Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 08:34 PM

33,229 posts, read 26,440,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Mike, what I can't understand is why YOU can't understand WHO and WHAT the fire is???

And, by the way, with the fruits you're producing you'll probably get tossed there yourself, which isn't necessarily a BAD thing!
I just explained to you what the fire is, and I showed scripture and documentation to back it up. Readers are free to go back to the post and read it.

On second thought, I'll bring the post here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Do you people not understand the concept of eternal destruction away from the presence of God and from the glory of His power. Away from the presence of God refers to having no relationship with God. Fire refers to judgment. With reference to 2 Thess 1 when the Lord returns, unbelievers will be judged with eternal destruction away from the presence of God. It is described in Matthew 25:41 as the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels.

Here now. I will post both passages together.

Matthew 25:41 ''Then He will also say to those on His left, ''Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels. 46) ''And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.

2 Thess 1:7 ''and to give relief to you who are afflicted and to us as well when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with His mighty angels in flaming fire (judgment) 9) dealing out retribution to those who do not know God and to those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9) And these will pay the penalty of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power, 10) when He comes to be glorified in His saints on that day, and be marveled at among all who have believed...

Different passages describing the same event. It is the baptism of fire, in which all tribulational unbelievers are cast into the eternal fire when Christ returns at the end of the tribulation. It is the event which was prophesied by John the Baptist in Matthew 3:12.

DOCTRINE OF THE BAPTISM OF FIRE « Bible Prophecy For Today

What Is the Baptism of Fire? : ChristianCourier.com

#3 Baptized with the Holy Spirit and Fire (3:15-18) -- JesusWalk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2010, 08:45 PM

63,803 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Now, you can either face reality, or you can continue on in denial.
The God who you believe uses ET on unbelievers . . . is a Satanic corruption using the veil of ignorance over the OT to perpetuate and destroy Jesus' message of love. Jesus came to remove that veil of ignorance and correct the understanding of the true nature of God as Love. The ignorant primitive minds were easy to convince by appealing to their own human weaknesses . . . and the agendas of men have perpetuated that ignorance for their own purposes.

But Jesus is living and working on what God has "Written in our hearts" to remove the veil of OT descriptions of God. The God of human weaknesses (jealousy, vengeance, wrath, egotism, anger, genocide, rape, pillage, murder of men, women, and children, firstborns, etc. and the myriad horrors attributed to God by primitive savages) is Satan . . . NOT God. It is Satan who has preyed on our human weaknesses to deceive and undermine the example and message of Christ within the very church Christ founded. God has no human weaknesses! God is love and love is 1 Cor 13:1-7.

Old 06-11-2010, 08:51 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,194,236 times
Quote:
I just explained to you what the fire is, and I showed scripture and documentation to back it up. Readers are free to go back to the post and read it.

On second thought, I'll bring the post here...
Very strange, Mike. Very strange.......

Are you trying to tell me you kinda agree with the fire the URs believe in??

Old 06-11-2010, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNC10 View Post
Mike.

Is GOD able to Completly destroy the lost in hell fires and then extinguish the fires when their soul die?
The English word 'destroy' is translated from the Greek word APOLLUMI. It does not mean to destroy in the sense of cessation of existence. It refers to a loss of well being. It means to uttery ruin, to render eternally useless.

Apollumi is the word that Jesus used in Matthew 10:28 when He spoke of those thrown into Gehenna-the lake of fire. HELL. It is the place of everlasting torment where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Matthew 13:42 It is the place where their worm does not die, and the fire is not quenched. Mark 9:48.

And yes. It says the same thing in the original Greek.

Old 06-11-2010, 09:04 PM

Quote:
The English word 'destroy' is translated from the Greek word APOLLUMI. It does not mean to destroy in the sense of cessation of existence. It refers to a loss of well being. It means to uttery ruin, to render eternally useless.

Apollumi is the word that Jesus used in Matthew 10:28 when He spoke of those thrown into Gehenna-the lake of fire. HELL. It is the place of everlasting torment where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Matthew 13:42 It is the place where their worm does not die, and the fire is not quenched. Mark 9:48.

And yes. It says the same thing in the original Greek.
Mike, Sodom went through the "eternal" fire, and it will be restored. Their smoke went up "for ever and ever," but not really.

There WAS weeping and gnashing of teeth when the Jews lost their kingdom. I can see you weeping and gnashing your teeth when you find yourself outside the gates of LOVE, also.

Old 06-11-2010, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Very strange, Mike. Very strange.......

Are you trying to tell me you kinda agree with the fire the URs believe in??
NO I AM NOT. READ AND TRY TO COMPREHEND WHAT I WROTE AND POSTED YET AGAIN, BELOW. And read the resources I provided.

The fire in 2 Thessalonians 1 is the same fire of Matthew 25:41. It is the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels. It is the same fire that the tribulational unbelievers of Matthew 25:41 are thrown into. There is no reprieve. It is permanant. First hades, and then Gehenna.

Quote:
Do you people not understand the concept of eternal destruction away from the presence of God and from the glory of His power. Away from the presence of God refers to having no relationship with God. Fire refers to judgment. With reference to 2 Thess 1 when the Lord returns, unbelievers will be judged with eternal destruction away from the presence of God. It is described in Matthew 25:41 as the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels.

Here now. I will post both passages together.

Matthew 25:41 ''Then He will also say to those on His left, ''Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels. 46) ''And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.

2 Thess 1:7 ''and to give relief to you who are afflicted and to us as well when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with His mighty angels in flaming fire (judgment) 9) dealing out retribution to those who do not know God and to those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9) And these will pay the penalty of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power, 10) when He comes to be glorified in His saints on that day, and be marveled at among all who have believed...

Different passages describing the same event. It is the baptism of fire, in which all tribulational unbelievers are cast into the eternal fire when Christ returns at the end of the tribulation. It is the event which was prophesied by John the Baptist in Matthew 3:12.

DOCTRINE OF THE BAPTISM OF FIRE « Bible Prophecy For Today

What Is the Baptism of Fire? : ChristianCourier.com

#3 Baptized with the Holy Spirit and Fire (3:15-18) -- JesusWalk

Old 06-11-2010, 09:08 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post

It's sure revealed what's in the heart of man...
Yes it believes more in destruction than creation .

Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

Old 06-11-2010, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Yes it believes more in destruction than creation .

Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

I can see which side I want to be on from these posts.

Old 06-11-2010, 09:11 PM

Quote:
NO I AM NOT. READ AND TRY TO COMPREHEND WHAT I WROTE AND POSTED YET AGAIN, BELOW. And read the resources I provided.

The fire in 2 Thessalonians 1 is the same fire of Matthew 25:41. It is the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels. It is the same fire that the tribulational unbelievers of Matthew 25:41 are thrown into. There is no reprieve. It is permanant. First hades, and then Gehenna.
Mike, you do understand that the adversary and his cohorts are SPIRIT? YES?

Old 06-11-2010, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Mike, Sodom went through the "eternal" fire, and it will be restored. Their smoke went up "for ever and ever," but not really.

There WAS weeping and gnashing of teeth when the Jews lost their kingdom. I can see you weeping and gnashing your teeth when you find yourself outside the gates of LOVE, also.
To the contrary. In the Millennium, the ruined cities of Israel will be restored. That in no way implies that the unbelieving inhabitants that were destroyed with the destruction of Sodom will be restored. Those who died as unbelievers are eternally lost and will spend eternity in the lake of fire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity