Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 02:25 PM

6,438 posts, read 6,913,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwaiter View Post
In general, women of dating age in Chicago have unreasonable expectations and check lists, IMO.
I guess my wife didn't, or she wouldn't have married me :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2013, 03:21 PM

2,918 posts, read 4,205,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy View Post
I like it. It makes my exploits as a young, carless, student debt-drowning 20-something self seem like something of a legend w/the ladies.
Ha. Same with me as a bespectacled overweight average-income dude in my 30's. We must have mad skills we weren't aware of, to have been able to date in a city where the women are apparently so impossible! Who knew?

If anything I find the odds to be significantly slanted in our favor as guys in this city. There seems to be more college-educated attractive single women than men.

Old 08-02-2013, 08:22 PM

2,474 posts, read 4,163,893 times
Certainly not all Chicago women in the dating pool are the same.

Old 08-02-2013, 10:14 PM

285 posts, read 385,806 times
There are so many women out there. At some point after multiple rejections, maybe you need to look at the type of women you're going after. Basically every single person I know is on some sort of dating site, and using it to great success. But I haven't been single in almost five years, so what do I know?

However, it would be easier to be an amoeba. That's where it's at.

Old 08-03-2013, 06:21 AM

3,421 posts, read 5,216,453 times
I noticed when I was in Chicago last month that there were more obese people about the city than I ever remembered. I don't ever remember seeing so many fat people, men and women, in the city. I mean morbidly obese. It was quite shocking. As I plan to moved back there, I have concerns about the dating scene and what my options will be as a single woman (dating has been horrible for me here in Atlanta).

After reading these posts and after seeing what I saw while there, I may have a leg up since I am not materialistic, I am slim and attractive lol. JK

Old 08-03-2013, 07:25 PM

6,438 posts, read 6,913,630 times
If I had any talent as a screenwriter I'd use this thread as the basis for a sequel to "About Last Night."

It's hilarious. Mostly unintentionally, but I'm sure some people see the humor.

Old 08-04-2013, 08:50 AM

73 posts, read 93,966 times
I live in Chicago and I have no problem talking to women. I only make about $34,000/year between two jobs and live in a studio apartment (I do have my own car because I work in the suburbs) and I have no issues talking to females. Hell I can even talk to women in the North Shore (if I find one who isn't either over 30 or under 18). Oh and did I forget to mention that I mainly talk to women who are not morbidly obese? A woman's size has nothing to do with her personality. Hell I have met some b*tchy fat women as well as b*tchy beautiful women. Maybe you guys just lack the confidence to speak to the hotties but don't worry, I was in that same position (and I am still working on increasing my confidence). Ever wonder how an ugly, broke guy ends up with a woman who seems "out of his league"? It's because he actually had the balls to say something to her in the first place. Now am I saying all beautiful women are nice, but you should give more of them a chance. I used to be like you guys as well. When I got rejected by a few attractive women, I basically wrote them all off because of a few beautiful women who were b*tchy as hell. But recently I got a job (one of my current two) that involves interacting with customers and the funny thing is almost all the attractive women I say hi to smile and say hi back. So I tried talking to this insanely attractive woman walking through my neighborhood and she actually responded well. I only didn't get her number because I froze up but that was my undoing. Oh well. My point is that don't be intimidated by beautiful women just because you has some bad experiances with a few. Not every woman is gonna like you.

Oh and I did try to ask out an overweight woman and she turned me down.....HMMMM!

Old 08-04-2013, 03:02 PM

2,918 posts, read 4,205,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by resident11 View Post
That is where the pitfall hits hard. Those same college educated attractive (especially like for instance, the cheerleader/athlete/Hooters waitress type) single women in Northern Illinois and in Chicagoland want only men who are at least twice to three times more educated than they are. Guys who are after that type of woman in Chicagoland will seriously need a mandatory driver's license, a 6+ figure income, and the capability of upper class luxury living, before any physically attractive woman will even think of asking him out. Without a driver's license, a 6+ figure annual income, and the capability of owning everything she wants, guys in Chicagoland have 2 choices; either settle for an overweight/obese woman, or look in another state/region/metro area.
You're doing something wrong.

Also, "Hooters waitress type" and "educated" don't tend to go together. It sounds like you might be looking for a trophy wife type rather than a regular attractive intelligent woman. Yes, you need to have money if you're going to go that route, whether in Chicagoland or elsewhere.

Last edited by ChiNaan; 08-04-2013 at 03:11 PM..

Old 08-04-2013, 04:29 PM

73 posts, read 93,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiNaan View Post
You're doing something wrong.

Also, "Hooters waitress type" and "educated" don't tend to go together. It sounds like you might be looking for a trophy wife type rather than a regular attractive intelligent woman. Yes, you need to have money if you're going to go that route, whether in Chicagoland or elsewhere.
True talk!!!

Old 08-05-2013, 10:59 AM

4,745 posts, read 5,568,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by resident11 View Post
The dating scene in Chicago (and surrounding areas) is very complicated and confusing. Depending on what kind of person you are looking for, you may be totally unlikely to find anyone at all.

From a man's prospective, I can tell you that Chicagoland women are heavily materialistic. When they look for a man, what the extreme vast majority of them, especially the physically attractive ones, look for is 6 and 7 figure incomes, luxury yachts on Lake Michigan, schoolhouse-sized mansions, either in gated communities, or on the lakefront, and they want more. They are known to heavily reject guys who wear glasses and/or contact lenses, guys who do not drive their own car, guys who have an Average Joe type of job, and too much to list.

There is, however, a small minority of women in the Chicagoland area who may fall for the average Joe, but unfortunately for those who like physical attraction, the only Chicagolanders likely to fall for the average Joe are the morbidly obese (upwards of 300 and 400 pounds) women. Although if you are an average Joe, there is a slight chance that you might get slightly luckier and end up with someone as light as possibly 225 pounds, but that (although possibly 210 pounds at the absolute bare minimum) is as lightweight as the average Joe seekers in Chicagoland come. Basically, it is guaranteed that Chicagoland women who seek an average Joe will have at minimum a significantly large/visible double chin, very little neck, and a medium to large size belly.
Sometimes I wonder if people actually get paid to troll. Chicago certainly isn't anything like a dating paradise but it's not THAT bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago