it with your own words an admission, to my surprise I may add! Thanks agian........
My God you are dull. Correcting your every post has gotten so tiresome that it's just not worth the bother any more. Even a rat will eventually stop running through a maze that has no exit.

Old 03-23-2009, 01:28 AM

7,330 posts, read 15,315,647 times
Wow. Pitt. I'm so glad you're around to enlighten us all with your semi-literate ramblings.

The best writers, actors, improv comedians, etc., say that the best way to play a convincing rube is to have the idiot speak as if it is he, in fact, that knows all, and everyone else is either confused or stupid.

You've mastered it, Pitt. Congratulations.

Old 03-23-2009, 01:28 AM

Quote:
My God you are dull. Correcting your every post has gotten so tiresome that it's just not worth the bother any more. Even a rat will eventually stop running through a maze that has no exit.

Old 03-23-2009, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
Wow. Pitt. I'm so glad you're around to enlighten us all with your semi-literate ramblings.

The best writers, actors, improv comedians, etc., say that the best way to play a convincing rube is to have the idiot speak as if it is he, in fact, that knows all, and everyone else is either confused or stupid.

You've mastered it, Pitt. Congratulations.

Old 11-07-2009, 02:27 AM

3 posts, read 5,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitown2pa View Post
Here is a conversation starter. I have searched all over online (SSP, SSC, CD) and nobody seems to have talked about this before. Now, NYC has Boroughs, because it is huge and has annexed many of what used to be independent counties and townships over its history. This is my question: if your city had "boroughs," what would they be? Feel free to use your own rationalization, but please give your reasoning. Should be interesting.

For Chicago, I would say that ours would be: North Side (everything north of River North all the way to Rogers Park and west to O'Hare), South Side (South Loop down to the IL/IN Border (including the "East Side" neighborhood), West Side (Greektown/West Loop all the way out to Garfield Park and the border with Oak Park, and Downtown (the Loop, River North, Printers Row, Gold Coast, etc).
New York boros are in fact counties with few million people each. Chicago is too small to have boros or counties within the city.

Old 01-26-2015, 11:43 PM

1 posts, read 888 times
Although it is accurate that Chicago could be considered wards in the political, municipal capacity. Chicago also has Burroughs example; Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Andersonville, Boys Town, etc. although individuals speaking they are not as large as the give NY Burroughs they ate technically informant "barrios" which translated to Burroughs. So if Chicago would be split up by Burroughs I would think out would be done in that fashion and incorporating as it already exists the court councilman/woman for each areaas it already exists.

Old 01-27-2015, 08:04 AM

2,884 posts, read 4,954,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by restorehopeas1 View Post
Although it is accurate that Chicago could be considered wards in the political, municipal capacity. Chicago also has Burroughs example; Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Andersonville, Boys Town, etc. although individuals speaking they are not as large as the give NY Burroughs they ate technically informant "barrios" which translated to Burroughs. So if Chicago would be split up by Burroughs I would think out would be done in that fashion and incorporating as it already exists the court councilman/woman for each areaas it already exists.
Gee thanks for resurrecting a dead thread for this. Chicago has official wards and neighborhoods. We don't need boroughs. Nice spelling and grammar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago