Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 12:53 PM

9 posts, read 15,174 times

Advertisements

Wow nice post dude It helps a lot and make me feel totally confident about this project now You seem so well "in it" that may be you can tell me is except Craigslist there is a good way to find a place on the web for these places? I mean, I can find my way of course on the web but I also know that each city has its local best-knowm secret lol! Anyway, thank you so much again

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYrules View Post
Chicago and it's burbs for the most part are very accepting of gay folks with some exceptions on the south side in the "breeder" parts I would steer clear of areas like the Bridgeport as drunken sox fans don't take too kindly ta YER type if you catch my drift. Lakeview and Lincoln Park on the northside though are VERY gay friendly and Lakeview is home to boystown. Andersonville is known to be... sorry here (Dyke central) Heck I watched the Logo special on Chicago as I was flipping through the channels one day and saw Chicago on there so I stopped and wanted to hear what they had to say. Thats how I found out about Andersonville being more home to lesbians and the bois live over in Lakeview I guess??? Many northern burbs are very liberal and gay accepting as well. Heck Old Orchard Mall is also loaded with gay folks or lets just say guys that are rather friendly with eachother.

Now, on the city's west side is a burb called "Oak Park" that for whatever reason has also been becoming more and more gay, don't ask me why, but the gays love it. I guess because it's a very artsy type of town with plenty of creativity and classy homes. Chicago's downtown area is also very gay friendly. Heck last time I was on Michigan Ave I could not believe how many, lets just say "metro guys" there were. I have to say Metro because I don't know for sure if they were gay or not, can't really tell these days. Other areas I have been seeing a lot of gays is out in Aurora for some reason. The Premium Outlets outlet mall on Farnsworth is loaded with them for some reason and I'm just joking around here, but it even has an Armani Exchange outlet oh and Guess. Should tell you whats up out there. Anyhow as long as you stay out of the total family oriented parts of town and stay in the yuppy type areas like Gold Coast, Lincoln Park, Bucktown, Andersonville, Lakeview, Streeterville, and maybe River North I think you will find Chicago to suit your needs and wants rather nicely when it comes to comfort or living and even working. The weather is very similar to NY's (very much affected by being so close to a large body of water so if you can handle NY you can handle here)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2009, 01:27 PM

1,464 posts, read 5,510,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchyguy View Post
Wow nice post dude It helps a lot and make me feel totally confident about this project now You seem so well "in it" that may be you can tell me is except Craigslist there is a good way to find a place on the web for these places? I mean, I can find my way of course on the web but I also know that each city has its local best-knowm secret lol! Anyway, thank you so much again
Yup, anytime. Have fun here. I think you will be fine. Check out perhaps roomates.com or prideroomates.com I think its called if you need a roomie, or simply look in the Chicagotribune.com or Chicagosuntimes.com and check out the classified sections. They will be broken down by neighborhood so check out in the neighborhoods I mentioned. Lakeview and Lincoln Park especially since you're gay and it doesn't get more classy and accepting than LP and Lakeview pretty much.

Old 05-19-2009, 01:35 PM

5,525 posts, read 13,950,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigslick1 View Post
i live in NYC and i don't understand why in the world you would want to leave NYC for Chicago. you might get stabbed, shot, rapped or mugged. wow Chicago reminds me of NYC in the 80's. I lived through those times and trust me it's not pretty. I would never live in Chicago, I would however buy investment properties and watch my tenants get stabbed, shot rapped or mugged. hey I am buying a condo in Lakeview any interested renters? We can travel there from NYC together and i can show you the property while I close the deal with he broker. 1400 a month 1 bd rm. heat and water included, no ac, credit and references will be checked.
I'm not sure I understand your fear of rapping. I mean, sure I don't particularly care for the genre, but if you don't like it, don't listen to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago