Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 10:44 AM

4 posts, read 10,314 times

Advertisements

Quick question, how long does it usually take the city to process your firearm registration cards? It's for shotguns, no semi-autos, all legit. I've been waiting a month so far.

Old 05-04-2009, 05:22 PM

393 posts, read 1,217,549 times
Isn't it the State that handles FOICs?

Old 05-04-2009, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intergalactic View Post
Isn't it the State that handles FOICs?
FOID, yes. But here in Chicago your supposed to register EVERY firearm if you live within the city limits and that gets handled by the Chicago Police. This is different from the FOID.

Personally I think it's somewhat ridiculous when I already have a FOID and weapons training from the military, but I guess I have to play their game for now. Until I'm ready to move I'll just deal with it. It's not worth getting fined or having my weapons confiscated in the event of a random traffic stop.

Old 05-04-2009, 08:24 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,751,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC268 View Post

Personally I think it's somewhat ridiculous when I already have....... weapons training from the military,
Like Oswald and Whitman?

Old 05-04-2009, 08:24 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,184,331 times
It takes a month or so. Why have the weapon in a car?

Semi-automatic shotguns (which are more accurately called 'autoloaders') are ok. Remember, however: Shotguns and rifles must be registered 30 days prior to when they are brought into the city. Figure that one out!

Old 05-05-2009, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
Why have the weapon in a car?
Transport to the range and that's it. As for the autoloaders, I was under the impression that they are banned in the city since they're considered semi-auto. I was interested in a Mossberg 930 but didn't get it for that reason.

And before any other stupid comments come out (like irishtom), this for sporting purposes. I'm not scared to death in my own home nor do I have any malicious intent. I enjoy shooting and that's it.

Last edited by USMC268; 05-05-2009 at 12:35 AM..

Old 05-05-2009, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
Like Oswald and Whitman?
Initially I wasn't going to respond to your non-sense, but you can thank me for your freedom later. I just want to point out that ignorant people like you are the reason our country is in the $hitter. You, my friend are a true coward, along with anyone that supports your ignorant post. I'm law abiding and support the police. I ask a question and "Joe the Wise-A$$ Irishman" can't contribute anything but ignorance.

I'm highly offended that you would even reference a veteran in comparison to someone that assasinated previous commander-in-chiefs. Had you ever served, you'd know they're called "The Honorable Mr. President". You should be ashamed of yourself for such a lame attempt at getting attention! Grow some balls, pick up a rifle, and contribute to preserving your way of life. Until then, continue to hide under your blanket (or computer) and let the real men handle it.

Old 05-05-2009, 04:46 AM

445 posts, read 1,344,294 times
Quote:

I'm highly offended that you would even reference a veteran in comparison to someone that assasinated previous commander-in-chiefs

I have never, ever known ignorance that runs deeper or purer than that of the strident anti-gun rights types. It's spectacularly mindless and dumb, yet because there are enough of them (especially in a city like Chicago where "blue collar guys" and their practical, grounded sense of reality have been largely replaced by flighty, urbane Nancies who believe we all need to be governed as closely as possible), they're able to find a circle of "support" for their hilariously uninformed and illogical mindset and couch it all in the high-minded philosophies of a completely detached idealist.

Hope! Change! Hope Hope Hope! Change Hope Change Change Hope Change!

Old 05-05-2009, 06:33 AM

2,143 posts, read 8,031,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
It takes a month or so. Why have the weapon in a car?
Why not?

Old 05-05-2009, 07:48 AM

10,261 posts, read 21,751,326 times
Quote:
Initially I wasn't going to respond to your non-sense, but you can thank me for your freedom later.......... blah, blah, blah........... Until then, continue to hide under your blanket (or computer) and let the real men handle it.

I don't have you to thank for my freedom. The last time American soldiers fought for the freedom of American citizens was WWII, since then American soldiers have fought to advance various American interests, some of them quite useful and needed. Thank you for furthering American foreign policy.

In any event the point went right over your head; you implied that your training in weapons made you someone worthy of owning them in Chicago but because of Oswald and Whitman it's obvious that reasoning doesn't hold water.

So settle down and think about what I said instead of going off half-cocked and playing the offended part. If as a soldier you want to be offended it's Oswald and Whitman that should offend you not me.

Of course we have the irony here of you claiming that I owe you for my freedom while at the same time you hurl schoolyard insults at me for exercising it.

Last edited by Irishtom29; 05-05-2009 at 08:28 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago