U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 02-09-2009, 07:42 PM

15,589 posts, read 11,658,349 times
Flournoy and Western? There is no way I would recommend a newcomer to Chicago to live there. Unless you are going to drive to work (and have a garage) and never be out in the dark then it might work. I would not wait for a bus around there.

Racine and Taylor is much better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 03-03-2009, 04:26 PM

1 posts, read 3,165 times
The management and presidential towers are rude and unresponsive. I moved here a year ago, and I will be moving out next month when my lease ends.

I had to press for three weeks to get them to repair my leaking ceiling above my bathtub, which they say was only water collecting from my shower and dripping back down. I told them that the ceiling leaked even when the shower hadn't been turned on for 24hrs, but they didn't believe me. Eventually they found a hole in the pipes above the ceiling. Throughout all of this, the management staff was shocklingly rude.

They go on about their customer service, but I have not found any success with any interaction that I have had with the staff, especially at the management office. The front desk staff are alright.

I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

Unread 03-03-2009, 09:47 PM

5 posts, read 10,939 times
I had a 3 month sublease on a studio there when I first moved to Chicago. The place it okay for a short stay. BUT, I don't think its worth the money. Plus, everything around it closes pretty early.

Unread 03-04-2009, 09:08 AM

12,397 posts, read 12,613,183 times
overpriced for what u get spacewise in the area... there are other condos...

also there is quite a bit of section 8 housing that live there, if that kind of thing bothers you.

definitely know about the indian IT type works, will be 4-5 of them living in a studio and can smell the stench and curry going through the building... this happens to a bunch of the condos around downtown though.

Unread 03-04-2009, 02:11 PM

188 posts, read 324,371 times
For what it's worth:

Despite the poor reviews about management, I decided to book a showing at this place anyway. The appointment was for 12:00, and I had planned all my other showings that day under the assumption that it should not take longer than an hour and a half for a showing.

Well... despite the leasing office calling to confirm the appointment twice, they STILL could not manage to get me in on time. I wait two and a half hours after my appointment time to see an apartment. I was only mildly impressed, and missed two other showings that day as a result of it. I should have just turned and walked right out, but they kept insisting it would be 'any minute now...'

The result: Although I have not actually lived in this apartment, I can tell you, they are unresponsive, disorganized, and overburdened. We weren't the only ones waiting that day.

Unread 04-16-2009, 12:09 PM

2 posts, read 5,990 times
Default questions

Took a tour yesterday, they showed me parking elevators and said you can use them to go to parking garrage. One of my firiend told me that access is resticted ? any ideas ?

Unread 04-16-2009, 04:23 PM

1,812 posts, read 2,488,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk2009 View Post
Took a tour yesterday, they showed me parking elevators and said you can use them to go to parking garrage. One of my firiend told me that access is resticted ? any ideas ?
huh

Your friend told you the parking garage is restricted?

Unread 04-16-2009, 05:31 PM

884 posts, read 1,128,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk2009 View Post
OK ... Thought this was earlier in the post but :

1.) The garage attached to PT is a PUBLIC garage run by Standard Parking. PUBLIC doesn't mean 'free' .. Residents of PT get a break on the monthly rate ( but so do some nearby businesses) .
2.) If you move into PT you arrange your parking by a visit to the garage office. you will be billed separately every month .

Any more questions ?? Not sure what you mean by restricted access ( unless that means if you don't pay, you don't park ...)

Unread 04-17-2009, 09:16 AM

2 posts, read 5,990 times
The parking garage has a fees of $215/month, but there is an elevator which takes you to garage, does this elevator has restricted access. There is way through security checkpoint, which i guess anyone can use but i am talking about the convenience elevator (sorry for confusion).

Unread 04-17-2009, 12:27 PM

884 posts, read 1,128,323 times
There are two elevators at the garage entrance at the end of the bridge .. the access to the garage thru the bridge is by the security checkpoint but can be used by residents and non-residents .. There might be another elevator attached to tower 3 or tower 4, but this ( and other emergency stairways and such ) are restricted or if non-emergency , locked. ..Any access from the garage directly to the residences would be secured and not for public or residents use .. Check w/ PT management or the security desk ..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago