Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 04:51 PM

968 posts, read 2,664,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
It's because you said it about everyone who has a fast motorcycle, notwithstanding your subsequent backpedaling. Not to mention that stupid bit of pop psychology is worn really, really thin.
Yeah, and she left out the part about Corvettes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2009, 05:38 PM

1,817 posts, read 4,924,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Costa Rica Chica View Post
Just surprised how the guys on this thread jump to the defense because I made a crack about small penises. I have seen the "crew" on city-data be pretty critical and damning of this sort of behavior, yet one "small penis" comment about guys who drive like maniacs and they are up in arms. Just saying.
I didnt even notice your 'small penis' comment as it was not in the post I commented on.

Old 06-09-2009, 09:16 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
I didn't either--until my brother got one of those things while he was in the military. My parents begged for him to sell it. He finallly did before any serious accident. Now he's just contemplating fighting for money. I don't know how we're related.
This has been going on since I first moved there 20 years ago.
The cops occasionally arrest one and the ticket makes the papers 130mph etc etc. but more often they just die in a crash.

The cops also know they can't really catch those guys since they can exit anywhere and weave through stopped traffic etc. plus there is always a new crop of idiots on their first bike so the supply is unending.

Guy I went to Highschool with joined the navy, bought a sport bike...drove into the back of a parked truck while racing it within a few months and that was it for him.

I think the Marine corp lost more guys to motorcycles last summer than they did to enemy forces in Iraq\afghanistan.

Old 06-09-2009, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoylekim View Post
Yeah, and she left out the part about Corvettes
I have one of those and it goes quite fast...but no way in HELL I'd go triple digits down LSD unless it were closed down to traffic. WAY too many people out there texting, drunk, high....cab drivers...the occasional pedestrian....I've seen way to much on LSD to do much more than drive defensively on it.

Now if you are out on I-88 west and there are no other cars on the road and want to got 120mph then fine, that's not that risky and certainly is not a risk to others.

Old 06-09-2009, 09:30 AM

725 posts, read 1,848,875 times
Give me a Harley on an open country road any day. One of the best feelings in the world. Crotch-rocket, Yamaha Ninja thingy which looks like it's on steroids itself being driven by helmetless guy doing 150 on LSD while weaving through cars with a bimbette on the back screams testosterone overload. This is just my humble opinion, though.

(Unless it's painted pink.)

Old 06-09-2009, 09:37 AM

3,631 posts, read 10,231,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Now if you are out on I-88 west and there are no other cars on the road and want to got 120mph then fine, that's not that risky and certainly is not a risk to others.
Nah, just stupid.

Old 06-09-2009, 11:09 AM

569 posts, read 1,819,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Costa Rica Chica View Post
Give me a Harley on an open country road any day. One of the best feelings in the world. Crotch-rocket, Yamaha Ninja thingy which look s like it's on steroids itself being drivenby helmetless guy doing 150 on LSD while weaving through cars with a bimbette on the back screams testosterone overload. This is just my humble opinion, though.

(Unless it's painted pink.)
You can ride a crotch rocket and get that same feeling you speak about. You come off as one of those Harley or Honda Goldwing elitists. Isn't the fact of riding itself the relgious experience?

Old 06-09-2009, 12:18 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkylittleton View Post
You can ride a crotch rocket and get that same feeling you speak about. You come off as one of those Harley or Honda Goldwing elitists. Isn't the fact of riding itself the relgious experience?
Evidently not or every rider would be satisified with a Honda Rebel or a Ninja 250.

Old 06-09-2009, 12:23 PM

725 posts, read 1,848,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkylittleton View Post
Lol, I think of it the other way around - a Harley is gritty, loud, big, unrefined - not at all "elitist." These Japanese, sleek, flashy, colorful "crotch rockets" seem more along the show-offy type to me. Just saying.

Old 06-09-2009, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernerdgirl View Post
Nah, just stupid.
<shrug> It's not every day I get called stupid.

Maybe as you gather a little life experience you will lighten up a bit.

Everything in life is a risk, a fact I'm acutely aware of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago