U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-01-2009, 06:06 PM

1,253 posts, read 1,414,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoaklandish View Post
I have no problem with them helping out to prevent violent crime. However, there are videos that they put up on youtube, where they detain, and possibly assault, people for offenses like painting graffiti or smoking weed on the Blue Line platform. The graffiti thing wouldn't bother me so much if it weren't for the fact that the head of the Chicago chapter, Michael Fuentes (aka DJ 3rd Rail) has spent the last 20 years on his radio show encouraging kids to paint illegal graffiti. I used to listen to his show, back when he actually used to play some good hip-hop instead of just talking the whole time, and he would frequently specify that he only considered graffiti writers to be worthy of respect if they painted ILLEGALLY, and that if you painted permission walls you're a sellout. Also, they brag on DJ 3rd rail's message board about slamming a coke dealer's head into the platform, I believe the quote was "EAT PLATFORM SCUMBAG." There are people getting shot, stabbed, beaten, and raped in parts of Chicago like Little Village, Pilsen, Back of The Yards, Englewood, etc; it seems to me that if they really care about protecting the city, they should patrol these neighborhoods rather than busting taggers at the Western stop.

Wait, wait, wait.... 3rd Rail is the head of the Chicago chapter of the Guardian Angels? Wow, that's hilarious. I haven't listened in years, but all I can remember about the show is him arguing with callers about "what's real hip-hop" this, or "who is real hip-hop" that. I listened for the unintended comedy.

Last edited by linicx; 12-01-2009 at 03:50 PM.. Reason: language
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2009, 06:14 PM

3,089 posts, read 3,039,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
They aren't psychos, but I met some in Minneapolis that were pretty out there. Let's be honest, you have to be a little off to go to neighborhoods like West Lawn of Englewood wearing a beanie like Re-run from "What's Happenin" thinking you can stop crime.

They sound like my kindof people!

Old 05-17-2009, 03:14 PM

1 posts, read 1,832 times
Well i hate to bust some bubble bout the ga's but if you have not been on patrol with them in the streets of chicago you need to get your facts straight before u start talking negative things bout a group u know nothing about.

Old 05-17-2009, 05:26 PM

1,806 posts, read 3,207,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRONEAGLE3919 View Post
Well i hate to bust some bubble bout the ga's but if you have not been on patrol with them in the streets of chicago you need to get your facts straight before u start talking negative things bout a group u know nothing about.
By all means, tell us where the posters are incorrect.

The floor is yours!

Old 06-08-2009, 03:44 PM

1 posts, read 1,759 times
lets just take it easy who we are calling psychos. my dad died being part of this group. he got shot trying to help soemone. he died before i started school, and i'm 18 now. i'm beginning to miss him more and more, but i'm proud of how he died, and i'm proud of the Guardian Angels. sure their methods might be a little rough sometimes, but they get the bad guys. isnt that what we should care about?

Old 06-08-2009, 05:09 PM

248 posts, read 761,558 times
regardles of where they are patroling....ya gotta give credit for taking time out there lives to serve and protect or whatever....

Old 08-12-2009, 06:06 PM

9 posts, read 21,117 times
I have not only seen them but know them and train with them. Too much time on their hands? Are you kidding me? Define how much time a person should give back to the community? How much is too much for good deeds?

Old 08-12-2009, 06:12 PM

9 posts, read 21,117 times
I'm so sorry about your dad! You keep being proud! Don't let anyone tell you different! Bet you he's the proud one! Of you! For real.

Old 08-13-2009, 11:18 AM

2,989 posts, read 2,792,783 times
I don't trust people who want to be the authorities. I really don't trust people who make up their own authority.

Old 11-27-2009, 06:56 PM

1,056 posts, read 659,002 times
the Guardian Angels are a non profit organization and its members are volanteers from all ages that want to help thier communities. Guardian Angels have the right use "force" and place citizen arrests on those who have broken the law. Ive have been a proud member since 1989. If you feel the need for the Angels to come to your area, Please contact Curtis Sliwa.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago