U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-09-2009, 11:30 PM
 
Location: Houston
33 posts, read 96,385 times
Reputation: 20
Question Kiddie Works Daycare on east 87th street

Does anyone know any information about this daycare center? (know someone who sent their child there or sent your own child there)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-10-2009, 08:18 AM
 
Location: Chicago: Beverly, Woodlawn
1,967 posts, read 3,711,996 times
Reputation: 666
Don't hold your breath waiting for a useful answer on this one. Most of the posters here wouldn't go down 87th street if they had a tank. Sending their kids to daycare there is way too big a stretch for the imagination.

Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2009, 08:36 AM
 
10,491 posts, read 17,701,459 times
Reputation: 3436
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajolotl View Post
Don't hold your breath waiting for a useful answer on this one. Most of the posters here wouldn't go down 87th street if they had a tank. Sending their kids to daycare there is way too big a stretch for the imagination.

Good luck.
I don't think most of us are afraid of going down to 87th Street. It's just that most of us have no reason to go there. It's about 130 blocks for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2009, 08:45 AM
 
Location: Chicago: Beverly, Woodlawn
1,967 posts, read 3,711,996 times
Reputation: 666
I maintain that there is a strong thread of wildly exaggerated negative perceptions of the entire south side -- even for so-so neighborhoods like Calumet heights. A subset of more sophisticated posters who really know the city (yourself, Drover, Sukwoo etc.) have actually visited the south side and can put the neighborhoods in a more realistic context (without suguar-coating it either). I would still characterize that group as the exception, though.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
I don't think most of us are afraid of going down to 87th Street. It's just that most of us have no reason to go there. It's about 130 blocks for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2009, 08:52 AM
 
Location: Around Chicago
859 posts, read 1,870,526 times
Reputation: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by annmonee View Post
Does anyone know any information about this daycare center? (know someone who sent their child there or sent your own child there)
I know someone who sent their kid there a while ago. I'll give them a call and let you know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2009, 09:02 AM
 
Location: Chicago: Beverly, Woodlawn
1,967 posts, read 3,711,996 times
Reputation: 666
Well, I guess I'll shut up now

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeINIL View Post
I know someone who sent their kid there a while ago. I'll give them a call and let you know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2009, 09:05 AM
 
10,491 posts, read 17,701,459 times
Reputation: 3436
I wish Skye would post more... She offers some balance that is sorely needed. I don't always agree with her, but I'm coming from a different set of life experiences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2009, 09:06 AM
 
Location: Around Chicago
859 posts, read 1,870,526 times
Reputation: 299
No need for that, ajolotl. I don't completely disagree with you. I grew up in that area of the south side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2009, 09:11 AM
 
Location: Around Chicago
859 posts, read 1,870,526 times
Reputation: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
I wish Skye would post more... She offers some balance that is sorely needed. I don't always agree with her, but I'm coming from a different set of life experiences.
Heh. Thanks, LK. I wish I would post more, too. It gets frustrating to keep repeating the same things, so I usually spend most of my time on here lurking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2009, 09:13 AM
 
Location: Chicago, Illinois
3,014 posts, read 5,831,719 times
Reputation: 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeINIL View Post
No need for that, ajolotl. I don't completely disagree with you. I grew up in that area of the south side.
Ah, it all makes sense now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top