U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 03:10 PM

5 posts, read 5,521 times

Advertisements

I usually post on here under a different name but would prefer that I stay anonymous on this question.

Does anybody know of a place in the city (particularly on the Far North Side) that offers counseling and services for somebody with mild depression and excessive ADHD.

I am hoping to find someplace that would he able to see me fairly quickly.

Thank you guys for the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2009, 03:45 PM

308 posts, read 481,996 times
While I do not know any specific services, I can tell you that you can call the UIC In Touch Crisis Hotline. You can call there, talk to them, and they have a ton of very good and trustworthy referrals.

(312)-996-5535

Give them a call. They are open from 6 p.m. to about 11 p.m. every day. I used to volunteer there and they're very helpful.

Old 04-27-2009, 08:25 PM

1,003 posts, read 1,628,953 times
Take Wellbutrin like I do it has worked some what ok for me. Although I think it has stopped working. I have an appointment next week and I am going to try something else but its really frustrating having to try new medicines all the time but I dont plan on giving up. One of them will be effective.

Exercise is good for depression. Running really helps with mine.
Eat healthy too!

Good luck!

Old 04-27-2009, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyssaTx View Post
Take Wellbutrin like I do it has worked some what ok for me. Although I think it has stopped working. I have an appointment next week and I am going to try something else but its really frustrating having to try new medicines all the time but I dont plan on giving up. One of them will be effective.

Exercise is good for depression. Running really helps with mine.
Eat healthy too!

Good luck!
Myssa,

You're last two suggestions are really good advice, thank you.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:20 PM

2,481 posts, read 8,811,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SorryForTheNewName View Post
I usually post on here under a different name but would prefer that I stay anonymous on this question.

Does anybody know of a place in the city (particularly on the Far North Side) that offers counseling and services for somebody with mild depression and excessive ADHD.

Illinois Masonic Behavioral Health
C4
Evanston Northwestern

If you call any of them, ask for Behavioral Health. They can give you other referrals. They can also make sure that the diagnoses are appropriate. I'm assuming this is for an adult. I can provide others for kids.

Wait lists can be long, so call soon.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiegirl_98 View Post
Illinois Masonic Behavioral Health
C4
Evanston Northwestern

If you call any of them, ask for Behavioral Health. They can give you other referrals. They can also make sure that the diagnoses are appropriate. I'm assuming this is for an adult. I can provide others for kids.

Wait lists can be long, so call soon.
Yes, for an adult.

Thank you for the info.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:48 PM

95 posts, read 138,797 times
I have no advice, just wanted to lend support for what is a hard problem for you. (I used to work in the behavioral health field, but in a different part of the country.) Getting help is a big first step but then it'll get easier. There are so many people who go thru life feeling bad about themselves. Good for you for taking this seriously. There is help out there.

Good luck.

Old 04-27-2009, 11:01 PM

137 posts, read 280,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SorryForTheNewName View Post

Hang in there!

Old 04-28-2009, 12:11 AM

Everybody,

I really appreciate all the kind words.

Through the advice of a friend, I am going to schedule an appointment with my Universities counseling service.

Old 04-28-2009, 12:13 AM

15,589 posts, read 13,253,099 times
Good luck. Everything should be fine. Since you are willing to seek help you have a good chance to overcome your issues.
Remember you are not alone-many people have things going on such as yours and people are able to get to the place they need to be. You can too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago