U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-30-2009, 09:32 AM
 
Location: Portage Park
10 posts, read 35,360 times
Reputation: 11
Default is the logan square area safe?

so anyways, to be blunt i worked all day and looked mildy for an answer but im a bit lazy. i currently live in the portage park area, and i am looking to rent an apartment on the 2400 block of kedzie, on kedzie and fullerton in the logan square area. i was wondering if i could get a general consensus of how safe the area is. i am a 23 yr old male 5'11" 180 lbs, built, but i want to make sure its okay for my gf as well who i will be moving in with. any insight is greatly appreciated. thanks.

 
Old 07-30-2009, 09:36 AM
 
Location: Lincoln Park
838 posts, read 2,005,737 times
Reputation: 163
I am speaking from a Lincoln Park resident perspective. I would say I have been in that area a few times and it appeared to be generally ok, though questionable figures do roam on the st, but for a guy like you, I would not worry too much about it.
 
Old 07-30-2009, 09:43 AM
 
Location: Portage Park
10 posts, read 35,360 times
Reputation: 11
would like to be closer to transportation for my and her job, the blue line specifically and 90/94 and closer to more entertainment/friends who live in wicker park, which is a bit less affordable really
 
Old 07-30-2009, 09:52 AM
 
Location: Portage Park
10 posts, read 35,360 times
Reputation: 11
yes i have looked on craigslist mostly, dont know of many other places. i can actually tell you all what i am looking for if any help can be provided. wicker, bucktown, logan area. within aprox 10 min walk to blue line. i work at night 12am til 715am so i usually head to work around 1130pm to the blue line and work around the board of trade. my gf works in the morning til afternoon. my budget would be $1300 max with all utilities included. that is the absolute max. would like 1 bedroom, 1 clean bathroom, none of those "old school" tubs, my gf is picky lol. nice kitchen and some living room space for a tv/couch. i think something above 800sf would be appropriate. would also prefer in unit laundry. a studio would be to small imo. all of these options seem hard to come by in wicker/bucktown with this budget. any suggestions?
 
Old 07-30-2009, 10:03 AM
 
Location: Chicago
15,589 posts, read 12,656,142 times
Reputation: 1761
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheddaman123 View Post
so anyways, to be blunt i worked all day and looked mildy for an answer but im a bit lazy...
Don't worry. I am feeling a bit lazy too. Too lazy to answer your question as a matter of fact.
 
Old 07-30-2009, 10:13 AM
 
Location: Portage Park
10 posts, read 35,360 times
Reputation: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
Don't worry. I am feeling a bit lazy too. Too lazy to answer your question as a matter of fact.
hahaha but not lazy enoough to not write that lol fantastic. sorry ive been looking at apartments then stumbled across this forum, ran through it quickly, looked a bit, but i just worked the 12am to 7am shift so im a bit run down. apologies.
 
Old 07-30-2009, 10:26 AM
 
Location: Avondale (Chicago, IL)
83 posts, read 291,257 times
Reputation: 55
At least it's easy to find a seat on the train at that time

If you want something a little nicer, but slightly further to the train, there's a lot of rentals popping up on Logan blvd proper between Fairfield all the way up to Kedzie. I see a couple garden apts and a duplex for rent frequently on my walks. The prices will be higher, but worth it.
 
Old 07-30-2009, 10:30 AM
 
Location: Lincoln Park
838 posts, read 2,005,737 times
Reputation: 163
I believe $1300 will get you any nice 1/1 in logan sq or wicker park. Someone tells me I am wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheddaman123 View Post
yes i have looked on craigslist mostly, dont know of many other places. i can actually tell you all what i am looking for if any help can be provided. wicker, bucktown, logan area. within aprox 10 min walk to blue line. i work at night 12am til 715am so i usually head to work around 1130pm to the blue line and work around the board of trade. my gf works in the morning til afternoon. my budget would be $1300 max with all utilities included. that is the absolute max. would like 1 bedroom, 1 clean bathroom, none of those "old school" tubs, my gf is picky lol. nice kitchen and some living room space for a tv/couch. i think something above 800sf would be appropriate. would also prefer in unit laundry. a studio would be to small imo. all of these options seem hard to come by in wicker/bucktown with this budget. any suggestions?
 
Old 07-30-2009, 10:32 AM
 
Location: Nort Seid
5,196 posts, read 4,302,353 times
Reputation: 2321
first time for Logan Square, I'd try and get within a block of Logan Blvd, and west of California - Fullerton is a way crazy street, you don't want your gf to have to walk it or cross it if possible, until she gets a feel for the area.
 
Old 07-30-2009, 10:35 AM
 
Location: Chicago
15,589 posts, read 12,656,142 times
Reputation: 1761
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheddaman123 View Post
hahaha but not lazy enoough to not write that lol fantastic. sorry ive been looking at apartments then stumbled across this forum, ran through it quickly, looked a bit, but i just worked the 12am to 7am shift so im a bit run down. apologies.
Thanks for having a sense of humor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top