Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 05:10 AM

223 posts, read 302,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Is SURVIVAL the goal of the one following Jesus Christ? I find there is a lot of emphasis on escaping death in the fearful, doomsday topics. Should we fear death? Isn't it the fear of death that causes bondage? Didn't Jesus say not to worry about tomorrow because today has enough trouble of its own?

Heartsong

These are the signs JESUS said will point to his return [Matt 24]

Christians are NOT fearfull because they believe GOD is in CONTROL!!!

The unsaved [the lost] will panic at what is happening on the this planet!! NOT THOSE who have their names written in the book of the LAMB. Luke 10: 20

click>
YouTube - Hillsong - At the Cross - With Subtitles/Lyrics
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2010, 06:22 AM

MIGHTY TO SAVE!!!

YouTube - Hillsong - Mighty to Save - With Subtitles/Lyrics

Old 06-11-2010, 07:41 AM

This is my desire.

YouTube - This is my desire (with lyrics)

ABOVE ALL !

YouTube - Above All - Michael W Smith (With Lyrics)

Old 06-12-2010, 03:26 AM

1 posts, read 1,690 times
While I, like other Christians, am looking forward to going home, I don't believe that God advises us to put ourselves in harm's way. Jesus told us to "watch" the signs of the times and then literally to head for the hills (or high mountains) at a certain point. He himself, as did Paul and others, "got out of Dodge" on numerous occasions. I think to know something is coming on you and then just to stand there is a form of suicide, which is against the Commandment. Jesus only stood there when he knew his time had come and that he was a sacrifice that was to be made, as Paul says, once and for all. We don't have to sacrifice ourselves. God gave us a brain and free will and intended that we use both so that we can continue preaching the Word and be a comforting presence to others, even under the direst of circumstances.

Old 06-12-2010, 07:37 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,129,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte Creamer View Post
Jesus told us to "watch" the signs of the times and then literally to head for the hills (or high mountains) at a certain point.
Spirit of the word, not letter of the word.

Last edited by little elmer; 06-12-2010 at 07:50 AM..

Old 06-12-2010, 07:46 AM

Quote:
While I, like other Christians, am looking forward to going home, I don't believe that God advises us to put ourselves in harm's way. Jesus told us to "watch" the signs of the times and then literally to head for the hills (or high mountains) at a certain point. He himself, as did Paul and others, "got out of Dodge" on numerous occasions. I think to know something is coming on you and then just to stand there is a form of suicide, which is against the Commandment. Jesus only stood there when he knew his time had come and that he was a sacrifice that was to be made, as Paul says, once and for all. We don't have to sacrifice ourselves. God gave us a brain and free will and intended that we use both so that we can continue preaching the Word and be a comforting presence to others, even under the direst of circumstances.
Charlotte i like your views and sense of wisdom.

May God continue showering you with his blessings.

I just added to your rep tally.

JDB

Old 06-12-2010, 02:35 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,420,068 times
Quote:
Who has ears to "hear" will HEAR and eyes to "see" will SEE, amen? AS for me and MY house, we will obey! A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences. Proverbs22:3

Old 06-12-2010, 03:06 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,129,945 times
For God has not given to us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind" (II Tim. 1:7).

There is only one legitimate fear in the universe and that is the fear of the Lord. When the prophets of doom prophesy destruction upon your city or state, if you are easily moved by the spirit of fear you will sell your home and run.

How we walk in this hour manifests which company we are in: the company of the Sons of God, upon whom shall rest the seven Spirits of God, or the company of them that "draw back unto perdition".

Old 06-13-2010, 01:34 AM

1,492 posts, read 2,681,884 times
I had a dream about the word wormwood a long time ago.I think I must have subliminally picked it up from a hymn,which I noticed later used the word.anyone know the title? something about the wormwood and the ---?I can't recall the next word.

Old 06-13-2010, 03:29 AM

5,965 posts, read 6,991,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilvan View Post
I believe the accounts given in Revelation are literal. The Star Wormwood is really Planet X, the brown dwarf star which is a companion star of our sun. It is going to arrive into our solar system in 2012 ushering in the natural disasters described in Trumpets 1-4. This star's passage will be the catalyst for the Antichrist's rise to power in the EU.
I actually believe this may be true about that Planet X coming and the poles shifting, etc.... However, I would not be so bold as to make any statement of certainty about such things. But the things going on around the globe appear to point to some great climax of woes. I've always believed that the world would end in great tribulation just as Jesus described in Matthew chapter 24. I just happen to believe that we will go through the tribulation. Some people say we can't go through it because of the scripture that says we have not been appointed to wrath, but history bears out that God has let his church be martyred and has let his children pass through persecution and tribulation. That's why I think the rapture is a bad teaching - because it sets people up to think they must not endure suffering. I don't see how anyone can read the NT and conclude that suffering is NOT for the saints.

Heartsong
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity