Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 10:57 AM

136 posts, read 997,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
No. I don't.
Maybe we'll feel differently after living there...but for now, we are THRILLED to be leaving rural, white, small town, economically depressed SE Michigan!

City of Broad Shoulders with economic stability, diversity and culture...HERE WE COME!!!

-TM

Old 08-03-2007, 11:25 AM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,044,196 times
Oh you will. Every place has it faults.

Old 08-03-2007, 12:23 PM

136 posts, read 997,428 times
Cool Maybe...

I am sure that I will will find faults and flaws...but I may not necessarily desire to complain about them!
Cheers,
-TM

Old 08-03-2007, 03:26 PM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,044,196 times
.... ah, but kvetching is a time-honored tradition around these parts

Old 08-03-2007, 03:27 PM

38,707 posts, read 102,751,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j33 View Post
.... ah, but kvetching is a time-honored tradition around these parts
True, though at the end of each kvetching sentence there's usually an implied "but I wouldn't want to live anywhere else"

Old 08-03-2007, 10:18 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,630,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeacherMan View Post
Maybe we'll feel differently after living there...but for now, we are THRILLED to be leaving rural, white, small town, economically depressed SE Michigan!

City of Broad Shoulders with economic stability, diversity and culture...HERE WE COME!!!

-TM
Quote:
Originally Posted by j33 View Post
Oh you will. Every place has it faults.
God isn't it the truth. No one in this hellhole can complain about anything else.

Old 08-04-2007, 04:05 PM

1,119 posts, read 2,732,484 times
Your statement tells me you need more education about Chicago architecture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandabear View Post
I personally think the Spire looks like it will be hideous and does not look like it will fit in well with chicago's older architecture. Its too New Age and gaudy leave that stuff for places like Vegas or Miami.

Old 08-05-2007, 03:10 AM

404 posts, read 706,025 times
Yes. I would like to complain about Chicago. I thought I did, but can't find the post, so I'll give it another shot. It's a job related complaint where I was delivering a pizza. I had to remove most of the facts so it would fall within the limit set by the site. It's as condensed as I can make it and still provide sufficient information.

It's a four count complaint against the city of Chicago, the Chicago Police Department, Cook County, and Cook County Sheriff claiming damages for a false arrest, a false imprisonment and a count of contempt of court. It's way too long for the site, so I will give two lines of background, one fact and one count. The parties are listed above. I am represented by The Law Firm.

This is from the hard copy given to me by my lawyer. The matter has been set to arbitration because all parties lost their motions to dismiss. The city agreed to settle, but the County/Sheriff maybe appealing the charges for the hearing was set for May 22nd and continued to July, then continued again for August. Soon September and October will pass, and will blend into January after the holidays.

Last edited by thepizzaguy; 08-05-2007 at 03:36 AM..

Old 08-05-2007, 03:11 AM

404 posts, read 706,025 times
Background:

6. On or about November 13, 2003, at approximately 6:45 pm, Roberson was operating his car eastbound at or near 3831 Lexington Street in CHicago, Illinois.

7. At the above time and place, Roberson was engaged in the course of his employment as a pizza delivery driver.

Fact:

25. The CPD LEADS search return an outstanding warrant for a William E. Roberson for allegedly driving on a suspended license.

COUNT II False Imprisonment vs. City of Chicago and Chicago Police Department

72. Instead of considering all of the facts available, the City of Chicago Police Department and Officer 14926 without probable cause of reasonable cause, intentionally, willfully and with conscious and utter disregard for the facts and rights of Roberson executed the Intrastate Hold Affidavit including included false information so that it would match the information regarding the individual wanted by McHenry County. For example, the City of Chicago, Chicago Police Department and Officer 14926 included the following false information:

A. That Roberson's date of birth was September 14, 1968 when it knew or had available the fact that Roberson's date of birth was November 4, 1964
B. That Roberson's eye color was brown when it knew that Roberson's eye color was blue
C. That Roberson's social security number was PROTRACTED when it knew that Roberson's social security number was PROTECTED
D. The the description comparison between Roberson and the person wanted by McHenry County matched when it did not and
E. That the fingerprint comparison between Roberson and the person wanted by McHenry County matched when in fact it did not.

73. As a direct and proximate result of the above actions of the City of Chicago, Chicago police Department and Officer 14926, Roberson was falsely imprisoned in the Cook County Jail for a period of twenty-eight days, suffered sever personal and emotional injuries, was deprived of his liberty without due process of law.

Wherefore, Roberson respectfully requests entry of judgment in his favor and against the City of Chicago and Chicago Police Department for an amount in excess of $30,000.00 plus costs.

Last edited by thepizzaguy; 08-05-2007 at 03:23 AM..

Old 08-05-2007, 03:21 AM

38,707 posts, read 102,751,145 times
Holy crap. Is that supposed to be a legal brief? If so, your lawyer sucks (well, not really, he did the best he could with a poofter case) and I suspect this was laughed out of court unless it went before a very lenient judge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago