Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 01:54 PM

818 posts, read 2,171,943 times

Advertisements

What I am tired of, on this forum as well as in other places, is race baiting. Yes, there are people who are genuinely racist in Chicago, the suburbs, and anywhere in the country, in the world for that matter. However, it seems to me that for every ten times someone believes to have heard or read something racist, there was only one with true racist intent behind it.

When someone says "you people" it can mean any group of people in which that particular person does not consider him/her self a part of, like fans of smooth jazz.

When people start assuming that someone won't live in a neighborhood with ten times the murder rate of the one they currently live in just because they are racist as opposed to because they don't want the increased murder risk, they are actually bringing the topic of race into a discussion that otherwise was not about race. This person is more likely to create more racists than convince people to stop being racist.

Forums titled along the lines of "Looking for African-American suburb with good schools" also have no intention on putting down any other race. Those of you who would assume this to be some kind of a "kill whitey" forum have completely missed the point.

Please people, stop assuming race and racism is the reason for everyone to feel the way they do about everything. Just because a comment sounds kind of like something someone said that was racist 30 years ago, does not mean it's racist. The human desire to be free and prosperous is universal, and currently being hampered by this over-emphasis on the racial aspect of everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2009, 03:53 PM

1,966 posts, read 6,076,609 times
Hyde Park is pretty evenly mixed and some extremely conservative economists live there.

Anyhow, if your definition of an "idiot dupe liberal" includes any white person who would choose a 50/50 neighborhood, then the discussion sort of ends right there. Ipso facto, I'm an idiot dupe liberal. Great conversation. Nice chatting.

Old 07-16-2009, 04:08 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,753,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gioobag View Post
The day the Standard Club downtown is integrated 50/50 is the day I'll believe liberals on the issue of race.

Those rich, big shot businessmen are liberals?

Old 07-16-2009, 04:26 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,917,264 times
Default My God..

Quote:
Why would you assume that? Where did you get this brainwashing? You really ought to start thinking about who put these ideas in your head. The people with guts are the ones who tell liars, propagandists, anti-white racists, activists, communists, and Western-haters to just **** off. Hillary Clinton, Pelosi et al, the bevy of liberal Jews, none of these people live in 50/50 neighborhoods.

The only people who do live in half-black neighborhoods are Hispanics who can't afford not to, and idiot dupe white liberals who are too clueless to see they are being led around everywhere today by the grandchildren of the communists who emigrated here in the early 20th Century.

The day the Standard Club downtown is integrated 50/50 is the day I'll believe liberals on the issue of race.
...what rock did you crawl out from under?

Your tin foil hat needs an adjustment...

You can also pick up your overdue laundry at KKK Kleaners; they really don't need any MORE white sheets than they already have....

Old 07-16-2009, 05:06 PM

760 posts, read 1,271,614 times
Quote:
Why would you assume that? Where did you get this brainwashing? You really ought to start thinking about who put these ideas in your head. The people with guts are the ones who tell liars, propagandists, anti-white racists, activists, communists, and Western-haters to just **** off. Hillary Clinton, Pelosi et al, the bevy of liberal Jews, none of these people live in 50/50 neighborhoods.

The only people who do live in half-black neighborhoods are Hispanics who can't afford not to, and idiot dupe white liberals who are too clueless to see they are being led around everywhere today by the grandchildren of the communists who emigrated here in the early 20th Century.

All your comments about eugenics and ze "Master White Race" don't amount to a hill of beans. Chicago and the US has a significant Black, Hispanic, and Asian population, no amount of whining and crying is going to change that. Do yourself a favor and either accept it or move to Sweden. You can have a million tea bagging events, your President will still be Black and the next Supreme Court Justice will be Hispanic. So rant away if it makes you feel better, just don't fool yourself into thinking you are making a difference.

Old 07-16-2009, 05:07 PM

760 posts, read 1,271,614 times
Quote:

All your comments about eugenics, Jewish conspiracies, and ze "Master White Race" don't amount to a hill of beans. Chicago and the US has a significant Black, Hispanic, and Asian population, no amount of whining and crying is going to change that. Do yourself a favor and either accept it or move to Sweden. You can have a million tea bagging events, your President will still be Black and the next Supreme Court Justice will be Hispanic. So rant away if it makes you feel better, just don't fool yourself into thinking you are making a difference.

Old 07-16-2009, 05:32 PM

1,966 posts, read 6,076,609 times
Quote:
You never answered the question about where your "assumption" originated. Hyde Park is famously Liberal and full of liberal dupes, although the dupes do not follow idiots. I'll withdraw that adjective. I'll grant their masters some credit for being intelligent, they know damn well what they are doing and teaching to dupes.
You did not strike me as interested in a sincere exchange of information, so I saw no need to address any specific issues.

For what it's worth, I had no idea that Hillary Clinton, Nancy Pelosi, or any of the modern day visible liberal power brokers had anything specific to say about integrated neighborhoods, and even if they did I doubt it would be different from what a conservative politician would say. It seems odd to assume someone would use them as their source to select a neighborhood.

My view was based on my observation on how racial attitudes have changed somewhat over the past twenty years, how the younger generation relates to race, and how there are a few noteworthy examples of successfully integrated neighborhoods in the city. Not everyone thinks like you do. You are entitled to your opinion but should give other people some breathing room and stop freaking out if they see things differently. Who cares if someone else wants to live in an integrated neighborhood? You seem to take it personally.

Old 07-16-2009, 05:36 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,772,817 times
Because home values are closely tied to race, and most people have most of their personal wealth tied up in their homes.

Old 07-16-2009, 05:51 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,792,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajolotl View Post
I rarely if ever see that phenomenon in the Chicago thread. Have no idea what you are talking about.
There are some people on here who argue that places like East Garfield Park and Humboldt Park are nice neighborhoods... But they are usually shot down very quickly. Most of us know better.

Old 07-16-2009, 06:10 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,265,438 times
Any city today that is multi-cultural and multi-racial is bound to have dust ups and differing opinions. I don't know that Chicago is any worse than NYC or LA, for that matter.

Another thing I think that impacts people is who they were raised by. MY grandmothers were Victorian ladies that were raised on rural farms. They quietly passed their raciest ideas to me - which I blithely ignored at a young age. It was not any more right 125 years ago when they were born, than it is today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago