Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 09:03 PM

4,079 posts, read 10,392,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetexchanger View Post
the brotha was just representing, nothing wrong. The GD's probably helped guide him away from the streets and onto the basketball court, recognizing his athletic talent and potential.
you sound like a damn fool

Old 06-11-2009, 09:04 PM

4,593 posts, read 9,194,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carantini View Post
so what? who's Derick Rose? What a fruity name. Millions are gangbangers, why arent they mentioned. Is he an idol of you people? an athlete I think. your all such nobodies and you make it worse and worse the more you act like nobodies.

white people (the suburban type white people, blonde white type) in englewood would get literally eaten like food. eaten.

Derrick Rose is a basketball player on the bulls team. I'm surprise you never heard of him.

What do white people have to do with it?

Old 06-11-2009, 09:22 PM

264 posts, read 716,665 times
sports are for kids. Im surprised so many adults follow it.

Old 06-11-2009, 11:16 PM

425 posts, read 1,436,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carantini View Post
sports are for kids. Im surprised so many adults follow it.
Says the guy who was obviously the towel boy in high school. Are sports the most important thing in life? Absolutely not. Are they just for kids, like Trix? Absolutely not.

I would be very surprised if Derrick Rose is a gangster. His demeanor just doesn't seem to fit with the gangster life. That being said, it is a shame that gang related signs and logos have become so permeated within youth culture today. I'll admit, even I used to joke around at parties and throw gang signs, and I'm probably the whitest white guy you'll ever meet.

Old 06-12-2009, 03:34 AM

204 posts, read 761,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noid_1985 View Post
and BD's and Blackstones and Latin Kings....
ahhh latin kings in englewood?? ahh nooooo

Old 06-12-2009, 03:36 AM

204 posts, read 761,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noid_1985 View Post
You people ever hear of "Moetown" (and no it's not Detroit)?? It's from 51st- 57th from Ashland to Union which is mostly BPS and well within Englewood. Latin Kings are on 51st and Ada and 51st and Marshfield shared with the Stones. They are at war with LA Razas are a hispanic gang who are a huge influence in the Back of the Yards neighborhood.

People do your homework before you talk about gangs- don't just surf the net- go to the neighborhood.

yea and moetown is not englewood.

Old 06-12-2009, 05:01 AM

4,079 posts, read 10,392,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottl333 View Post
yea and moetown is not englewood.
oh word??? Then where is it?

Old 06-12-2009, 06:53 AM

308 posts, read 757,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hank0604 View Post
Says the guy who was obviously the towel boy in high school. Are sports the most important thing in life? Absolutely not. Are they just for kids, like Trix? Absolutely not.

I would be very surprised if Derrick Rose is a gangster. His demeanor just doesn't seem to fit with the gangster life. That being said, it is a shame that gang related signs and logos have become so permeated within youth culture today. I'll admit, even I used to joke around at parties and throw gang signs, and I'm probably the whitest white guy you'll ever meet.
+1

Completely agreed. It's unfortunate that Derrick Rose has a little bit of his reputation tarnished by all of this, but again I just can't picture him to be completely part of that culture. I don't know if it is me saying that as a Chicago Bulls and mostly a Chicago lover, but still. It's a great story of him coming from the bad streets of Chicago to lead his city's basketball team. Have I done stupid things? Of course. Done stupid things in pictures that if I was famous would be a source of controversy? Absolutely. As long as he isn't killing anybody or involved in guns or any other major things like that, I'm okay with these petty little things.

Old 06-12-2009, 07:28 AM

5,288 posts, read 8,877,417 times
he was doing this at a college party in Memphis, probably just showing off. I'm as melanin-impaired as it gets, and I can vouch for the fact that at college people not from Chicago often asked me about the gangs, and Cabrini Green and so on - now, if they get a picture of him doing this NOW, perhaps a different story.

Old 06-12-2009, 08:01 AM

4,593 posts, read 9,194,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-town Native View Post
he was doing this at a college party in Memphis, probably just showing off. I'm as melanin-impaired as it gets, and I can vouch for the fact that at college people not from Chicago often asked me about the gangs, and Cabrini Green and so on - now, if they get a picture of him doing this NOW, perhaps a different story.

They did get a picture of him throwing up the pitchfork. I don't think he was truly in the gang. Probably was just an associate like anybody else that grew up in a gang infested hood. I'm not too innocent of this either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago