Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 03:25 PM

1,003 posts, read 2,429,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidex View Post
Why do you all your posts just scream of naivety? Any storm you get in Texas will be way worse than one in Chicago, for the most part.
really?
Well that makes me feel better

On our second date my husband and I got caught in a terrible storm while driving. Transformers blew out and a tree flew in front of us. We finally got to the freeway, he parked under there, and it was flooding fast. I remember screaming at him because he wouldn't pull in further and I kept watching this huge tree over our heads waiting for it to crash down on me. That was a crazy night and I was acting like a crazy bi*** because I was so scared out of my mind. He married me anyways so it’s all good.

If the storms in Chicago are comparable to the ones in Texas than I can handle it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2009, 07:35 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,372,455 times
Storms in Chicago, for the most part, are mild compared to Texas storms. Cmon, you live in the state that is home to horrific ice storms, brutal thunderstorms, destructive hurricanes, long draughts, wildfires, and I believe the most tornadoes. Chicago is a walk in the park compared to TX.

Old 04-05-2009, 07:40 PM

Well Ive only been exposed to thunderstorms and yes I thought they were bad but by the way i heard people describe storms in Illinois I thought they may be worse.

I haven't never experienced a huge hurricane or a tornado nor wildfires, droughts and especially not an ice storm.

Old 04-06-2009, 10:19 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,709,383 times
Weather varies in Chicago honestly I can't say the weather will be the same two days in a row, its just the way it is but you will get used too it.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:56 AM

26 posts, read 54,180 times
Don't worry, you'll be fine. Me and my siter were struck by lightning in washington DC, at a Radiohead concert. We had convulsive shakes for about an hour afterwards. I've been told that some lightning strike victims have a higher IQ after they have been struck. I think that we are smarter now. So don't worry.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:25 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,191,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyssaTx View Post
Well Ive only been exposed to thunderstorms and yes I thought they were bad but by the way i heard people describe storms in Illinois I thought they may be worse.

I haven't never experienced a huge hurricane or a tornado nor wildfires, droughts and especially not an ice storm.
Texas and the Midwest are pretty much in the same boat as far as thunderstorms. You can get some pretty wild ones a few times a year, but really except for the storms in August of 2007 and August of 2008, we haven't had anything to write home about in the 8 years I've lived here.

I felt like we got much better storms where I lived about 220 miles west of here.

If you were from California or New York City I would say it might be a bit of a change, but not Texas...

Old 04-08-2009, 07:26 PM

157 posts, read 363,284 times
If she is from Houston as her status says than the storms would be considerably worse and much, much more frequent. We are also known for CRAZY lightening storms, so she will be better off leaving if she really has a problem with it. Also, HURRICANES. Helllooo??? If she IS from Houston then she should have experienced Ike just this year. I just don't buy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
Texas and the Midwest are pretty much in the same boat as far as thunderstorms. You can get some pretty wild ones a few times a year, but really except for the storms in August of 2007 and August of 2008, we haven't had anything to write home about in the 8 years I've lived here.

I felt like we got much better storms where I lived about 220 miles west of here.

If you were from California or New York City I would say it might be a bit of a change, but not Texas...

Old 04-08-2009, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontcallmeshirley View Post
If she is from Houston as her status says than the storms would be considerably worse and much, much more frequent. We are also known for CRAZY lightening storms, so she will be better off leaving if she really has a problem with it. Also, HURRICANES. Helllooo??? If she IS from Houston then she should have experienced Ike just this year. I just don't buy it.
yeah hellloooo or maybe I was lying on a beach in Hawaii sipping my cocktail at the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago