U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2010, 03:42 PM

957 posts, read 715,818 times

Advertisements

2 questions unrelated ...

question 1:

Anyone have any decent theory about Rev. 13:3 -> "One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was astonished and followed the beast."

What the heck is a fatal head wound that was healed? I do not take revelation literally either but this one has me stumped.

question 2:

Not going to quote the verses but its the chapter about a bunch of countries (rosh , gomer, gog and his allies) that invade Israel but 85% of them get wiped out and it takes 7 years for the Israelis to either gather the weapons and/or bury the dead, I forget.

I almost think this is still a future event?

Anyone?

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2010, 04:33 PM

8,435 posts, read 8,386,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post

question 1:

Anyone have any decent theory about Rev. 13:3 -> "One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was astonished and followed the beast."

What the heck is a fatal head wound that was healed? I do not take revelation literally either but this one has me stumped.
I am just throwing this out there but what if the one head was Saul who persecuted Christ followers but then was fatally wounded and brought back to life as Paul, the Christ follower...

In reading about the Beast it seems to me that SOME of it parallels what happened to Saul in becoming Paul.

Look at Rev. 13:4 Men worshiped the dragon because he had given authority to the beast, and they also worshiped the beast and asked, "Who is like the beast? Who can make war against him?"

If the dragon is the Pharisaical system then Saul was definitely given authority by the Pharisees to persecute Christ's followers.

It's a theory I have been pondering.

Quote:
question 2:

Not going to quote the verses but its the chapter about a bunch of countries (rosh , gomer, gog and his allies) that invade Israel but 85% of them get wiped out and it takes 7 years for the Israelis to either gather the weapons and/or bury the dead, I forget.

Anyone?

Thanks in advance.
I am not sure I fully understand myself.... but here is a a link with some information that I found useful.
Preterist Post: The Identity of Gog and Magog

Old 06-09-2010, 04:34 PM

7,543 posts, read 11,554,397 times
Quote:

question 1:

Notice how the word "beast" is used in scripture under similar circumstances: Dan 7. It represents a tyrannical adultrous empire, which in Daniel's prophecy are 4 world empires: Babylon the lion, Media Persian (Dan 8:20) the bear which conquered Babylon about 539 b.c., Alexander the Great's Greece (which conquered the Persians in 331 b.c.) and finally the Roman empire.

History shows the prophetic phrase, "coming up out of the sea" has reference to empires, or organized kingdoms being made up from godless people, and heathen laws and customs of many different countries. The government of man, the bestial system of this world, becomes most "brutish" when man is severed from God, in whose image he was first made, which image is realized in the man Christ Jesus. Thus, the Kingdom of God and of Christ is NEVER represented under the image of a "beast", nor as coming up from the sea (represented instead as coming down from heaven - the higher plane).

The seven heads are the completeness of the bestial system in its opposition to the people of God. The Roman head is the one "wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed" (Rev. 13:3). The word "wounded" is the same word in the Greek that is translated "slain" in reference to the Lamb: "And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne stood a Lamb as it had been SLAIN" (Rev. 5:6). The Greek word is "sphazo" meaning "slaughtered". The head of the beast had not been merely wounded or smitten; it had been "slaughtered unto death". And it was not merely his "deadly wound", but it was the "stroke of his death" that had been healed. There had been actual death and resurrection from death - the contrast and travesty of that death and resurrection which had befallen the Lamb of God slaughtered and raised again! Of the bestial world system Jesus said, "In the world you shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer: I HAVE OVERCOME THE WORLD" (Jn. 16:33). And of the dragon who gives power unto the beastial system Jesus declared, "The prince (evil genius, ruler) of world is coming. And he has no claim on Me - he has nothing in common with Me, there is nothing in Me that belongs to him, he has no power over Me" (Jn. 14:30, Amplified).

Jesus did not come to modify the world system; He came to destroy it. Daniel makes this very clear. "And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed; and it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand forever”(Dan. 2:44).

Quote:
I'd say it's a current event. As the manifestation of His life is becoming real to those who've been freed from the systems of the earth and hear His voice, those systems are first being broken down in them, and from them out to creation as a whole.

Old 06-09-2010, 04:45 PM

7,859 posts, read 6,664,436 times
In Revelations 12:7 `` and there was war in Heaven Michael and his Angels fought the dragon and the dragon fought and his angels ...and prevailed not ,neither was their place found any more in heaven... the dragon was caste out of Heaven to the earth..... in Jude :9... Yet Michael the archangel when contending with the devil be disputed about the body of Moses durst not bring against him a railing accusation , but The Lord rebuke you,..`` Michael said....``These Angels of the Lord God and those fallen angels of the devil are very real but defenceless without the Blood of Jesus Christ ,but when Jesus Blood is added Michael would have creamed the devil there....... Those nations in Ezekiel 38 are not exact nation of the earth, but many false prophets will curse nations of the earth today pointing their finger that that nation or is it that one over there, NEVER PRAYING FOR ANY ONE OF THESE NATION THAT THE FALSE PROPHET HAD JUST CURSED BUT THE WILL OF GOD WOULD PRAY,,,, Like Jesus said as he over turned the money changers in the temple `` This is a house of prayer for all nations... `` and where is the house of prayer today ? but all anointed believers....See these nations are of Japheth in Genesis 10 lost in time.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity