Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 04:13 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,173,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
From within who?
The sons, Betsy!

For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God. (Rom 8:19)

Anyone who has a heart for God should have HIM as their focus, to be consumed with His life! His appearing is not what everyone thinks - the kingdom of God is within you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2010, 04:19 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,438,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
The sons, Betsy!

For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God. (Rom 8:19)

Anyone who has a heart for God should have HIM as their focus, to be consumed with His life! His appearing is not what everyone thinks - the kingdom of God is within you!
And the unsaved.....what purpose does Revelation holds for them? The ones that we are diligently working to warn TODAY?

Old 06-10-2010, 04:26 PM

Quote:
And the unsaved.....what purpose does Revelation holds for them? The ones that we are diligently working to warn TODAY?
The sons are the first-fruits from whom God will reveal Himself! He will have a representative in the earth. "When He shall come to be glorified in his saints". (2 Thes 1)

Old 06-10-2010, 04:29 PM

Quote:
The sons are the first-fruits from whom God will reveal Himself! He will have a representative in the earth. "When He shall come to be glorified in his saints". (2 Thes 1)
That doesn't tell me anything about: What purpose does Revelation holds for the unsaved. Who's their "representative"? Lost...

Old 06-10-2010, 04:31 PM

23,011 posts, read 34,370,036 times
Quote:
Say it again please? For it is not just bout us...the believer's, it's for ALLLLLL! The believers and unbeliever's alike. Did I say all?
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
The purpose of Revelation is reveal the full identity of Christ and to give warning to unbelievers and hope to believers.
Yes Betsey! It's for ALL!

Old 06-10-2010, 04:38 PM

Quote:
That doesn't tell me anything about: What purpose does Revelation holds for the unsaved. Who's their "representative"? Lost...
We are to be His body in the earth.

This is all elementary stuff to Christians, who have misunderstood the goal of their lives all their lives. Just as His disciples were looking for swords and thrones, we look for the natural among the spiritual.

The first-born and first-fruits are the "few" and "little flock;" but these, though first delivered from the curse, have a relation to the whole creation, which shall be saved in the appointed times by the first-born seed - that is by Christ and His body, which are required to bring about "the restitution of all things."

Rapture, no - revelation, yes.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:36 PM

Quote:
We are to be His body in the earth.

This is all elementary stuff to Christians, who have misunderstood the goal of their lives all their lives. Just as His disciples were looking for swords and thrones, we look for the natural among the spiritual.

The first-born and first-fruits are the "few" and "little flock;" but these, though first delivered from the curse, have a relation to the whole creation, which shall be saved in the appointed times by the first-born seed - that is by Christ and His body, which are required to bring about "the restitution of all things."

Rapture, no - revelation, yes.
Misunderstood goals? Elementary stuff you say? Well WELCOME to Kindergarten!! The purpose of a Believer, a real true and blue BELIEVER, knowing that's all well with their soul...........is to lay down THEIR life for the brethren! Just as HE DID FOR US! Anything short of that, it's for nothing!!

Now that's selfless!

Old 06-11-2010, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Misunderstood goals? Elementary stuff you say? Well WELCOME to Kindergarten!! The purpose of a Believer, a real true and blue BELIEVER, knowing that's all well with their soul...........is to lay down THEIR life for the brethren! Just as HE DID FOR US! Anything short of that, it's for nothing!!

Now that's selfless!
That's exactly what I'm talking about! Jesus said, "Except a grain of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it bears no fruit - but if it die, it bears much fruit.

The events of revelation are not to be escaped from (that shouldn't be our focus) but overcome. The fires of revelation will be the oven that perfects the saints to do what they were created to do...

...give birth to the Man-child.

Old 06-11-2010, 06:47 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,014,610 times
Quote:
The purpose of the events of the revelation (the revealing) is to bring forth Christ from within us. It's the revelation of Jesus.
Hope Beyond Hell - Hope Beyond Hell
I tried to rep you, Little Elmer, but as is often the case, I get some strange control message telling me I have to rep someone else first. What's up with that?

Old 06-11-2010, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Hope Beyond Hell - Hope Beyond Hell
I tried to rep you, Little Elmer, but as is often the case, I get some strange control message telling me I have to rep someone else first. What's up with that?
Doing good to all men - it's biblical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity