U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 02:30 PM

58,712 posts, read 32,163,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletWren View Post
I merely pointed out to those who believe that a particular translation is flawless
I never defended KJV as falwless. As a matter of fact I corrected it myself just a few pages back. One of the URs claimed KJV "all will be saved" was correct in KVJ, but I pointed out the flaw in the translation. The correct translation is "He desires all to be saved".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2010, 02:34 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,393,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I never defended KJV as falwless. As a matter of fact I corrected it myself just a few pages back. One of the URs claimed KJV "all will be saved" was correct in KVJ, but I pointed out the flaw in the translation. The correct translation is "He desires all to be saved".
SO, you can see that many translations are fallible? Yes! Try and receive the BIG picture and you won't go wrong!

Old 06-11-2010, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
SO, you can see that many translations are fallible? Yes! Try and receive the BIG picture and you won't go wrong!
Yes, thank you. I have dug deep, and by now I am 100% sure UR is competely unbiblical. In that sense these discussions on this boards have been fruitful.

Old 06-11-2010, 02:45 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,393,431 times
Quote:
Yes, thank you. I have dug deep, and by now I am 100% sure UR is competely unbiblical. In that sense these discussions on this boards have been fruitful.
You are 100% wrong!

And, yes! These discussions have been VERY fruitful for me, as well!

Old 06-11-2010, 03:36 PM

17,968 posts, read 12,485,314 times
Quote:
Why don't you correct your KJV where ever "everlasting" and "eternal" and "world" is used and insert "eonian" and "eon" where aionion and aion are?

Don't stop with "desires." Go all the way.

Oh, by the way, Since 1 Timothy 2:6 says that Christ ransomed all, why would God just desire to save all mankind since all who are ransomed must be freed?

Mankind are slaves to sin and death. So they must be freed into God's salvation.

Old 06-11-2010, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Why don't you correct your KJV where ever "everlasting" and "eternal" and "world" is used and insert "eonian" and "eon" where aionion and aion are?.
I have already done that. Everlasting means everlasting.

Quote:
Mankind are slaves to sin and death. So they must be freed into God's salvation.
Yep, and those who accept Chist will enjoy everlasting life. Ups, I forgot you don't believe it is everlasting. How long will you be in heaven until you expire?

Old 06-11-2010, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Revelation 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

So. Christ knocks with the free gift under his arm, but if you refuse to open, you won't receive it. It is not complicated.
Your understanding of that verse is not what the verse is saying. It doesn't say: "I stand at the door with a free gift under my arm and if you refuse to open you won't receive it."

It is said to a very specific Jewish group of believers. He is going to go to that specific group. If anyone of that Jewish group of already believers opens the door He will come into that group and sup with that specific person in that specific group of believers.

Old 06-11-2010, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
Why don't you correct your KJV where ever "everlasting" and "eternal" and "world" is used and insert "eonian" and "eon" where aionion and aion are?.
Quote:
Fin replied: I have already done that. Everlasting means everlasting.
Well of course everlasting means everlasting but aionios does not mean everlasting. Did you go through your New Testament and put "age" everywhere "aion" is rather than "world"?

Quote:
Quote:
Yep, and those who accept Chist will enjoy everlasting life. Ups, I forgot you don't believe it is everlasting. How long will you be in heaven until you expire?
I noticed you left this part of the quote out:

Tony wrote which Fin didn't quote:
Oh, by the way, Since 1 Timothy 2:6 says that Christ ransomed all, why would God just desire to save all mankind since all who are ransomed must be freed?
But Fin only quoted this:

And Fin replied:
Quote:
Notice why Fin didn't quote the really tough part? It's because he doesn't want anyone to think about the part of all mankind being ransomed. He must know it destroys his philosophy because I'm sure by now he has done a complete study of "ransom" through the whole bible and knows every person and animal ransomed must be freed.
1 Timothy 2:4-6 is not about people having to "accept Christ to enjoy everlasting life". It is about what Jesus did in ransoming all mankind and that's the reason why God will save all mankind.

I will be in the heavens for the eons of the eons and will have eonian life or life pertaining to the final two eons. And when the eons end I will continue to live because I will have put on immortality.

Old 06-11-2010, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Your understanding of that verse is not what the verse is saying. It doesn't say: "I stand at the door with a free gift under my arm and if you refuse to open you won't receive it."

It is said to a very specific Jewish group of believers. He is going to go to that specific group. If anyone of that Jewish group of already believers opens the door He will come into that group and sup with that specific person in that specific group of believers.
No, absolutely not. He uses a Christian Church in Laodicea (today's Turkey) as a symbolic example, but he is talking about EVERYBODY.

Old 06-11-2010, 04:43 PM

1,897 posts, read 1,726,762 times
Quote:
OK, then just forget about what Jesus said.
So, what is your view of Romans 5:18?

Romans 5:18. Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity