Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 12:26 PM

668 posts, read 2,351,232 times

Advertisements

Well the Red Sox are (or were?) in town against the White Sox. And I've got to say, is it just me or are there more Red Sox fans in Chicago than any other opposing team fanbase? Where do they all come from? They're everywhere, I went on the L and found that Red Sox fans dominated the White Sox fans by like a 3 to 1 ratio. Is it just some yuppie trend to like the Red Sox or what? I know we have a lot of yuppies flocking to Chicago but jeez this is rediculous. Being that I went to school in New England for a year, I've grown to hate and loathe the Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics and anything Boston or New England. Worst place on earth. What is the deal? They're aren't White Sox fans like that in Boston, I can tell you. Why don't they go back to Boston if they love the Red Sox so much. Just another sign maybe Chicago is going down the sh****r.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 12:30 PM

15,585 posts, read 27,466,981 times
They are transplants. It ain't too hard to figure out.

Old 09-08-2009, 12:35 PM

2,256 posts, read 6,936,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
They are transplants. It ain't too hard to figure out.
Yup the Red Sox and Yankees are the two teams where when they're away are usually the opposing teams biggest draws of the year. For example, the Yankees might as well call Tampa Bay their second home for all the NY transplants that have gone down there.

Old 09-08-2009, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgt04 View Post
Yup the Red Sox and Yankees are the two teams where when they're away are usually the opposing teams biggest draws of the year. For example, the Yankees might as well call Tampa Bay their second home for all the NY transplants that have gone down there.
Yankee's make sense. I've seen their fanbase all over the nation. I've never seen a Red Sox fanbase anywhere though except Boston, and up until recently *sigh* Chicago. I was so glad to leave New England and come back to Chicago, only to find out I've come to back to that jerk chicken eating hellhole again. I think I hate New England more than any New Yorker could.

EDIT: Not to mention, I ALWAYS see them around, even when the Red Sox aren't in town. More so than Yankee's fans, Brewers fans, Cardinals fans, and other team fanbases (which are non existent here compared to the Red Sox).

Old 09-08-2009, 12:42 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,083,418 times
I think it's a good excuse for Red Sox fans to visit Chicago on a vacation as well. I was really surprised to see swarms of Red Sox fans all decked out walking around Wrigley this weekend taking pictures. Being a Holiday weekend more people would be inclined to take a little vacation. Boston to Chicago tickets are pretty cheap, there's a Sox vs. Sox game....why not book the extended weekend?

I'm obviously assuming all those people around Wrigley were from Boston who took the train up to check out their version of Fenway while in town.

Old 09-08-2009, 12:44 PM

15,585 posts, read 27,466,981 times
IDK. If the fans going to Comiskey look like the one in the below link-I would not be too pissed if I was a White Sox fan!

Old 09-08-2009, 12:44 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,132,917 times
You missed the memo. After 03 it officially became trendy to wear the B hat instead of the NY one.

Old 09-08-2009, 12:46 PM

Quote:
IDK. If the fans going to Comiskey look like the one in the below link-I would not be too pissed if I was a White Sox fan!

http://cache.deadspin.com/assets/res...edsoxhussy.jpg
haha good find, but give me an ethnic latina White Sox fan anyday.

Old 09-08-2009, 12:51 PM

3,639 posts, read 8,279,100 times
Quote:
roffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banx View Post
haha good find, but give me an ethnic latina White Sox fan anyday.
agreed

Old 09-08-2009, 02:55 PM

41 posts, read 84,206 times
The Red Sox fanbase is one of the largest in all of sports, not just baseball. Arguably, larger than the Cubs. Ever since the 'Saux' won the World Series, the fans have flex their muscles. After the Yankees, it's a Red Sox Nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago