Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 02:28 AM

170 posts, read 535,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
Although I'm sympathetic to your situation, I don't think anyone here could take those words seriously. You expect more out of CTA employees? These are the people who expect a goddamn pound of gold for breathing. You have to got to learn to set the bar so much lower.

I can't believe I'm defending the CTA, or any quasi-governmental branch of Chicago, but... I have a feeling that you don't actually live in Chicago, but instead reside far away in a leafy suburb. I've been pushed to the border of fury from my experiences on buses and trains, as have many people. If I had to drive one...

It's no explanation for the driver's behavior, which is inexcusable. Nevertheless, I can understand where his irrational behavior would have arisen from.
I am in Edgewater, in the vicinity of Clark and Granville. Only coming up on a year and a half, but I live here nonetheless; I'm not sure how many people on here have actually lived here their whole lives. Some, but not all. I don't drive (my husband is the one who does) so I take the CTA quite often.

I never expect any pleasantness from CTA employees, but yeah, I do expect more out of them in this regard... "more" meaning an absence of unprovoked verbal attacks like this, but not much else. I do know they all expect $5 each time they fart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2010, 12:24 PM

81 posts, read 238,586 times
[quote=i blame history;13481997]My guess is the answer will be a big fat "nobody will care," but I thought I'd ask anyway.

My husband and I were just driving east down Devon and I believe it was at the Hoyne stop that a bus pulled out in front of us and gave us just enough time to slam on the breaks to avoid hitting the bus or the car in the oncoming lane. You know, like all the busses do; nothing out of the ordinary there honestly. But the catch is that we met up with the bus at, I believe, Damen. There was a red light. I hear my husband say "Dude's talking to me?" and rolled down the window... sure enough, in broken english, the driver said something about slowing down and proceeded to call by husband a f*ggot. The light was still red, of course my husband was in the screaming at the guy things along the lines of "what the hell is your problem?!" and receiving threats of "I will fxck you up."

Why did you have to mention the bus driver had broken english. I think you are more than upset but also have racial tendencies as well.

Old 03-28-2010, 02:11 PM

170 posts, read 535,989 times
[quote=prinessdanika99;13490833]
Quote:
Originally Posted by i blame history View Post
My guess is the answer will be a big fat "nobody will care," but I thought I'd ask anyway.

My husband and I were just driving east down Devon and I believe it was at the Hoyne stop that a bus pulled out in front of us and gave us just enough time to slam on the breaks to avoid hitting the bus or the car in the oncoming lane. You know, like all the busses do; nothing out of the ordinary there honestly. But the catch is that we met up with the bus at, I believe, Damen. There was a red light. I hear my husband say "Dude's talking to me?" and rolled down the window... sure enough, in broken english, the driver said something about slowing down and proceeded to call by husband a f*ggot. The light was still red, of course my husband was in the screaming at the guy things along the lines of "what the hell is your problem?!" and receiving threats of "I will fxck you up."

Why did you have to mention the bus driver had broken english. I think you are more than upset but also have racial tendencies as well.
Because he did. He looked like a Latino Fabio, to be exact. It's the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago