Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 07:38 PM
HCC HCC started this thread

88 posts, read 290,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
Foppish. That's great Drover.

A foppish popinjay.
It is so sad that you guys can't make a decent case for Chicago, pro/against. Only negative personal attacks. Typical Chicagoan, can't formulate an argument to save his soul. And which big ten did you go to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2009, 07:41 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCC View Post
So much for apathy...
Youre still here?

Funny how youre in NY but still cant find your way off of the Chicago boards.

Let us go, man, let us go.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:43 PM

Quote:
It is so sad that you guys can't make a decent case for Chicago, pro/against. Only negative personal attacks. Typical Chicagoan, can't formulate an argument to save his soul. And which big ten did you go to?
Whats up Dementor? Cant formulate an argument yourself so youre also resorting to personal attacks. Typical New Yorkers. Which community college did you go to?

Old 06-10-2009, 07:45 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,658,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Whats up Dementor? Cant formulate an argument yourself so youre also resorting to personal attacks. Typical New Yorkers. Which community college did you go to?
That's unfair to community college students.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
That's unfair to community college students.
Im one myself. No harm meant. I just figured if Dementor/HCC/whatever wanted to insult Big Ten graduates, Id bring up his ghetto NYC community college background.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Im one myself. No harm meant. I just figured if Dementor/HCC/whatever wanted to insult Big Ten graduates, Id bring up his ghetto NYC community college background.
Now I understand the resentment and anger.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:05 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,182,626 times
Quote:
THIS...is why you're dementor. It's always the follow up sentence. The part where you say something rational and people are listening, then the quick slap in the face and the running back into the bushes.

We're all perfectly aware of what you're doing here, and the reason people are upset is because you sit there smug thinking you're actually "playing with people". God forbid we actually have an adult conversation.

Lets see from the posts here tonight....<puts glasses on>

"typical Chicagoan"

"And that , my friends, is what I mean by angry people in Chicago, moving on..."

"Had plenty of gay friends, boring/juvenile art happenings in Wicker Park/Bucktown-don't try to compare those to Williamsburg please."

"Yes, but I can only imagine what mediocre hole you came from. By comparison, I'm sure Chicago is swell."

"I know it is a very sensitive subject because of the deep inferiority complex that Chicagoans have about their city."

"Why the anger Lakshore? Obviously I touched a nerve. An angry, inferior, bitter Chicago nerve..."

"I don't see this in other cities where people can discuss things civilly and formulate opinions rather than resort to personal attacks because they can't do much else. Kinda sad, but reminds me why I left."

You pepper everything with your jolly little jags and passive agressiveness to the point that of course someone is going to respond.

Then you stand back clutching your pearls with your mouth aghast trying to figure out why people are being so brutish!!??

Oh dear!

Anyway, I punked out on margaritas and had a vodka instead to save it for tomorrow......what fun reading.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:07 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,743,416 times
Quote:

I didn't go to a Big Ten school, I was a boilermaker. The kind of person you evidently never got to know in Chicago.

Not interested in arguing with you, for you I feel contempt and defiance. I handled some pretty hard nosed fellas, reckon I could handle a vain coxcomb like you were I so inclined.

Ah c'mon, you're loving all the attention you're getting here, you're positively preening. You're ecstatic in this limelight, small as it is, and doing......well nevermind what I think you're doing.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
I didn't go to a Big Ten school, I was a boilermaker. The kind of person you evidently never got to know in Chicago.

Not interested in arguing with you, for you I feel contempt and defiance. I handled some pretty hard nosed fellas, reckon I could handle a vain coxcomb like you were I so inclined.

Ah c'mon, you're loving all the attention you're getting here, you're positively preening.
Actually I'm not. This sucks and was not what I was hoping for. So you're right I give up, which is how I left Chicago-my hands up. I surrender. Bye-bye. As for me being Dementor, I'm not, but, whatever... Done. You win.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:31 PM

2,242 posts, read 6,238,078 times
You're annoying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago