U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 12:47 PM

1,647 posts, read 1,708,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
God's word has spoken plainly and irrefutably
show me the instances, please?

and before you try to do so, consider this links, I think your claims have been refuted in this links, may everyone judge for himself:

eschatology - how you can make the bible say anything

"eternity" in the bible and the Greek philosophers

The common arguments in favor for endless hell refuted

A physicalistic approach to Matthew 25:46

Matthew 25:46

conservative Prof. Stroeter on the subject of everlasting punishment

Whence Eternity? How Eternity Slipped In by Alexander Thomson

Concordant Expositions (html format) - Concordant Studies

http://thefaithofjesus.blogspot.com/...ck-future.html

we also had already a discussion in great length here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2010, 12:51 PM

5,925 posts, read 5,683,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jremy View Post
It's clear what I meant: That one word in the Greek text was inconclusive--not the whole passage.

God's word has spoken plainly and irrefutably: There will be a hell of conscious, everlasting torment. It is our responsibility to submit to what the inspired text says, regardless of whether we find it to be unpleasant.

Gods word is not what your saying.

Old 06-10-2010, 01:32 PM

702 posts, read 812,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Gods word is not what your saying.
The text I examined in my earlier post leaves no doubt that universalism is false and that there must be an everlasting punishment. If you'd like to respond to my analysis of that text, feel free to do so.

Old 06-10-2010, 01:36 PM

Quote:
The text I examined in my earlier post leaves no doubt that universalism is false and that there must be an everlasting punishment. If you'd like to respond to my analysis of that text, feel free to do so.

I did respond.

Old 06-10-2010, 01:50 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,381,502 times
Quote:
There is not one scripture that tells us that the terrors of this place called hell is unimaginable. When someones premise is unscriptural, then there is no cause to believe such nonsense.

What MANY preachers and teachers of the past have done (and still do, unfortunately) is twist and torment their pew-warmers with UNBIBLICAL teaching such as this!

They are making this stuff up! Insanity!

If Jesus were here He would toss them out on their ears. Thank goodness. I guess that is what we are trying to do.

Old 06-10-2010, 01:50 PM

702 posts, read 812,156 times
Quote:
I did respond.
No, actually, you did not. You responded to a statement I made afterward in a different post. If you wish to respond directly to my analysis of the text about Judas, feel free to do so.

Old 06-10-2010, 01:58 PM

Quote:
No, actually, you did not. You responded to a statement I made afterward in a different post. If you wish to respond directly to my analysis of the text about Judas, feel free to do so.

The responce is the same, you built a case on inference and speculation, not the word of God, so your words are not the word of God.

Old 06-10-2010, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
That is why I don't believe UR, there is not one Scripture to back it up.

God does what he wants!! True. Nobody believes it.

He WILLS all to have the knowledge of him and his love.

He is the savior of ALL men.

(Here are a FEW of the HUNDREDS of verses that talk of the Restitution of All Things in the Universe. Tradition likes to keep tradition. It won't budge. It would have to start loving it's enemies and stop all wars. Won't happen. But, here you go.)

Romans 11:32 and 36. For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all. For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever.

John 3:35. The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand

John 17:2. As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him

John 13:3. Jesus knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he was come from God, and went to God;

I Timothy 2: 1-6 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

I Timothy 4: 9-10. This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation. For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Daniel 4:35. And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

Deuteronomy 32: 39. See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

Romans 5:18. Therefore as by the offence of one judgment (death) came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

John 12:32. And I, if I be lifted up from the earth (He came back from death), will draw all men unto me.

Isaiah 45:23: unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

I Corinthians 4:23: no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

Philippians 2: 10-11. That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

Ephesians 1: 9-11. Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth;

Colossians 1: 16 and 20. For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

I John 2:2. And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our's only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Romans 8: 20-21. For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God

Revelation 5:13. And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

John 4:42. Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.

First John 4:14. And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

Ephesians 2:7. That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 4:10. He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things

There will be NO secret place in all the universe for people that are just hanging out in torment. NOT ONE DARK PLACE!!

The angels are tormented in the PRESENCE OF THE LAMB! The lake of fire is meant to TORMENT those in it. The angels are in the SPIRIT REALM! We are NOT talking a LITERAL fire here!

SPIRITUAL FIRE!!!

We all have to go through that fire. Every single last one of us..........

Old 06-10-2010, 02:29 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,686,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post
Here is a quote form your link "The inspired Scriptures never speak of eternity. They describe nothing as eternal."

If this is true, then heaven isn't eternal.

Old 06-10-2010, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
Here is a quote form your link "The inspired Scriptures never speak of eternity. They describe nothing as eternal."

If this is true, then heaven isn't eternal.

We PUT ON immortality (we are not BORN with eternal spirits). None of us are entering "eternal" life. That would NOT make any sense. We are not eternal. We are becoming immortal. The ONLY time the word "eternal" can be used in the CORRECT way would be next to God himself who is the ONLY thing in this universe that is eternal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity