U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 08:20 AM

10,037 posts, read 3,587,580 times

Advertisements

I can't believe this is happening in AMERICA and no one is talking about it.......................FALL OF CAPITALISM THE RISE OF ISLAM..............Is this what we want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sunday, July 19, 2009
Radical Islamic conference in Oak Lawn today

Illinois Review mentioned this conference last week and featured the group's YouTube promo. A protest is being organized for this morning in Oak Lawn, beginning at 9 am:
Responsible for Equality And Liberty (R.E.A.L.) will be protesting Hizb ut-Tahrir America’s conference in the Chicago suburb of Oak Lawn, Illinois on Sunday, July 19. HTA’s conference is scheduled to run from 11 AM to 5 PM Central Time at the Hilton Hotel Grand Ballroom 9333 South Cicero Avenue, Oak Lawn, IL.

If I were there I would be protesting...........I do have their number and I will be calling and voicing my opinion........ this is not right!!!! We should all be outraged. Americans are not paying attention and our COUNTRY is going to BURN!!!!

Old 07-19-2009, 10:26 AM

36,595 posts, read 57,867,463 times
*yawn*

Old 07-19-2009, 11:30 AM

2,778 posts, read 5,473,085 times
This thread actually made me give some serious introspection as to my general awareness. And the answer to myself was really, "Well no, generally I'm pretty oblivious, truth be told".

Old 07-19-2009, 12:56 PM

5,026 posts, read 5,857,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I can't believe this is happening in AMERICA and no one is talking about it.......................FALL OF CAPITALISM THE RISE OF ISLAM..............Is this what we want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sunday, July 19, 2009

Illinois Review mentioned this conference last week and featured the group's YouTube promo. A protest is being organized for this morning in Oak Lawn, beginning at 9 am:
Responsible for Equality And Liberty (R.E.A.L.) will be protesting Hizb ut-Tahrir America’s conference in the Chicago suburb of Oak Lawn, Illinois on Sunday, July 19. HTA’s conference is scheduled to run from 11 AM to 5 PM Central Time at the Hilton Hotel Grand Ballroom 9333 South Cicero Avenue, Oak Lawn, IL.

If I were there I would be protesting...........I do have their number and I will be calling and voicing my opinion........ this is not right!!!! We should all be outraged. Americans are not paying attention and our COUNTRY is going to BURN!!!!
People are talking about it. People like you.
And its not the first time in American history.

Its a very American trait to have isolationist tendencies, think that history and geography are not important topics, and then all of the sudden when America realizes its not immune to the global issues, hysteria results.

Whether it was the strong anti-German sentiments during and after World War I,
Japanese internment on the west coast in World War II, or Mcarthyism during the Cold War.

Being vigilant and patriotic are good things,

but spend some time reading and learning about what Islam is about, learn the history of the middle east, the Ottoman Empire, how the Arabs were promised indepedence for their helping the British defeat the Ottoman Turks, and the region was carved up into Mandates, (the countries known as Syria, Iraq, Lebanon, Jordan, and Israel) were arbitrary lines in the sand drawn not understanding the culture, etc.

The past is the key to the present. And if you simply don't have time because you have better things to do, that's fine, but should you really have strong views of an issue then, if you're not willing to do the research?

Old 07-19-2009, 12:59 PM

3,608 posts, read 6,619,500 times
I don't think this thread has anything to do with Chicago.

As to the person making a speech, I think the First Amendment has something to say about it.

If I disagreed with the person I don't think I would be demonstrating in front of or boycotting the venue which rented space to him or her.

Old 07-19-2009, 03:10 PM

9,170 posts, read 13,662,902 times
Quote:
Sunday, July 19, 2009

What an....animated post.

That YouTube video is pretty offensive. This meeting is a group whos goal is to combine and bring together all the Islamic countries/groups of the world. The YouTube video makes it out like this is a conference for killing children and murdering the West.

It's a religious group, there are religions all over the world. Just because an Islamic group is meeting in a mostly non-islamic country doesn't mean we need to throw on our white hoods and burn things to the ground.

I think we'd all be a LOT better off if religion could be a PERSONAL thing, and our society and civilization could finally work together on human and tangible issues, and not just faith.

Old 07-19-2009, 05:47 PM

1,806 posts, read 3,204,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~shepherds View Post
i can't believe this is happening in america and no one is talking about it.......................fall of capitalism the rise of islam..............is this what we want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sunday, july 19, 2009
radical islamic conference in oak lawn today

illinois review mentioned this conference last week and featured the group's youtube promo. A protest is being organized for this morning in oak lawn, beginning at 9 am:
responsible for equality and liberty (r.e.a.l.) will be protesting hizb ut-tahrir america’s conference in the chicago suburb of oak lawn, illinois on sunday, july 19. Hta’s conference is scheduled to run from 11 am to 5 pm central time at the hilton hotel grand ballroom 9333 south cicero avenue, oak lawn, il.

If i were there i would be protesting...........i do have their number and i will be calling and voicing my opinion........ This is not right!!!! We should all be outraged. Americans are not paying attention and our country is going to burn!!!!
oh shut the hell up...geeesh.

Old 07-19-2009, 07:07 PM

19,645 posts, read 51,198,428 times
THe great thing about America is the freedom to practice religion, which is what those folks are doing. I HIGHLY doubt that its a meeting of radicals.

Old 07-19-2009, 07:11 PM

16,249 posts, read 11,817,416 times
Quote:
Sunday, July 19, 2009

OH MY GAWD!!! WE ARE GOING TO BURN!!! THIS BABY IS GOING DOWN DOWN DOWN!!! WE ARE GOING TO CRASH, MELT, BURN, SUFFER, DIE!!! ARMEGEDDON HAS ARRIVED!!!! THE GRIM REAPER IS HERE!!!! IT IS OVER! ALL OVER!!! GRAB YOUR CHILDREN AND PREPARE TO DIE!!!

Just what you want to get up on Sunday morning and hear!

Old 07-19-2009, 09:06 PM

13 posts, read 21,562 times
Being in Idaho I am guessing you probably have not met, talked with, or befriended many Muslims 3Shepherds...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago