U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 07:45 PM

3,108 posts, read 4,811,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noid_1985 View Post
I'm glad I'm from Chicago......so what's your point? I don't think people are just mad that the sales tax is the highest in the country- they are also make that CTA fares are going up, gas prices in Chicago are some of the highest in the country, local politicians are crooks, parking cost downtown an arm and a leg, Chicago public schools suck, etc etc.... the list keeps getting longer my friend. I'm sure people in Chicago wouldn't be so upset if things were actually being done with their tax dollars instead of jagging the money off. If Chicago wants to continue to be an Alpha city it better get its act together
True. That is why I rarely park in downtown, the metra is a better option.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2009, 09:05 PM

15,589 posts, read 12,519,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post

...BTW- I never thought I'd say this, but I miss Dementor

Old 06-05-2009, 11:27 PM

2,778 posts, read 5,328,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
^^You have a nemesis? Sounds exciting. I merely have "people I don't like".
I have a nemesis!

He actually committed suicide, so I suppose I "had" a nemesis. But I really did. We fought for the same clients, we plotted against one another...

Of course I am Coldwine, so you're really living life from my perspective. Therefore I am the good guy, and he was the nemesis, but you see where I'm going with this.

Old 06-05-2009, 11:29 PM

10,414 posts, read 17,563,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
He actually committed suicide...
SURE he did...

Old 06-05-2009, 11:32 PM

2,778 posts, read 5,328,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
SURE he did...
I think if I were to kill someone, and lord knows I've been tempted (and so many people just have it coming), I'd just go for the direct route and do something public.

He had some sort of elaborate situation going on, what with poison and bleeding and hanging... I don't have that kind of time.

BAM. It was Coldwine in the Street with a Candlestick to the head.

Old 06-05-2009, 11:38 PM

10,414 posts, read 17,563,488 times
Was your nemesis named Warmbeer?

That was lame. I need to go to bed.

Old 06-05-2009, 11:50 PM

^ No perhaps you need to go bust out your radar gun and track the speed of crotch-rocket operators. ^

Old 06-07-2009, 12:21 PM

2,060 posts, read 3,547,229 times
To the OP, you clearly don't get it. It's not the amount of taxes that is so infuriating, it's that we don't need it!!! The one and only reason for these tax increases is to maintain the corruption and patronage jobs in the city, Cook County, and the state. That's why this is so outrageous.

Old 06-07-2009, 12:32 PM

9,258 posts, read 11,359,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiestate View Post
To the OP, you clearly don't get it. It's not the amount of taxes that is so infuriating, it's that we don't need it!!! The one and only reason for these tax increases is to maintain the corruption and patronage jobs in the city, Cook County, and the state. That's why this is so outrageous.

Government jobs should be filled by patronage. It's democratic and expresses the will of the people. Civil Service and so called "merit" policies benefit a certain professional governing class at the expense of democratic will.

Now that doesn't mean I'm defending jobs that are unneeded nor am I defending theft. But jobs as a reward for political services make sense to me.

Old 06-07-2009, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernerdgirl View Post
This.

It makes Chicagoans sound like a bunch of whiners, really. what did everyone do before the internet came around to broadcast whining to the world? I can't remember...

Speaking of whiners. I could not resist :

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernerdgirl View Post
I realize that driving through my neighborhood, clogging up our roads, and trying to run me over on Hollywood is the most convenient way for you to get on the Edens from LSD so you can just go sit on that ugly mess of a road for another hour, but i've just about had it with the horn honking. One day I will track you all down and cut all of the wires that are connected to your horns. Sirens blaring and the L going by are not as obnoxious as you laying on your horn just because someone isn't moving up two inches at the red light as quickly as you would like them to.

no love,
me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago