Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 09:18 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,609,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
1)child, i'm not the one with my nose so far in the air i couldn't see the trees for the tops.

2)you made some stupid ass point, called drover out for nothing,

3)and then backtracked like a scared rabbit when you got put in your place...
1)You sure fooled me.

2)I did not call Drover out at all. He can defend himself anyway if I did. He does not need you and I do not either.

3)Oh I am here. I backtracked on what in specific? If anything, I backtracked from the odor emanating from your disease infested crotch. Go join your skank sisters in the Viagara Triangle and ramble on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2009, 09:45 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,176,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
Well if in the future you might possibly be an appointed choice for judge and your identity was revealed some statements could show certain bias and your appointment would be in jeopardy.

Do you know what I mean now?
No, I don't. So I'll continue to comment as I see fit. But thanks for your concern.

Old 04-30-2009, 02:48 PM

1,624 posts, read 3,291,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
This should have been a slam-dunk conviction. Either the DA is a complete retard or the judge is on the take.

Jefferson tap: Judge clears 3 Chicago police officers in 2006 fight at Jefferson tap -- chicagotribune.com

Maybe he did not feel suicidal enough today?

Would you like to be a guy who signes a conviction in a case involving Chicago police officers?

By the way, why wasn't this a jury trial in the first place?

Old 04-30-2009, 03:49 PM

5,479 posts, read 12,263,285 times
2 things I learned when growing up. Be VERY, VERY nice to the officer. If you are, you're in less trouble or he might give you a break. Also, don't talk sh*# to someone in a bar and avoid starting trouble. Never will forget when a friend of a friend, who thought he could take anybody, got into a fight at Hamilton's...he was tough and kicked some a**, but then a buddy of the guy he was fighting smashed a beer bottle over his head and he went down and then out for stitches. Lucky it was in the 80's and there was no gun-play.

Now, the officers over reacted. But why was the guy such a smart-a** and teasing him about crying?! BAD, BAD street smarts.........unless the guy was looking for a fight.

Old 04-30-2009, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dementor View Post
By the way, why wasn't this a jury trial in the first place?
Criminal defendants have the option of a bench trial. And now you know why they exercised it in this case. Given the CPD's reputation lately, I wouldn't want to face a jury of my fellow citizens these days.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Criminal defendants have the option of a bench trial. And now you know why they exercised it in this case. Given the CPD's reputation lately, I wouldn't want to face a jury of my fellow citizens these days.
Of course I do but realizing that even judges are scared of the department is really disconcerting. In the land "you know where" judges are more scared of the public and elections...

BTW. What about the internal complaint board? They should have a different standard of "proof" than a criminal court?
However you classify the act commited by those cops, either as battery, assault or just taking part in a bar brawl it is probably not in CPD's book of professional standards?

Last edited by dementor; 04-30-2009 at 10:11 PM..

Old 05-01-2009, 08:08 AM

2,686 posts, read 7,870,982 times
Default civil judgment

Doesn't this just become another OJ trial where the officers get a civil judgment against them? These guys should be in jail but at the very minimum should pay a fine to those they beat up.

Are these officers still employed after their acquittal?

I hope not.

Old 05-01-2009, 02:04 PM

They are not on the force right now but Jody Weiss has indicated he intends to put them back on the force ASAP. So they'll be back soon. As much as that pains me, it's probably the right thing to do because otherwise they'd certainly file a grievance through the union and they'd stand a good chance of winning. So no sense wasting the resources to fight it.

Old 05-01-2009, 11:27 PM

Quote:
They are not on the force right now but Jody Weiss has indicated he intends to put them back on the force ASAP. So they'll be back soon. As much as that pains me, it's probably the right thing to do because otherwise they'd certainly file a grievance through the union and they'd stand a good chance of winning. So no sense wasting the resources to fight it.
That's strange. I would think that there would be an internal investigation during which they would be put on desk duty. I hope that the department here realizes that guys like these are a "walking liability", especially that since I understand there is a pending federal case against them. Unfortunately even with Weiss in charge, the department still acts "the Chicago way" - like it does not have to answer to anyone, like a "good old boys club". Chicago needs a commish like Bratton (NYPD, LAPD) - before you clean the streets you have to clean the department. There is no shortcut.

Last edited by dementor; 05-01-2009 at 11:40 PM..

Old 05-02-2009, 01:26 AM

15,586 posts, read 27,609,770 times
Oh shut up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago