U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 01:10 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,383,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNC10 View Post
Hi Mike.

I believe there will be a BON FIRE called HELL but the fire has NOT been lit yet. The new testament makes it clear that SATAN and his ANGELS will burn. Now, the Bible makes it clear that many of us will be called to become the children of GOD but FEW are CHOSEN. The majority will be rejected as their names are NOT in the BOOK of the LAMB.
Matt 7: 21 makes that clear from JESUS own mouth!

The majority of Christains today worship GOD NOT out of fear of HELL fires but because of what was achieved at the CROSS!! Those that worship GOD because of fear of HELL FIRES have NOT known GOD!! [imho]

There will be a hell fire for all those who's names are NOT in the BOOK of life. The hell fire will eventually burn out like the FIRES of SODOM.

John 3: 16 says perish! The lost will PERISH and not burn eternaly!! PERISH means exactly what it says.
NO LITERAL BONFIRE!

Satan and the angels are SPIRIT! This is a SPIRITUAL, everlasting FIRE! God!

Tormented in the presence of the LAMB!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2010, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, not according to the Bible. Righteous deeds done by unrighteous people are like filthy rags to God. Unbelievers are unclean to God and everything they do is unclean, even if what they do seem morally right.

Isaiah 64:6 All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away.
Do you not think God is HAPPY when we GIVE food and water to people? Do you think God is happy when we are PEACEMAKERS? Do you think it makes God's heart soar when he sees his children trying to be just like him?

OF COURSE these things can't bring us anywhere CLOSE to Holy! BUT, my point is He is HAPPY when he sees those he loves doing what they are supposed to be doing!

Old 06-11-2010, 01:13 PM

1,897 posts, read 1,722,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by python87 View Post
Since people who never accepted Christ are capable of good works too, maybe this means they may 'bear the mark' without even knowing it?
There is nothing mankind can do to save themselves. Jesus is the Savior of the World because he took our sins upon Himself. The wages of sin are death. He took our punishment for us, which is death, not burning in hell.

If you believe in Jesus you will have eternal life, and John 17:3 tells us that eternal life is to know Him. If you know Him, you'll love Him, and the result is the fruit of the Spirit - love, joy, peace, patience, goodness, kindness, gentleness, and self-control. The closer our relationship to God, the more we see evidence of these attributes in our lives. The closer our relationship to God, the less we desire the sins of the flesh. This is important because we will all be judged according to our deeds whether good or bad. Rewards for good deeds and punishment (which is not described in the bible) for bad deeds. Peace...

I should add that the unbelievers don't know him YET, but they will.

Old 06-11-2010, 01:15 PM

58,520 posts, read 31,909,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by python87 View Post
Then why parable doesn't say so? There should be four groups of people in parable:
1. beleiever who didn't do anything good
2. believers who did
3. unbelievers who didn't
4. unbelievers who did

If you are right 1,2 would go to heaven, 3,4 in hell. But there are only two for some reason. Since there are non-believers doing good, one very possible interpretation is that they did accept Chrsit without knowing it. And that there are believers who think they accepted Christ but didn't ("we cast out demons in your name....")
In Gods eye there are only two kinds of people:

1. Believers
2. Unbelievers

There is no need to divide them further depending on their works. That's the whole point. No one receives the mark without knowing it.

Those "christians in name only" do not bear the mark, and therefore they fall in the "unbelievers" group. There are many such people, especially here in US.

Old 06-11-2010, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Do you not think God is HAPPY when we GIVE food and water to people? Do you think God is happy when we are PEACEMAKERS? Do you think it makes God's heart soar when he sees his children trying to be just like him?
Read the verse again.

Old 06-11-2010, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Read the verse again.
Read the Bible. There are PLENTY of verses that back me up. I can post them all later. I have to run some errands.

Old 06-11-2010, 01:20 PM

159 posts, read 146,636 times
Quote:
This is important because we will all be judged according to our deeds whether good or bad.
Well thanks for admitting something that I am truing to get across the whole time: that Gods attributes have to make sense (and being punished for bad deeds and revarded for good deeds makes sense), or he is arbitrary and therefore untrustworthy.

Your offer is kind, but I'll decline for now. I am still learning.

Old 06-11-2010, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Read the Bible.
Yea, thanks, where do you think I got the verse from?

Old 06-11-2010, 01:22 PM

1,897 posts, read 1,722,368 times
Quote by Finn_Jarber:

No, if you are not a believer, he couldn't care less what you do. Isiah makes it painfully clear.

What passage in Isaiah says God doesn't care what most people do? The one you quoted says that all of us are unclean.

Isaiah 64:6 All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away.

Old 06-11-2010, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
Quote by Finn_Jarber:

No, if you are not a believer, he couldn't care less what you do. Isiah makes it painfully clear.

What passage in Isaiah says God doesn't care what most people do? The one you quoted says that all of us are unclean.

It says "all our righteous acts are like filthy rags"

Please make an effort to understand what is being said. Of course God cares what believers do, I never said otherwise. I am talking about the works done by unbelievers. Unbelief in itself will take you to hell, no matter what works you did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity