U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-09-2010, 05:51 PM
 
223 posts, read 247,941 times
Reputation: 19

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I believe it is Original Post or Original Poster
Thanx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-09-2010, 05:52 PM
 
3,577 posts, read 455,932 times
Reputation: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNC10 View Post
Hi Friend.

Thanx for the info, much appreciated!

People like me who believe there is ONLY one way to be saved and that is by J b F and Blood of the Lamb Atonement are called the "BRIDE of CHRIST". Are we known as B o C ? [Bride of Christ] or what?
There are so many different labels and generalisations abounding in Christianity it is very confusing -- however it is simple if you fasten your eyes on God and Jesus Christ the Saviour, their is only one way and that is through Jesus Christ --- God draws, drags, judges, saves --- all in his own time through Christ......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2010, 06:21 PM
 
223 posts, read 247,941 times
Reputation: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
There are so many different labels and generalisations abounding in Christianity it is very confusing -- however it is simple if you fasten your eyes on God and Jesus Christ the Saviour, their is only one way and that is through Jesus Christ --- God draws, drags, judges, saves --- all in his own time through Christ......
Yes, you are totaly correct! But, J b F plays a big part on salvation too. [and not by works/merit]



For those that dont know wot is > JbF

JbF= Justification by FAITH
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2010, 06:41 PM
 
696 posts, read 765,630 times
Reputation: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Hi all,
I've seen posts asking, "why become a Christian if all will be saved in the end anyway?"
Well, coming from an unbeliever, I can understand this POV. But a Christian should be able to grasp this easily, IMO.

This is how God saves:
He calls the person He wants to save, and that person responds to the call in his/her heart to be saved/seek God.
As a result, the individual's life changes noticeably. For example, when I got "called" and "responded," I then received what I consider a "baptism in the Holy Ghost." I was filled with joy. I remember the experience well, and I can say that it is the BEST experience I've ever had so far in my life.
How do I know it was from God? Look at the fruits: I began to pray for hours! It was a joy to pray! I liked talking about Jesus to people, and posting things about Him on my dorm room door. (People thought I was "going off the deep end.")
I also felt noticeably less "attached" to the things of the world. It didn't mean that I didn't enjoy pizza anymore, only that I could do without it and not suffer. The Lord became my first thought of the day, the last thought before bed; in a word, my ALL. I was IN LOVE!

Now this transition is a witness to the world. And God calls others to "seek Him" through believers. But God is not revealing Himself to the world right now. It is not His time.
But in the fullness of time, when the time of the gentiles is fulfilled, then some say THAT is when the coming/presence of the Son of God will come "as lightning that lights the sky from west to east." Multitudes will be converted, perhaps whole nations at a time.

The point is that it's God's move, not ours. And right now He is revealing Himself only to individuals, not to the whole world. Those of us who are blessed to have been "given" this salvation can rejoice to know that it is GOD's work, and He will have His desire fulfilled!

Blessings to all,
brian

Ps. I'm gonna start the "Book of Job" thread soon! Even though I'm not a great writer..!
Well I can understand your point this is not Biblically supported.

First of all God has called all the world. He has called since the day of Adam. As all of man are in Adam the call applies. Simply put....

Genesis 3:4 Then the LORD God called to Adam and said to him, "Where are you?"

So the application is not so simple. Everyone is called to God and yet many deny Him. It is a simple undeniable fact that stands thruout scripture. All have been called to God in Christ Jesus. The call concludes at the closing of the Revelation.

Revelation 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say "Come!" And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take from the water of life freely.

Unfortunately thruout the Bible you still cant prove the Universalist thread of reasoning. There are clearly those who do not desire to come. They do not heed the call. They do not hear.

The world does know Jesus for He is God. He has revealed Himself and His witness stands true. It started in the beginning when he clearly states...

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

These words are the beginning of God's witness to the world. He testified of His sole act in the creation of all things. Yet the world did not hear and rebelled. He called, but it did and still does not listen. So He took the form of man and spoke His own words....

John 7:6,7 Then Jesus said to them, "My time has not yet come, but your time is always ready. The world cannot hate you, but it hates Me because I testify of it that its works are evil."

Of those who claimed they were not blind....

John 9:41 Jesus said to them, "If you were blind, you would have no sin; but now you say, 'We see.' Therefore your sin remains."

If the world was not called the world would have excuse. Here they deny their own excuss and claim sight. Thus the guilt is upon them.

The problem you have failed to understand is God made His move in the act of creation. Thats right in Genesis 1:1 He established His plan and called all who believed in Him. All 66 books of the Bible speak of the The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit from Day 1 saying, "Come!" There is nothing hidden from the world. There is no excuse.

I have no doubt you have a feeling. There are many who have feelings. But to preach and apply the proper word of God is not simply a feeling. It is a divine gift. To imply God has not called all shows a lacking of said gift. I do not mean to disrespect you, but this is the fact of scripture. The Lord forms His teachers as He proclaims in Jeremiah.

Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations."

Every single one of his creations is called to Him. Some to one task some to another as teachers. We should ask ourselves truly what is that calling? Do we truly know the word of the Lord? Are our own teachers true to the scripture? If you examine the proponents of Universalism you will not find this to be so. The verses quoted are full of contradiction and claims counter to the complete whole.

Your assumption that God has not revealed Himself to the world runs totally counter to scripture. If it were so then the world itself would have no guilt upon it. Again those who are blind claiming they are not blind. Jesus tells them since they can see their sin is upon them.

There is no age beyond this age. Those who live are tested now! The refining fire is now! The trials are now! There is no other age. There is not other chance. Make the choice those who do not believe in Christ. The time runs ever shorter. The world groans in anticipation of that which it knows is coming. It knows its end is near. It rebels against it. It cries out with deception, idolatry, and murders. It knows its coming end for He has passed His judgement and its sentence is sure. It stands apart from those who are found to be in Christ....

Revelation 22:14,15 Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murders and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a LIE.(color and empahasis added)

And yet not one instance not one showing of those cast into the lake being removed. As such semantics are employed or allegory were none exists. Wake up He is coming. Those who practice a lie are among those found outside the gates. There is yet time!

Revelation 22:20 He who testifies to these things says, "Surely I am coming quickly." Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!

May The Lord God Jesus Christ find you in Truth!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2010, 07:43 PM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
3,381 posts, read 3,383,474 times
Reputation: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNC10 View Post
Hi Friend.

Thanx for the info, much appreciated!

People like me who believe there is ONLY one way to be saved and that is by J b F and Blood of the Lamb Atonement are called the "BRIDE of CHRIST". Are we known as B o C ? [Bride of Christ] or what?
I go by "Follower of Yeshua(Jesus)," but, you can call yourself whatever you want.

I do not like to call myself Christian because of the connection to war, violence, slavery, and so on. Most of Christianity does NOT follow the ways of Yeshua, so I try to distance myself from those that call themselves Christians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2010, 09:08 PM
 
5,739 posts, read 4,587,463 times
Reputation: 4161
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
I go by "Follower of Yeshua(Jesus)," but, you can call yourself whatever you want.

I do not like to call myself Christian because of the connection to war, violence, slavery, and so on. Most of Christianity does NOT follow the ways of Yeshua, so I try to distance myself from those that call themselves Christians.
Same here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2010, 09:10 PM
 
5,739 posts, read 4,587,463 times
Reputation: 4161
ahigherway.. this is a great thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2010, 09:53 PM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
3,381 posts, read 3,383,474 times
Reputation: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aschultz73 View Post
Well I can understand your point this is not Biblically supported.

First of all God has called all the world. He has called since the day of Adam. As all of man are in Adam the call applies. Simply put....

Genesis 3:4 Then the LORD God called to Adam and said to him, "Where are you?"

So the application is not so simple. Everyone is called to God and yet many deny Him. It is a simple undeniable fact that stands thruout scripture. All have been called to God in Christ Jesus. The call concludes at the closing of the Revelation.

Revelation 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say "Come!" And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take from the water of life freely.

Unfortunately thruout the Bible you still cant prove the Universalist thread of reasoning. There are clearly those who do not desire to come. They do not heed the call. They do not hear.

The world does know Jesus for He is God. He has revealed Himself and His witness stands true. It started in the beginning when he clearly states...

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

These words are the beginning of God's witness to the world. He testified of His sole act in the creation of all things. Yet the world did not hear and rebelled. He called, but it did and still does not listen. So He took the form of man and spoke His own words....

John 7:6,7 Then Jesus said to them, "My time has not yet come, but your time is always ready. The world cannot hate you, but it hates Me because I testify of it that its works are evil."

Of those who claimed they were not blind....

John 9:41 Jesus said to them, "If you were blind, you would have no sin; but now you say, 'We see.' Therefore your sin remains."

If the world was not called the world would have excuse. Here they deny their own excuss and claim sight. Thus the guilt is upon them.

The problem you have failed to understand is God made His move in the act of creation. Thats right in Genesis 1:1 He established His plan and called all who believed in Him. All 66 books of the Bible speak of the The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit from Day 1 saying, "Come!" There is nothing hidden from the world. There is no excuse.

I have no doubt you have a feeling. There are many who have feelings. But to preach and apply the proper word of God is not simply a feeling. It is a divine gift. To imply God has not called all shows a lacking of said gift. I do not mean to disrespect you, but this is the fact of scripture. The Lord forms His teachers as He proclaims in Jeremiah.

Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations."

Every single one of his creations is called to Him. Some to one task some to another as teachers. We should ask ourselves truly what is that calling? Do we truly know the word of the Lord? Are our own teachers true to the scripture? If you examine the proponents of Universalism you will not find this to be so. The verses quoted are full of contradiction and claims counter to the complete whole.

Your assumption that God has not revealed Himself to the world runs totally counter to scripture. If it were so then the world itself would have no guilt upon it. Again those who are blind claiming they are not blind. Jesus tells them since they can see their sin is upon them.

There is no age beyond this age. Those who live are tested now! The refining fire is now! The trials are now! There is no other age. There is not other chance. Make the choice those who do not believe in Christ. The time runs ever shorter. The world groans in anticipation of that which it knows is coming. It knows its end is near. It rebels against it. It cries out with deception, idolatry, and murders. It knows its coming end for He has passed His judgement and its sentence is sure. It stands apart from those who are found to be in Christ....

Revelation 22:14,15 Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murders and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a LIE.(color and empahasis added)

And yet not one instance not one showing of those cast into the lake being removed. As such semantics are employed or allegory were none exists. Wake up He is coming. Those who practice a lie are among those found outside the gates. There is yet time!

Revelation 22:20 He who testifies to these things says, "Surely I am coming quickly." Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!


May The Lord God Jesus Christ find you in Truth!
Choice? Now? In this age? For everybody?

I don't know if you are Calvinist or not, but huge swaths of the population live and die without ever hearing about Christ. Think North Korea. They are basically in a big blackout when it comes to ANY kind of religion. They live under tyranny and then die under cruel conditions never knowing any kind of human love, let alone the most powerful love in the Universe!



Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Same here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2010, 01:08 AM
 
309 posts, read 295,341 times
Reputation: 60
My comments in BLUE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aschultz73 View Post
Well I can understand your point this is not Biblically supported.

First of all God has called all the world. He has called since the day of Adam. As all of man are in Adam the call applies. Simply put....

Genesis 3:4 Then the LORD God called to Adam and said to him, "Where are you?"

What you are not understanding is that "many" are called but FEW are chosen. NOT few are 'choosing'.

Mat 20:16 So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.

Mat 22:14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

And these are the 'Chosen' one's NOT the CHOOSING one's. They did NOT choose Christ, but HE chose them.

Joh 15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, ...

And they didn't come to Him, God dragged them to Himself.

Joh 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw (Gk: drag) him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

So the application is not so simple. Everyone is called to God and yet many deny Him. It is a simple undeniable fact that stands thruout scripture. All have been called to God in Christ Jesus. The call concludes at the closing of the Revelation.

Revelation 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say "Come!" And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take from the water of life freely.

You say "....yet many deny Him." Scriptures says all denied Him, even His own disciples.

Mat 26:35 Peter said unto him, Though I should die with thee, yet will I not deny thee. Likewise also said all the disciples.

Even 'you' deny Him, for you do not believe the scriptures that He died for the whole world.

1 Tim 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially [not exclusively] of those that believe.
1 Tim 4:11 These things command and teach.

Unfortunately thruout the Bible you still cant prove the Universalist thread of reasoning. There are clearly those who do not desire to come. They do not heed the call. They do not hear.


I had been in your camp for 15 years before I saw the truth. I had questions that didn't make sense to me. The UR reasoning CAN be proved, it is just the FEW are given the 'eyes to see' and 'ears to hear' it, and MOST are not. So WHO do you think blinded them and caused them not to hear?? But of course, 'you' don't HEAR what these scriptures are saying.

Joh 12:40 He (God) hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

Isa 6:10 Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.

Rom 11:7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded
Rom 11:8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear unto this day.

Jesus spoke in parables to hide things from the hearing and seeing (of the multitudes) not to 'expound' things to them. And why did He speak in parables?

Luk 8:10 And he said, Unto you (the disciples) it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.

This understanding is NOT given to the 'multitude'.

Mat 13:11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

The world does know Jesus for He is God. He has revealed Himself and His witness stands true. It started in the beginning when he clearly states...

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

He WILL "in due time" reveal Himself and His mysteries to all people, but not everybody at once. Believe the bible when He says "He reveals", you dont just one day find it.

Mat 11:27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

These words are the beginning of God's witness to the world. He testified of His sole act in the creation of all things. Yet the world did not hear and rebelled. He called, but it did and still does not listen. So He took the form of man and spoke His own words....

John 7:6,7 Then Jesus said to them, "My time has not yet come, but your time is always ready. The world cannot hate you, but it hates Me because I testify of it that its works are evil."

Of those who claimed they were not blind....

John 9:41 Jesus said to them, "If you were blind, you would have no sin; but now you say, 'We see.' Therefore your sin remains."

If the world was not called the world would have excuse. Here they deny their own excuss and claim sight. Thus the guilt is upon them.

And yet you claim that "they....claim sight" and are blind of there own selves, but WHO blinded them again? Are you claiming that "you see"?

The problem you have failed to understand is God made His move in the act of creation. Thats right in Genesis 1:1 He established His plan and called all who believed in Him. All 66 books of the Bible speak of the The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit from Day 1 saying, "Come!" There is nothing hidden from the world. There is no excuse.

There are many things hidden from the world, and hidden by God Himself, and SINCE creation too.

Mat 11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

Luk 9:45 But they understood not this saying, and it was hid from them, that they perceived it not: and they feared to ask him of that saying.

Eph 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Col 1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but NOW is made manifest to his saints:

I have no doubt you have a feeling. There are many who have feelings. But to preach and apply the proper word of God is not simply a feeling. It is a divine gift. To imply God has not called all shows a lacking of said gift. I do not mean to disrespect you, but this is the fact of scripture. The Lord forms His teachers as He proclaims in Jeremiah.

Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations."

And I have no doubt that you 'feel' you are correct in your "fact of scripture", but we ARE preaching scripture. We know that God creates the righteous AND the wicked.

Isa 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Pro 16:4 The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

Every single one of his creations is called to Him. Some to one task some to another as teachers. We should ask ourselves truly what is that calling? Do we truly know the word of the Lord? Are our own teachers true to the scripture? If you examine the proponents of Universalism you will not find this to be so. The verses quoted are full of contradiction and claims counter to the complete whole.

Your assumption that God has not revealed Himself to the world runs totally counter to scripture. If it were so then the world itself would have no guilt upon it. Again those who are blind claiming they are not blind. Jesus tells them since they can see their sin is upon them.

If you are stating that a god (little 'g') has been revealed to all creation, then what you say is true, but to say that THE God revealed Himself to all creation is just not true. The Revelation of Jesus Christ is given to the "chosen" NOW. He does not reveal Himself to everyone now. And nor did God reveal Himself to ALL in the OT.

Gal 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

1Pe 1:13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought (later) unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

Hos 4:1 Hear the word of the LORD, ye children of Israel: for the LORD hath a controversy with the inhabitants of the land, because there is no truth, nor mercy, nor knowledge of God in the land.

Eph 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,
Eph 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
Eph 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

And again, you think God is not able or has NOT blinded you or caused you not to HEAR His words. If you are claiming you "see", as with what I am seeing you doing, is there sin upon you???

There is no age beyond this age. Those who live are tested now! The refining fire is now! The trials are now! There is no other age. There is not other chance. Make the choice those who do not believe in Christ. The time runs ever shorter. The world groans in anticipation of that which it knows is coming. It knows its end is near. It rebels against it. It cries out with deception, idolatry, and murders. It knows its coming end for He has passed His judgement and its sentence is sure. It stands apart from those who are found to be in Christ....

"There is no age beyond this age". Well, what does the bible say...

Eph 2:7 That in the ages (Gk: aions PLURAL, "ages") to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

Luk 18:30 Who shall not receive manifold more in this present time, and in the world (Gk: aion, 'age') to come life everlasting.

"Those who live are tested now! The refining fire is now! The trials are now!"..... Not everyone is refined NOW. The Judgement for the "chosen" is NOW.

1Pe 4:17 For the time is come (NOW) that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it FIRST begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

1Pe 4:12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:

"Make the choice those who do not believe in Christ." Aschultz....Please go to this thread and comment on all the scriptures that claim that your "free will" is NOT free at all...

http://www.city-data.com/forum/14207548-post116.html

We do not preach a "second chance" we preach "Reconciliation of ALL" by Jesus Christ. Some will be 'chosen' and reconciled by God NOW (notice God is doing the choosing, NOT man) and everybody else will be later.

Revelation 22:14,15 Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murders and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a LIE.(color and empahasis added)

"But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murders and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a LIE."

Well it is obvious then that Christ has not put ALL under his feet then. Christ rules "until" all are under his feet.

1Co 15:25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
1Co 15:26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
1Co 15:27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
1Co 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

And yet not one instance not one showing of those cast into the lake being removed. As such semantics are employed or allegory were none exists. Wake up He is coming. Those who practice a lie are among those found outside the gates. There is yet time!

To understand the ones who come out of the Lake of Fire, you would have to know WHAT the lake of fire is. And if you think that God can NOT DECEIVE you into telling other people lies, then you are mistaken.

Eze 14:9 And if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the LORD have deceived that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand upon him, and will destroy him from the midst of my people Israel.

Please make harmony with all scripture. God Bless

Revelation 22:20 He who testifies to these things says, "Surely I am coming quickly." Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!

May The Lord God Jesus Christ find you in Truth!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2010, 06:17 AM
 
Location: Italy
6,387 posts, read 5,112,960 times
Reputation: 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aschultz73 View Post
Well I can understand your point this is not Biblically supported.

First of all God has called all the world. He has called since the day of Adam. As all of man are in Adam the call applies. Simply put....

Genesis 3:4 Then the LORD God called to Adam and said to him, "Where are you?"

So the application is not so simple. Everyone is called to God and yet many deny Him. It is a simple undeniable fact that stands thruout scripture. All have been called to God in Christ Jesus. The call concludes at the closing of the Revelation.

Revelation 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say "Come!" And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take from the water of life freely.

Unfortunately thruout the Bible you still cant prove the Universalist thread of reasoning. There are clearly those who do not desire to come. They do not heed the call. They do not hear.

The world does know Jesus for He is God. He has revealed Himself and His witness stands true. It started in the beginning when he clearly states...

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

These words are the beginning of God's witness to the world. He testified of His sole act in the creation of all things. Yet the world did not hear and rebelled. He called, but it did and still does not listen. So He took the form of man and spoke His own words....

John 7:6,7 Then Jesus said to them, "My time has not yet come, but your time is always ready. The world cannot hate you, but it hates Me because I testify of it that its works are evil."

Of those who claimed they were not blind....

John 9:41 Jesus said to them, "If you were blind, you would have no sin; but now you say, 'We see.' Therefore your sin remains."

If the world was not called the world would have excuse. Here they deny their own excuss and claim sight. Thus the guilt is upon them.

The problem you have failed to understand is God made His move in the act of creation. Thats right in Genesis 1:1 He established His plan and called all who believed in Him. All 66 books of the Bible speak of the The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit from Day 1 saying, "Come!" There is nothing hidden from the world. There is no excuse.

I have no doubt you have a feeling. There are many who have feelings. But to preach and apply the proper word of God is not simply a feeling. It is a divine gift. To imply God has not called all shows a lacking of said gift. I do not mean to disrespect you, but this is the fact of scripture. The Lord forms His teachers as He proclaims in Jeremiah.

Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations."

Every single one of his creations is called to Him. Some to one task some to another as teachers. We should ask ourselves truly what is that calling? Do we truly know the word of the Lord? Are our own teachers true to the scripture? If you examine the proponents of Universalism you will not find this to be so. The verses quoted are full of contradiction and claims counter to the complete whole.

Your assumption that God has not revealed Himself to the world runs totally counter to scripture. If it were so then the world itself would have no guilt upon it. Again those who are blind claiming they are not blind. Jesus tells them since they can see their sin is upon them.

There is no age beyond this age. Those who live are tested now! The refining fire is now! The trials are now! There is no other age. There is not other chance. Make the choice those who do not believe in Christ. The time runs ever shorter. The world groans in anticipation of that which it knows is coming. It knows its end is near. It rebels against it. It cries out with deception, idolatry, and murders. It knows its coming end for He has passed His judgement and its sentence is sure. It stands apart from those who are found to be in Christ....

Revelation 22:14,15 Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murders and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a LIE.(color and empahasis added)

And yet not one instance not one showing of those cast into the lake being removed. As such semantics are employed or allegory were none exists. Wake up He is coming. Those who practice a lie are among those found outside the gates. There is yet time!

Revelation 22:20 He who testifies to these things says, "Surely I am coming quickly." Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!

May The Lord God Jesus Christ find you in Truth!
It occurred to me yesterday, that the difference between UR and ET is that UR believes that God has His own timeplan. ET claims that time is running out.

That is perfectly fine that you do not see this in scripture. I believe it for several reasons, and the most important reason is because God saved me one day from my road to destruction. Yet He did not save others who were under the same deception.
I can't say "why" He saved me. Was somebody praying for me? Maybe. But if this is so, then God was able to "override" my freewill, because I was on a road against Him.
I do not condemn those "friends" of mine who didn't get set free. I believe they will be set free at the right time.
Whether we face good or bad, praise be to God!! He is Lord of all.

blessings,
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top