Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 10:07 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,780,988 times

Advertisements

Yes, Avengerfire is right. You'll be paying to park in a two-car garage off of an alley in Wicker Park/Bucktown. My garage spot was directly behind the three-flat I was living in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2009, 02:17 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,152,881 times
If you live on a zoned block in Bucktown/Wicker Park, street parking is a lot less of a hassle. But it can still be a hassle.

Old 05-02-2009, 03:26 AM

393 posts, read 1,217,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephei2000 View Post
I live in Oak Park, and I am single female. I do not see the big deal about Wicker Park. There is a ton of single people, but it is not like you go up and talk to people especially if you are by yourself. I live in Oak Park and hang out in city. You do not meet people because everyone is clustered in there groups and clicky. I do not get this whole single in the city thing. It is not that serious.
Excellent point. Figures I have seen indicate that people meet their future spouses in the following places: 20% work, 20% school, 20% through friends, 20% internet, 18% church and 2% in bars and the like. One assumes that meeting new friends happens at about the same proportions but without the internet.

Old 05-02-2009, 10:50 AM

220 posts, read 991,293 times
I think lincoln park looks good too, mostly because I will do my grocery shopping at Trader Joes. Online I was also able to find parking garages in Lincoln Park. I can't do street parking bc when I am out of town, there will be nobody to move my car.

How would you get from lincoln park to bucktown, and how bad would the traffic be from lincoln park to midway?

Old 05-02-2009, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasycheeseburgers View Post
I think lincoln park looks good too, mostly because I will do my grocery shopping at Trader Joes. Online I was also able to find parking garages in Lincoln Park. I can't do street parking bc when I am out of town, there will be nobody to move my car.

How would you get from lincoln park to bucktown, and how bad would the traffic be from lincoln park to midway?
Hah! If that's your criteria, you should just map all of the Trader Joe's stores in the metro area and pick the location that best suits you. I don't think there's a Trader Joe's in a questionable neighborhood ANYWHERE in Chicagoland.

You may like North Center, near the Lincoln Avenue Trader Joes... Lot's of parking, very safe, and convenient to the expressway (sort of).

Old 05-02-2009, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasycheeseburgers View Post

Why would you need to get from Lincoln Park to Bucktown again? I used to drive or take the North Avenue bus when I lived in the LP. It's actually pretty convenient to the Expressway, but you're so close to the Loop that traffic congestion is an issue.

Old 05-02-2009, 06:31 PM

220 posts, read 991,293 times
I want to be by Bucktown/Wickerpark to get my drink on; Trader Joes to get my eat on, and secured parking to get my park on.

Old 05-02-2009, 06:53 PM

Lincoln Park has no shortage of places to "get your drink on", believe me. They are just slightly more fratboyish than Wicker Park (though the gap is rapidly closing).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago