U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 09:51 AM

1,912 posts, read 3,395,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carantini View Post
can I get a mother..fu..cking rep
maybe if you used a paragraph break or two. TL;DR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2009, 01:08 PM

264 posts, read 464,074 times
I give the BEST advice here. I advise for the 90% of the city that isnt tranasplant out of towner suburban scared of brown ppl. percent of the city, 90%. What makes you think this guy would prefer one neighbrohood over another, its preference. You would give terrible advice to me and my family and friends and around, again 90% of the people that actually live here, born and raised, and with no intention of moving to your transplant areas. You think an arab on kedzie would prefer kedzie which is bustling with ppl of all races and more arabs and stores etc. or southport which is 100% white transplant sububan out of town small towner types?? duh! how can you not make that out for yourself too? why cant you figure that out?
your closed mindedness does not belong in 90% of chicago.

Old 06-12-2009, 04:38 PM

35,926 posts, read 55,240,618 times
Quote:
I give the BEST advice here. I advise for the 90% of the city that isnt tranasplant out of towner suburban scared of brown ppl. percent of the city, 90%. What makes you think this guy would prefer one neighbrohood over another, its preference. You would give terrible advice to me and my family and friends and around, again 90% of the people that actually live here, born and raised, and with no intention of moving to your transplant areas. You think an arab on kedzie would prefer kedzie which is bustling with ppl of all races and more arabs and stores etc. or southport which is 100% white transplant sububan out of town small towner types?? duh! how can you not make that out for yourself too? why cant you figure that out?
A line-by-line refutation of this twaddle would take up more time than it's worth, so I'll just toss a dismissive "shaddap" your way instead.

Old 06-12-2009, 05:17 PM

10,329 posts, read 17,466,217 times
Quote:
I never said that there was anything wrong with the arabs in Albany Park or the Mexicans in Little Village. YOU are the one who dismissed all but two of the Brown Line stops, so perhaps YOU are the one who's "closed mindedness" doesn't belong in Chicago.

Old 06-12-2009, 07:01 PM

Chicago is the best city in the US for everyone in the world.

Old 06-13-2009, 08:34 AM

186 posts, read 393,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PulSamsara View Post
Get away from downtown for a day... get on the brown line train and check out some of the neighborhoods along that route ... very nice - you will like
Come see Lincoln Square (not to be confused with the ever popular Lincoln Park neighborhood) - stroll up and down Lincoln Ave.

Edgewater's nice too - up north (crowded though)

Check out Montrose Park (along lake - Addison to Foster approx)

Check out the parks along the river... Ravenswood Manor/Ravenswood Garden neighborhoods.

Lots to do and see... love Chicago... 6 year transplant and I'm not leaving !
Thank You. I'm looking forward to seeing these seeing as I have a love for Detroit's many historic district.

Old 06-14-2009, 06:38 AM

183 posts, read 565,110 times
Quote:
Chicago is the best city in the US for everyone in the world.
Too little, too late

Old 06-14-2009, 02:20 PM

1,749 posts, read 1,614,211 times
Quote:
ugh! the only brown lines stops worth getting off on are the kimball one and the one in the arab area right before it, oh and the downtown ones. I say ride the el around downtown, on the last car of the train, looking out the back door, now that is a tour!
if u go to neighborhoods, well, depends what kind of person u are. your interests, whats your background. if your mexican youd probably love little village, for example. you might love it anyway. its the second densest and most populated mexican area in the world outside of East L.A. and mexico. the same applies to african american neighborhoods, chicago has the largest middle class african american neighborhood in the US, and obviously the world since i said africanAMERICAN. theres also the largest Palestinian population. Also the largest Polish population outside Warsaw, certain streets and neighborhoods you would think you are in Poland and cant read anything if you dont read Polish. Theres a large population of Chinese, with their own strong bustling Chinatown, therers an all Viatnamese area on the other sie of the city from the Chinese area. Theres Wrigleyville, where the frat boys hold their presense strong. Theres gangbanging present in most of the city, with gangbangers throwing gang signs out car windows on intersections ready to shoot or get shot at. Finally, theres the Loop. The biggest central business district outside of midtown manhattan. The place that holds the entire US alongside LA and NYC as a pillar, as a base. The best minds are here. Hardest sharpest workers. The loop is flooded with ppl from 9 to 5, from all over the city, suburbs, and everywhere else on earth. Theres 2 ihuge nternational airports, both full beyond capacity. theres the elevated train, one of the most fascinating aspects of chicagos everyday life. It cuts through highways right down the middle, the first in thw world to do so. The bus system is also packed like the train, 9 am and 5 pm, you will be lucky if you can even get on a bus or train going into the loop, youll have to wait for 2 or 3 to pass by till you see a 5 foot space to get on. Theres the worst weather on earth, just letting us know we can survive anything, we couldve invaded moscow like napoleon tried but he failed cause it was too cold for his army, we couldve invaded. the lake is an ocean, the skyscrapers are skyBREAKERS, 50 of our very very tavelled streets often open up into the sky right down the middle like an action movie cause theyre bridges over water. the bean is the trippiest thing on eath. the bukingham fountain is where you must take your mom. probably the nicest fountain youd ever see in your life unless your a wierd world fountain hunter or something. the architecture, hahaha, thats all I gotta say.

and since ur from detroit, u might like cars, youll see lambos, ferraris, and bentleys everyday. driving fast and loud too.

can I get a mother..fu..cking rep
FYI, There is not much truth to most of this post...

Old 06-14-2009, 05:28 PM

its all tru

Old 06-15-2009, 08:45 PM

1,097 posts, read 1,653,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrewsbury Road View Post
I've heard so many wondeful things about Chicago and I want to know some specific things about Chicago to search for during my visit. First, whats downtown Chicago like, and the waterfront. Second, what are the neighborhoods like, are they safe and do they have good architecture. Lastly, how are the schools and shopping, I also want to know anything else you can tell me. All posts are appreciated, Shrewsbury Road
I hate shopping, really I only visit the malls here in Metro Detroit only during Christmas Time. But in Chicago, I'm just attracted to Michigan Avenue. The feeling of walking the streets being in cool buildings that are malls is just much more fun then walking from a parking lot to spend some time in a cookie cutter mall.

I really can't comment on the waterfront since the times I have been to Chicago are usually during the winter and I went once in the Fall.

I enjoyed walking around Wicker Park, Bucktown, Edgewater, Lincoln park, Wrigglyville when I visited.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago