U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 10:52 AM

35,393 posts, read 12,629,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Must *every* thread on this forum degenerate into a Universalism discussion?

Apparently so. It's a shame. Every time someone starts a Christian discussion the URs come in to hijack it.

Old 06-11-2010, 10:57 AM

8,830 posts, read 6,275,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
None degenerate to a universalism descussion since it is Good News there is no degeneration at all.
This is exactly what I was thinking!!

Old 06-11-2010, 11:01 AM

9,581 posts, read 5,253,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post
may it be due to fear? the truth will prevail for itself and those defending the truth can tolerate other opinions

every thread on universalism is likewise a chance to prove the doctrine of everlasting torment if it were true; as every thread on everlasting torment is a chance to prove the contrary

only those who fear the truth have to forbid other point of views

I appreciate it that both adherents of everlasting torment und universalism can post here, everybody is allowed to post his facts and every reader may judge for himself
LOL.... it is because Universalism is a false teaching, heresy ! Has nothing to do with fear.....
It is universalists fear and could not handle the reality of God's truth and therefore it had to change God's word to appease the mental health of those who adhere to it !!!

God's word, TRUTH does not need to be proven or defended by anyone.... it stands on it own !!

Old 06-11-2010, 11:07 AM

1,143 posts, read 930,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
LOL.... it is because Universalism is a false teaching, heresy ! Has nothing to do with fear.....
It is universalists fear and could not handle the reality of God's truth and therefore it had to change God's word to appease the mental health of those who adhere to it !!!

God's word, TRUTH does not need to be proven or defended by anyone.... it stands on it own !!
universalist forums allow contrary opinions, see here for example:

evangelicaluniversalist.com • View forum - Discussion Negative

whereas some "traditionalist" forums ban universalism altogether, so universalists do not fear contrary opinions; if God's truth stands on its own as I agree, there is no reason to ban or to lament about different point of views

universalism does question its own beliefs and sincerely tries to verify their belief, something which cannot actually be said about eternal tormentism, or where do eternal tormentists question their own beliefs in their own forums to verify their tenets as universalists do? - this the reason your arguments are refuted in any discussion over and over again in my opinion

Old 06-11-2010, 11:07 AM

6,946 posts, read 7,258,736 times
Quote:
We believe that we will get His fire - does that make us braver than you?

Seriously, judgment begins with the house of God - it must, for we must be His body to the earth. That's my answer to my question.

What are you living for?

Old 06-11-2010, 11:08 AM

6,805 posts, read 4,748,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
I could start another thread, but I'm curious how many would answer this question.
Start it! I too am curious as to each person's response to that question!

Old 06-11-2010, 11:14 AM

2,250 posts, read 2,614,101 times
Quote:

Amen! This heresy evokes righteous anger!

Old 06-11-2010, 11:14 AM

4,616 posts, read 3,285,309 times
Quote:
IMO the problem with UR has nothing to with where/how we spend eternity as much as it teachs that everyone will be saved even if they reject Jesus. If they only took away the hell fire I would have no problem. It's all the other unbiblical theology that is the problem.

John 3:36 says quite plainly: Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him.

Old 06-11-2010, 11:18 AM

7,462 posts, read 7,073,902 times
This one's been two pages of "denominational bashing."

June thinks two pages is enough.

THREAD CLOSED

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity