U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 11:30 AM

10,069 posts, read 16,890,300 times
I feel like Jessegirl98 and aragx6 deserted us. They could have at least said good bye! *sniffle*

Old 08-04-2009, 11:32 AM

15,589 posts, read 11,791,795 times
^ The site rules frown down upon "goodbyes" ^

Old 08-04-2009, 11:44 AM

5,099 posts, read 7,651,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
I feel like Jessegirl98 and aragx6 deserted us. They could have at least said good bye! *sniffle*
I know. And they still owe me money for the phone bill!

Old 08-04-2009, 12:08 PM

10,069 posts, read 16,890,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukwoo View Post
I know. And they still owe me money for the phone bill!
That could be why they left. They're scared of sukwoo's "collection associates".

Old 08-05-2009, 07:05 PM

1,070 posts, read 1,692,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
^ good question ^
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajolotl View Post
Is the "real" Deechee real?
I'm actually offended. How does anyone really know if a poster on an internet forum is "real?" I guess I made a mistake thinking I could find really nice people to answer and ask questions with on City-Data.

*sigh* See what trolls do for you!

Old 08-05-2009, 07:48 PM

5,550 posts, read 8,324,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deechee View Post
I'm actually offended. How does anyone really know if a poster on an internet forum is "real?" I guess I made a mistake thinking I could find really nice people to answer and ask questions with on City-Data.

*sigh* See what trolls do for you!
don't be offended. I've been "imped" before on other forums by trolls and it does suck (never mind the stalking). I suppose no one really knows who on here is "real" or not, but I think many posters have posted enough about themselves or relevant info for us to guess that they aren't random trolls looking to cause trouble. unfortunately a few trolls snuck in here and made a mess of the forums and I guess folks are still wondering if they're among us still (I use plural even though I figure it's just one sad, pathetic loser w/ nothing better to do but troll a website). hopefully we'll get some new mods and this forum will regain some order again

Old 08-05-2009, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
don't be offended. I've been "imped" before on other forums by trolls and it does suck (never mind the stalking). I suppose no one really knows who on here is "real" or not, but I think many posters have posted enough about themselves or relevant info for us to guess that they aren't random trolls looking to cause trouble. unfortunately a few trolls snuck in here and made a mess of the forums and I guess folks are still wondering if they're among us still (I use plural even though I figure it's just one sad, pathetic loser w/ nothing better to do but troll a website). hopefully we'll get some new mods and this forum will regain some order again
Lol okay I'll no longer sulk in the corner.

It does suck, but hey, I think the person who has nothing better to do than impersonate me is the real loser. I can't wait till I see more moderator involvement also.

That also may be like asking my neighbor next door to pronounce my name correctly, lol

Old 08-05-2009, 08:41 PM

4,204 posts, read 10,115,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Question is, report to whom? Several of us have been reporting this clown for weeks. I had to go straight to JoshB twice and straight to Yac twice before anyone actually did something about Waukegan, and it took at least two weeks before either of them would do anything about him. So while "don't respond, please report" is nice in theory, it doesn't get a lot of traction if the troll spends weeks turning the place upside down while we verily beg for mods to come and do something about it. If you're pleading with us to simply ignore and report, can we expect in turn that our reports will not be ignored for weeks?

Drover, As I've said before I can't just snap my fingers and get rid of people. I wish it were that easy, if it was this place would look like a walgreens commercial.lol Any ways we get bad apples in here and they have IP scrambers, so they get banned, come back, get banned, come back. So even though you sent me a direct message don't assume I didn't do anything. We had more then one option and we had to see how we could address the situation. Sometimes things can't be done pronto.

Thanks for your patience guys and gals. When you report a post please be as detailed as possible about why it's a tos violation et cetera.

Thanks, Josh

Old 08-05-2009, 08:52 PM

Pleased to see an moderator post. On behalf of all of us, thanks for the reply.

Old 08-05-2009, 09:06 PM

4,204 posts, read 10,115,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deechee View Post
Pleased to see an moderator post. On behalf of all of us, thanks for the reply.

I'm just glad that everyone can keep it cool... As Mike said if a known banned user comes back under a new name, just ignore them...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago