U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 11:37 AM

16 posts, read 22,323 times
I have always been a customer of Passaglia's West Loop Auto Body.
They are a bit expensive and they do excellent top notch work.
Another reason i love them is they do give you a limited or lifetime written warranty agreement depending on the work that is performed.
Ask for their Lifetime Written Warranty work on Painting, Strips and Decals.
Good Luck

Last edited by archview; 06-09-2009 at 12:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2009, 01:49 PM

18 posts, read 30,038 times
Gold Coast Auto Body is by far THE BEST!!!!! Total professionals, work with all of the insurance company and their work is pristine. They are on Division...check em' out!

Old 11-15-2010, 07:29 AM

16 posts, read 47,977 times
Maaco is supposedly the cheapest ($300-800) whereas others run you a full car of paint around $1800/3000. There are two Maacos I know of in the city - one on 8300 block of South Chicago Ave and one near Midway.

Old 11-15-2010, 10:14 AM

67 posts, read 101,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mufincutter View Post
Maaco is supposedly the cheapest ($300-800) whereas others run you a full car of paint around $1800/3000. There are two Maacos I know of in the city - one on 8300 block of South Chicago Ave and one near Midway.
I would never use Maaco except for interior work. You'll be getting rust bubbles in a few month with them. Automotive body work is only as good as the prepping.

I have a VW Jetta, and I've body work done at Oasis Auto Body in Skokie and Precision Paint in Countryside (right off I55 near LaGrange Rd). Precision will have your car looking flawless.

Old 11-15-2010, 09:10 PM

288 posts, read 398,549 times
I have an Evo. I was rear ended on the Skyway and I had my work done at Gold Coast Auto Body. It's on Division W of Clyborn. I am sure they are pricey, but mine was an insurance job. The thing that struck me was the place was full of German cars, many of which cost 3-4 times my car. They appeared to be the shop of choice for the Gold Coast car dealers. If they can consistently please the people who drive those cars then I knew they could fix my car.

Old 11-24-2010, 09:42 PM

1 posts, read 533 times
Smile Certified Vw body shop

According to my dealer (Citi Vw on Irving Park Rd.)Richards Body Shop is the only certified vw body shop in Chicago. They are located at 3041 W . Lawrence Chicago Illinois 60625 and their phone number is 773-588-3301. I had my 2010 vw fixed there and I was happy. I was instructed to keep my warrany intact and insure that original parts were used that this was the place to go. I can't tell you how relieved I was because I had worried about the repairs because the entire front was caved in. If you want your vw fixed to the the way it was before your accident, go there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago