U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-19-2010, 08:48 PM

10,784 posts, read 14,539,165 times
Smile The OFFICIAL CHICAGO SPORTS CHAT - Baseball, Football, Basketball, Hockey, Soccer

If you love Chicago sports and want to talk about it this is the place to be.
Kick back, grab something refreshing and relax. It's game time!

Last edited by linicx; 09-08-2010 at 08:37 AM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2010, 08:55 PM

6,810 posts, read 11,798,337 times
I'd like to be the first one to say the Hawks need a Goalie!!!

Old 03-20-2010, 11:06 AM

19,207 posts, read 50,073,764 times
Yes, the Hawks need goaltending. Thats nothing new. They also need to take the C off Toews' chest, and give it to Keith or Hossa. LETS GO HAWKS!

Anyone gettin stoked for the MLS opening kickoff? With De Las Cabos at the helm, some new signings (including Collins John), Im eagerly anticipating the season and what we can do. LETS GO FIRE!

Old 03-20-2010, 11:54 AM

4,300 posts, read 5,912,728 times
You are crazy steve.

Old 03-20-2010, 11:50 PM

2,778 posts, read 5,358,742 times
So... which season are we entering?

Men-with-big-sticks-and-padded-crotches season?

Beefy-Men-with-shiny-tight-pants-and-padded-crotches season?

Or Russian-Guys-Wearing-Heavy-Armor-And-Also-Janky-Teeth season?

Old 03-21-2010, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy View Post
You are crazy steve.
You believe the Hawks have solid goaltending? Or you believe Toews is more worthy to wear the C over Keith?

No MLS strike! It was announced yesterday afternoon that the MLS and MLSPU have reached a 5 year deal. Season kicks off in 4 days.

Old 03-21-2010, 05:33 PM

4,300 posts, read 5,912,728 times
You think the Hawks "need" to take the captaincy away from Toews? He's 22 years old, yet has already been the best forward for Team Canada in the Olympics, led last year's young squad to the Western Finals and had this year's team near the top of the NHL all year long (outside of the current blip, the only time of the year they struggled was when he was out).

If you think him being the captain is somehow preventing this team from being better, you're crazy. Crazy meaning not smart.

For the record, yes they have goaltending issues, but they aren't as pronounced as people like to believe.

Old 03-21-2010, 06:35 PM

905 posts, read 520,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Yes, the Hawks need goaltending. Thats nothing new. They also need to take the C off Toews' chest, and give it to Keith or Hossa. LETS GO HAWKS!

Anyone gettin stoked for the MLS opening kickoff? With De Las Cabos at the helm, some new signings (including Collins John), Im eagerly anticipating the season and what we can do. LETS GO FIRE!
Steve, is this the same Collins John that played for Fulham?
If so, then I think Fire made good signing.
He used to be very good few years ago, though I don't know what happened with him in the past 2-3 seasons.
Where he played after Fulham?
Is he still good?

Old 03-22-2010, 02:24 PM

947 posts, read 1,316,578 times
Hawks are falling apart and it makes me see red. Hells yes we need a cup-class goalie. Also, the ref's/sportscaster's calls/opinions seem to be skewed against us. That pisses me off, too.

Old 03-22-2010, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy View Post
You think the Hawks "need" to take the captaincy away from Toews? He's 22 years old, yet has already been the best forward for Team Canada in the Olympics, led last year's young squad to the Western Finals and had this year's team near the top of the NHL all year long (outside of the current blip, the only time of the year they struggled was when he was out).

If you think him being the captain is somehow preventing this team from being better, you're crazy. Crazy meaning not smart.

For the record, yes they have goaltending issues, but they aren't as pronounced as people like to believe.
I DONT think Toews being captain is preventing ANYTHING, please dont put words in my mouth. I just would feel more comfortable with Hossa or Keith wearing the C, even as new to the Hawks as Hossa is. But you believing a young kid single-handedly led the Hawks to a (unsuccessful) Cup run, and kept them on top of the Western Conference (which is false, because we've mostly been behind SJS until the last few days) is "not smart". Did you forget a certain Joel Quenneville? Hmmm. I think he should get the credit before anyone else. Joel took this team from Denny and whoa, night and day difference. Toews didnt lead the Hawks to the Playoffs. The ENTIRE TEAM got the Hawks where they were/are. Dont get me wrong, Toews is phenomonal, he's got a bright future ahead of him. So does Kane. So does Versteeg. So does Keith. So does Niemi. Get my drift? When it comes time to hit the Cup Playoffs, you want veteran leadership, plain and simple. You want a guy who's as good with the puck as he is with his words and fists.

Back on topic, I still am not confident with Toews being captain. Im sure most would disagree, but I dont care, just my opinion. And the Hawks do have goaltending issues. The Habs and Caps didnt get rid of Huet for no reason at all. Niemi was like Khabi... either on or off like a light switch. Crawford is still a Hog for obvious reasons. We need a Vokoun or a Nabokov or a Pavelec.

And Kane is every bit a contender for the C as Toews. Perhaps he should have worn the C because he won the Calder?

Last edited by Steve-o; 03-22-2010 at 07:53 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago