U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-03-2011, 02:55 PM

1,992 posts, read 1,793,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
..I'd open up a Culver's on the shut down PizzaHut on Division & Ashland.
What is the deal with that empty lot?!

There's a LOT of people roaming that intersection with $$$ in their pocket, it's unbelievable nothing is done with it.

There's also the empty storefront on the Southeast corner of that intersection. It was Aranda's Taqueria back in the day, then became a WaMu, and now, nothing, empty. Developers must be stupid, it's a prime location.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2011, 02:57 PM

1,992 posts, read 1,793,461 times
I'd also add that if La Pasadita can make it at that intersection, with what must be the absolute worst food on the north side, than anyone can be successful there.

Old 01-03-2011, 05:55 PM

4,094 posts, read 1,277,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwaiter View Post
I'd also add that if La Pasadita can make it at that intersection, with what must be the absolute worst food on the north side, than anyone can be successful there.
Drunks keep that place alive.

Old 01-03-2011, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwaiter View Post
Developers must be stupid, it's a prime location.
You do know there is a recession going on right?

Old 01-03-2011, 07:12 PM

36,617 posts, read 57,924,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetuna View Post
Drunks keep that place alive.
Au contraire, one main feature that keeps them alive is that they actually flame-broil their carne asada instead of frying it up on a griddle like 90% of the taquerias around here do. That's why the various LP-owned locations and Las Asadas locations around town are among those specifically sought out by taqueria aficionados. the LP locations in Irving Park, Cragin, Mayfair, Portage Park and Palatine are certainly not kept afloat by drunks.

Old 01-03-2011, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
the LP locations in Irving Park, Mayfair and Portage Park are certainly not kept afloat by drunks.
I was referring to the East Ukrainian Village/Noble Square locations only with the drunk people statement. I did mean to imply the food is bad, it is not great to me, but passable.

Old 01-04-2011, 02:53 AM

4,793 posts, read 8,592,754 times
I also forgot... I'd try to open a Jack in the Box restaurant in Chicago too.

Old 01-04-2011, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
I also forgot... I'd try to open a Jack in the Box restaurant in Chicago too.
They already used to be here. This is McDonald's home turf. I am sure that factored in the chain leaving Chicago.

Old 01-04-2011, 12:23 PM

9 posts, read 5,277 times
I remember eating at Jack in the Box back in the day. There was one on Fullerton and Kimball, and I along with my baby brother were such regulars and were able to get two plain cheeseburgers, two small fries and two orange sodas w/no ice for 2 bucks. Uh..yeah; you can guess how long ago THAT was! LOL! No, it wasn't the 50s or 60s, but it was a while ago.

I wish Cracker Barrel was here. I don't know if it's on the thread anywhere, but just that store alone I personally think would do well in the city as despite we're all city mice, we love to venture along the country side on occasion.

Old 01-04-2011, 04:11 PM

9,258 posts, read 11,859,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonks78 View Post
I wish Cracker Barrel was here. I don't know if it's on the thread anywhere, but just that store alone I personally think would do well in the city as despite we're all city mice, we love to venture along the country side on occasion.

Best thing about that place is that they're clean and consistent; very important when you're traveling by car. Nobody likes a gastric surprise an hour down the road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago