Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 04:46 PM

4 posts, read 14,771 times

Advertisements

Naca has a great home buying program. Yes it may take longer in some situations if you have things in order it may not take as long, but the way it works is for example if you have credigt usses its not so much about your credit score but you do have to address the debt, say you want a mortgage payment of 1000 and you are currently payingf 800 dollars well naca will ask you t save 200 a month for maybe 3-6 months just depending on the situation to show that you are able to make a 1000 payment a month if you can show that then the process can move forward and on top of that you have some money saved up that you can put towards new furniture or whatecver gtowards your house or just have it saved. There is no closing cost, no down payment and the interest rate is always 1 percent below market rate and like someone previoudsly said you can buy down your rate. Yes there is a 50 dollar monthly fee which is well worth it considering you'll probably have a really good interest rate and the 50 dollars want make a big difference. and yes you do have to participate in some volunteer activit, but you choose those activites adn when and it's really not bad at all its well worth it, and if you do your research people are suffering hardship and forclosure all over but very very very rarely do people who purchase a home through Naca loose there home or become at severe risk of loosing there home. Its worth the extra time it may take you to actually close, again its situation by situation, and it may be more difficult if you're going through Naca and using another realator, who has there own interest in mind. Naca is great you want find better rates meaning you want find a better and more affordable mortgage and there not in the business of doing any shady loans and they're not rushing to just put you in a home they are working to put you in a home you love and will truly be able to afford it along with all the other responsibilites of homeownership

Read more: [URL]http://www.city-data.com/forum/charlotte/36954-has-anyone-used-naca-home-buyers.html#ixzz0YZtUjTQj[/URL]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2009, 04:47 PM

4 posts, read 14,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjb View Post
What is NACA? Is it available for current homeowners to refinance? Can I use it if I sell my existing home and want to finance another home with it?

Thanks!
Yes if you sell you can buy through naca check out the website for more information [URL="http://www.naca.com"]www.naca.com[/URL]

Old 08-25-2011, 03:38 PM

1 posts, read 1,740 times
I'm going through the process in chicago right now and yes it is long and frustrating. I believe they are very understaffed - because the customer service and response time is horrible. I know the end result will be great if i ever make it to the end, but they are just so unorganized and unprofessional!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: