U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 03:37 PM

1,967 posts, read 3,579,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deechee View Post
I guess I made a mistake thinking I could find really nice people to answer and ask questions with on City-Data.
(
Why would you expect to find nice people on an internet forum? I've found anonymous posters in general to be the rudest people I deal with on a regular basis. I myself am rude on the internet. It's too easy.

For what it's worth, Opkl claims (credibly) that he was never bogus, got booted for something else (won't bother explaining). I believe it. For someone to create that persona and all of the accompanying opinions would go even beyond what Goo was capable of.

Old 08-06-2009, 03:45 PM

5,098 posts, read 7,646,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajolotl View Post
Why would you expect to find nice people on an internet forum? I've found anonymous posters in general to be the rudest people I deal with on a regular basis. I myself am rude on the internet. It's too easy.

For what it's worth, Opkl claims (credibly) that he was never bogus, got booted for something else (won't bother explaining). I believe it. For someone to create that persona and all of the accompanying opinions would go even beyond what Goo was capable of.
You talked to Opkl? Are you like that boy from "The Sixth Sense"?

Old 08-06-2009, 04:03 PM

4,982 posts, read 3,982,242 times
Default Speaking of trolls..

...I had the great displeasure today of enduring another offering from our favorite hedge-fund advocate, "HSW". I've been led to believe that he might have been seen in Chicago, with "hsw" license plates? If so, you out there in Illinois have my sympathy.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:10 PM

1,070 posts, read 1,691,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajolotl View Post

Well, I try my best to be as cordial and helpful as possible. I just don't have it in my bones to mean and rude. UNLESS you tick me off beyond belief...and once you did, you'd know it was coming to ya!

Well, I hope he comes back if he's actually real, and maybe stand up for us south suburbanites... He was the only one I know about who didn't make it like we lived in the ghetto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukwoo View Post
You talked to Opkl? Are you like that boy from "The Sixth Sense"?
Now I really wanna know...how do you know the difference between the trolls?

Anyway, lol, back to celebrating Chicago posters!

Old 08-06-2009, 11:15 PM

10,069 posts, read 16,882,063 times
So are Chicago posters celebrating, or are we celebrating Chicago posters? I'd like to shout out to ajolotl, sukwoo, CarolinaBredChicagoan, supernerdgirl, Drover, skip crommer, Avengerfire, surleycue, Attril, Chet Everett, jdiddy, j33, Mister Mappy, SkyeInIL, and Manigault. Wooooooooooooo!!! Woooo hoooooo! ****.

Old 08-06-2009, 11:40 PM

15,589 posts, read 11,781,887 times
Have a drink for us!

You have to do 15 shots to equal the total number of every poster mentioned!

Old 08-07-2009, 06:41 AM

Aww I feel so left out, think I'll go home now...

*runs and pouts in the corner*

Old 08-07-2009, 07:46 AM

2,775 posts, read 5,183,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
So are Chicago posters celebrating, or are we celebrating Chicago posters? I'd like to shout out to ajolotl, sukwoo, CarolinaBredChicagoan, supernerdgirl, Drover, skip crommer, Avengerfire, surleycue, Attril, Chet Everett, jdiddy, j33, Mister Mappy, SkyeInIL, and Manigault. Wooooooooooooo!!! Woooo hoooooo! ****.
I feel so left out!

Old 08-07-2009, 08:23 AM

4,982 posts, read 3,982,242 times
Default I haven't..

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
I feel so left out!
...forgotten you--you've made some interesting comments, stirred up a little controversy, made me laugh a few times...and I'm not on this board every day, either.

Old 08-07-2009, 08:59 AM

I must agree with Mass, you have interesting posts lol.

I enjoy this forum so much! It can sometimes be considered free entertainment haha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago